General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

New Zealand

Search this Thread

Old 25-02-2010, 10:52 PM
kitchy
RS2000 4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Zealand

inparticular Auckland area, has anybody been out there? considering heading out there for a few months
Old 26-02-2010, 01:20 AM
Dexy
DTFTW

Yeah i was working over there for a month, you go and you wont want to come back, trust me.
Old 26-02-2010, 06:53 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My uncle emigrated ou there about 20 years ago and absolutly loved it, came home about 10 years ago and done nothing but moan about england and say how amazing NZ was. I met up with him in perth end of last year as he has moved to perth now after his marriage broke up. Funny thing is that all he did was say how shit NZ was and how great australia is lol.

I know a few lads that have moved out there and they love it, if your considering it then you need to go and give it a try and just take each day as it comes and just generally go off your tits out there and you'll love it lol
Old 26-02-2010, 08:51 AM
rstoughy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Just came back on Monday from 3 weeks over there.

Awesome is all i can say, we have been toying with the idea of making the move for about 2yrs now due to friends being there etc etc.

used the hols to do a bit of hands on research so the decision is made that if i can get work in either NZ or a rotation out of Aus then we will go.

Auckland is an amazing city. Loads to do and safe and clean.

We were based in Hamilton which is about 90min south of Auckland but travel is so easy. Good roads with very little congestion (but watch your speed)

We also went to a couple of costal places for a few days at a time to go out fishing in my mates boat and again they were amazing along with the people who are really friendly.

Do it, you will love it.