General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

GT5 delayed again!

Search this Thread

Old 19-09-2010, 12:11 PM
RS_CHAZ
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Samsung UE46C8000
Old 19-09-2010, 04:13 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RS_CHAZ
Samsung UE46C8000

so your bothered about the difference in 720p and 1080p then choose an awful tv for gaming strange...
Old 19-09-2010, 04:27 PM
purple_fiesta
No longer a ford owner ..

GT5 is going to be brilliant, Got F1 2010 out soon to keep my occupied

Last edited by purple_fiesta; 19-09-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 19-09-2010, 04:32 PM
RS_CHAZ

Originally Posted by danneth
so your bothered about the difference in 720p and 1080p then choose an awful tv for gaming strange...
And how do you work that one out?? Next you'll be coming out with some garbage that sony make better TV's

What TV do you have for gaming?? Mine does fine and im yet to see a better screen in terms of detail and depth in picture. But then again, im not one to be overy bothered by TV's etc. I invest my money in better things
Old 19-09-2010, 04:41 PM
bbsheppo
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by purple_fiesta
GT5 is going to be brilliant, Got F1 2010 out soon to keep my occupied
Yeah the F12010 does look good. I'll be on Dead rising 2 from next Friday, should pass the time till GT5!
Old 19-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

RS CHaz....What a tool...you clearly like your Xbox too much, i suspect you lick out the USB ports when your alone at night....
Old 19-09-2010, 04:46 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

And how do you work that one out?? Next you'll be coming out with some garbage that sony make better TV's

What TV do you have for gaming?? Mine does fine and im yet to see a better screen in terms of detail and depth in picture. But then again, im not one to be overy bothered by TV's etc. I invest my money in better things

How do i work it out i dont other people do who test them, your tv's input lag in different modes is around 110ms then when you finally set it up via the menu's you might be able to get it down to 40ms ( still high )

Some of the things AV picked up on when testing the tv
  • Very Poor Backlight Uniformity
  • Poor Off-Axis Performance
  • Cross Talk Ghosting in 3D
  • Gaming input lag could be better
  • Game mode not included with other Picture Modes
but each to there own i went for the g20 better picture, better blacks, better for gaming and half the price, although i dont have 3D but ill wait till its needed
Old 19-09-2010, 05:07 PM
RS_CHAZ

Originally Posted by Munch
RS CHaz....What a tool...you clearly like your Xbox too much, i suspect you lick out the USB ports when your alone at night....
Whats not to like, i dont see any benefit of owning a PS3 over an XBOX
Old 19-09-2010, 05:13 PM
RS_CHAZ

How do i work it out i dont other people do who test them, your tv's input lag in different modes is around 110ms then when you finally set it up via the menu's you might be able to get it down to 40ms ( still high )

Some of the things AV picked up on when testing the tv
  • Very Poor Backlight Uniformity
  • Poor Off-Axis Performance
  • Cross Talk Ghosting in 3D
  • Gaming input lag could be better
  • Game mode not included with other Picture Modes
but each to there own i went for the g20 better picture, better blacks, better for gaming and half the price, although i dont have 3D but ill wait till its needed

You see that's where your wrong and shouldnt believe everything you read Try having a tv professionally calibrated mate. The refresh rate with my xbox on is 30ms nowhere near what you quoted. The cross talk ghosting is no more with 3D on and the back light isnt as bad as you think. Have you ever actually watched 1?? and more to the point, are you even aware of what the above actually means in terms of watching tv??!! Because to be honest i hadnt a clue until the gentleman who set up the tv expained it all
Old 19-09-2010, 05:19 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But then again, im not one to be overy bothered by TV's etc.
But are clearly bothered by someone commenting on your fanboy-ish attitude towards 360's/ps3's...

You see that's where your wrong and shouldnt believe everything you read Try having a tv professionally calibrated mate. The refresh rate with my xbox on is 30ms nowhere near what you quoted. The cross talk ghosting is no more with 3D on and the back light isnt as bad as you think. Have you ever actually watched 1?? and more to the point, are you even aware of what the above actually means in terms of watching tv??!! Because to be honest i hadnt a clue until the gentleman who set up the tv expained it all
From what Danneth has posted previously in pc/tech threads, he does know what he's talking about
Old 19-09-2010, 05:25 PM
RS_CHAZ

Originally Posted by zetec-Sam
But are clearly bothered by someone commenting on your fanboy-ish attitude towards 360's/ps3's...

From what Danneth has posted previously in pc/tech threads, he does know what he's talking about
Sam mate, if people havent trigged yet, im just entertaining myself in an otherwise drab day.

Seriosuly tho, do prefer my xbox over the ps3, but i think thats because i had it before i had my ps3. both capable machines as been said, but like most, i have my prefrence.

regarding danneth, i dissagree with his statement on the tv. I have zero complaints about mine and dont notice any problems with it. the Ł300 it cost to get calibrated tho was well worth it as the improvement was ten fold. I did get sucked in when buying the tv, but then i was looking for a new one anyhow and the 3d impressed me
Old 19-09-2010, 06:12 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

The points i made are after calibration from AV another site got it down to 32ms very average still raising to 40ms with 3d gaming , have i watched that tv yes, and i aware of what it means? ive been working alongside audio images for the last 6/7 years on anything from 5k setups to 100k setups so my knowledge is abit better then average

I dont even have to change to "game mode" and can still see 0-16ms

like i said where all different i would rather pay Ł1100 for an excellent plasma rather then Ł2k for an average/good LED TV
Old 19-09-2010, 06:29 PM
RS_CHAZ

2k is 2k tho, easily earnt easily spent I guess the old saying goes 'horses for courses and all that'
Old 22-09-2010, 08:35 AM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

like i said where all different i would rather pay Ł1100 for an excellent plasma rather then Ł2k for an average/good LED TV
Same here, I am waiting for the price of them to come down and maybe 3/4th generation ones. LCD TV's are just too expensive and too new at the moment. Got myself a Ł1,100 plasma Panasonic TXP42G10B, which I really like. What was the verdict on them?

yes and the firmware only supports 720p playback not full 1080 Its hardware thats the difference not software
Thats not quite true. The PS3 does have the ability to output two sequential frame 1080P 3D images which the HDMI 1.4 calls for 3D. An addition to the blu-ray standard to include a scheme where one 1080P frame and depth of field information is sent to the TV so that the TV can create the two 1080P 3D images was made part of the Blu-Ray standard.

HDMI 1.4 and Blu-Ray are two separate organizations and two separate standards. HDMI 1.4 is a new standard that if complied with supports blu-ray 3D. The new Blu-ray Standard is backwardly compatible with all current 3D standards and adds several new standards one of which was included with the PS3 in mind to allow 1080P 3D when used with new SONY Bravia TVs.
Old 22-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Also the update yesterday unlocked the potential to play/download Blu-Rays in 3D format (if you've got the telly)
Old 22-09-2010, 12:27 PM
bbsheppo
Regular Contributor

I think I might start a topic to ask for people to enrol to GT5 racing online when it comes out.