General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Bridgey retires!!

Search this Thread

Old 25-02-2010, 10:47 AM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bridgey retires!!

Just heard this on talksport, and yea i do feel sorry for Bridgey, but, i thought he would have been more professional than that!! Granted JT was a cunt, but this is professional sport, and the World Cup shd the pinnacle of any players career!!

I do feel sorry for him, but lets have it right, he'd split up with his missus, and his been in constant contact with her!! It takes two to tango, so how come he can talk to her but not JT???
Old 25-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

He has Kids with her mate, thats why he is in touch with her..

BUT other than that. I agree with you!!!

ITS THE FOOKING WORLD CUP!!!!

Wayne bridge is being an UTTER cunt!
Old 25-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Porkie
Wayne bridge is being an UTTER cunt!

Would you want to play alongside the person who shagged your mrs? Would i fuck i'm afraid
Old 25-02-2010, 10:59 AM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Na alrite fair point mate, i completely forgot about that, my bad!!!

But yea, its the World Cup!! All personal issues shd be put to the side!! Theyve just read his full statement, and he bascically said it'l cause too many distractions within the squad!! The only people that would make it a distraction is the miedia, they have blown it all out of proportion, and imo they should have not released the story 5 months before the World Cup, granted tell Bridgey and JT's wife, but theres no need for the whole world to no!!

Anyway, thats not the point here, Bridgey ovbiously had his heart torn out, i just thought professional footballers would be able to rise above that, and play for there country no matter what!!
Old 25-02-2010, 11:19 AM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Originally Posted by squizxr

Anyway, thats not the point here, Bridgey ovbiously had his heart torn out, i just thought professional footballers would be able to rise above that, and play for there country no matter what!!
They are still humans though they aren't fucking superman like people seem to think they aren't just robots that kick a ball without distraction. Wayne Bridge obviously felt he could not 100% focus on the game playing for England and playing alongside someone you do not trust and hate their guts. Its a bit like working in a team in your job with someone you despise. How do you expect to focus on your job? You'd happily work in a team where someone in your team boned your missus?
Old 25-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yep, i couldn't have any time for someone who banged my missus. Let alone respect them or play in a team with them.

Bit of "cutting his nose off to spite his face" but fuckit, he's made his money, probably happy to have nothing more to do with it, find a new bitch and move on.
Old 25-02-2010, 11:24 AM
natehall
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I think the question should be would joe blogs on Ł5.73 an hour quit his job if he found out his team leader had boned his missus. Most likely not for the simple reason he could not afford to.

So why should wayne bridge have the option to - when in fact all he is, is a man with a job to do to put the money on the table.

I think most englishmen would let the england captain bone there missus for a place on the team.

Trending Topics

Old 25-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Mike C
The Special One

Good on Wayne Bridge!
Old 25-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Mike C
The Special One

Originally Posted by natehall
I think the question should be would joe blogs on Ł5.73 an hour quit his job if he found out his team leader had boned his missus. Most likely not for the simple reason he could not afford to.
Of course he would! Plenty of jobs paying that sort of wage if people are willing to do them, and they should be to avoid having to work alongside such a cunt!

And the fact is, Wayne Bridge isn't in that situation, so why should he care anyway? If he wasn't then maybe he'd have to rethink.

Last edited by Mike C; 25-02-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 25-02-2010, 11:28 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

What a wanker........doesnt matter what happens in your personal/club life

He's letting his country down......better now than in the semi final tho, at least we have chance to source a proper englishman before it kicks off
Old 25-02-2010, 11:36 AM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by pani_k
They are still humans though they aren't fucking superman like people seem to think they aren't just robots that kick a ball without distraction. Wayne Bridge obviously felt he could not 100% focus on the game playing for England and playing alongside someone you do not trust and hate their guts. Its a bit like working in a team in your job with someone you despise. How do you expect to focus on your job? You'd happily work in a team where someone in your team boned your missus?

I see what your saying mate and its hard to say without being put in that situation!! It was his ex-missus, which does make a difference, still bang out of order, but like all human beings, you cant always stop your feelings!! I very much doubt that JT and Vanessa set out to hurt anyone!!!

Wayne Bridge's statement doesnt say he cant play with JT, he says his position is untenable and potentially divisive!! If he'd have said 'I cant spend 3 weeks away with a man i dispise' or words to that effect, then fair enough!!

Granted it must have been hard for him to make, but at the end of the day playing for your country is the bee all and end all!!!

Twats on the radio saying JT shouldnt go to the World Cup because of this, do these people want to win the World Cup???
Old 25-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Lambchop
Would you want to play alongside the person who shagged your mrs? Would i fuck i'm afraid
HELL YES!!!!

ITS THE WORLD CUP!

Wayne Bridge didnt do anything wrong.... why should he miss out!

he needs to grow up! So his ex cheated with someone he KNEW was a womaniser???

Men are Men. 99% of us are UTTER cunts....

Don't miss out on the World cup because of it!

he will SOOOOOOOOOOOOO regret this for the rest of his life!
Old 25-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He doesnt get a game when ashely cole is fit anyway. he must really hate the adulterous chelsea bastards
Old 25-02-2010, 11:53 AM
PAUL S
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Imagine if all the players that had been through Danielle Lloyd refused to speak to each other, the entire premiership would collapse
Old 25-02-2010, 11:54 AM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

HELL YES!!!!

ITS THE WORLD CUP!

Sooo right mate!!! In theroy if anyone should miss out then JT should miss out, but if we wanna win the World Cup he has to be there, and if Rio aint gonan be fit then JT shd have the captaincy back (imo he shdnt have lost it in the first place)
Old 25-02-2010, 11:56 AM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

PMSL @ Fiddy and Paul!!
Old 25-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Totally agree... he's being a dick and needs to man up.

ffs... my ex mrs' new husband (and father of her child) works at the same place as I do.. think I give a fuck? NO!
I wish the 3 of them all the best... like (IMO) a grown up should do!
Shit happens at the end of the day, and besides.. he should look on the fucking bright side...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ry-affair.html

Last edited by Markb_s1; 25-02-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 25-02-2010, 12:15 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

HELL YES!!!!

ITS THE WORLD CUP!

It isn't about wanting to play though, it is about keeping your FOCUS and giving 110% concentration through the entire tournament. I respect Wayne Bridge's decision as it is one for the team. Why compromise your country's hopes when you know there will always be something hampering your focus?
Old 25-02-2010, 12:19 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

But Bridgey has comprimised his country's hopes by saying he wont play!! Without Ashley Cole, were now looking very light at left back!! Capello has had a footballing decision taken away from him, Bridgey shd have at least tried it next week in the Egypt friendly, Capello has enough nouse to see if Bridgey aint coping and would then act accordingly!!
Old 25-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

It isn't about wanting to play though, it is about keeping your FOCUS and giving 110% concentration through the entire tournament. I respect Wayne Bridge's decision as it is one for the team. Why compromise your country's hopes when you know there will always be something hampering your focus?
Its got NOTHING to do with that!!!

Wayne Bridge is sulking like a fucking GIRL.

Grow up, man up.

AND ENJOY PLAYING IN THE GREATEST SPORTS SPECTACTLE ON EARTH!!!!

people would cut their arms off for the the talent and the opportunity he has to play in world cup final for their country!
Old 25-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Markb_s1
Totally agree... he's being a dick and needs to man up.

ffs... my ex mrs' new husband (and father of her child) works at the same place as I do.. think I give a fuck? NO!
I wish the 3 of them all the best... like (IMO) a grown up should do!
Shit happens at the end of the day, and besides.. he should look on the fucking bright side...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ry-affair.html

Old 25-02-2010, 12:29 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

i think Wayne Bridge will come to relaise what a big mistake he's made - he's biting his nose off to spite his face!

i truly believe England can win the WC this year; imagine in 30 years time showing your grandchildren a world cup winners medal...... something he cannot do now!
Old 25-02-2010, 12:31 PM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Will be interesting to see the two of them against each other this weekend, wonder if any handshakes will go on!!

I agree to most though, he should man up and get to the world cup!
Old 25-02-2010, 12:56 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

like peeps said,he got enough money to think fuck it,but personally if it was me id be after bumming jon terrys missus for some revenge
Old 25-02-2010, 01:09 PM
natehall
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike C
Of course he would! Plenty of jobs paying that sort of wage if people are willing to do them, and they should be to avoid having to work alongside such a cunt!

And the fact is, Wayne Bridge isn't in that situation, so why should he care anyway? If he wasn't then maybe he'd have to rethink.
The simple fact is, for a true english man, when you got on that pitch with the 3 lions on your shirt, with the whole country behind you wanting you to win and focus for upto 3 hours on something other than yourself would be easy, no matter what has gone on.

It dont matter if he doesnt have a drink with JT afterwards, or even if he decides to lock himself in his plush hotel room like a hermit, the fact is he clearly doesnt realise he is living the dream for the majority of englishmen and can not be bothered with the hassle of doing what he is paid to do!
Old 25-02-2010, 03:26 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

He should go and clatter jt in training.
Old 25-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KSA-Cossie
He should go and clatter jt in training.
I think he wouldnt be able to stop himself doing a lot more than that kev, thats the problem.
Old 25-02-2010, 03:37 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Fiddy
I think he wouldnt be able to stop himself doing a lot more than that kev, thats the problem.
Starting this weekend perhaps lol.
Old 25-02-2010, 03:41 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Im gonna go down the bookies later and bet Bridgey doesnt play saturday!! His ovbiously a bit messed up in the head and dont think he'l play for emotional reasons!!
Old 25-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Darylc.
49cc superbike!

I feel sorry for him tbh. The fact is, if 2 people in the team hate each other, then it affects the rest of the team and fucks up their chances. I think he has been very responsible by not forcing cappelo to decide as, let's face it, JT is a better player, so bridge decided to leave and give us the best chance of winning the cup.
Old 25-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by kosman
like peeps said,he got enough money to think fuck it,but personally if it was me id be after bumming jon terrys missus for some revenge
Thats why he aint goin the world cup

Fair play to him, at least he's stood up now and not left it last min,
It must be difficult to think your going into battle stood next to a guy you have zero respect for,
To play for your country you have to have the willing to put your heart on the line for each and every person involved, Bridge clearly doesnt have that heart for Terry.
Old 25-02-2010, 04:00 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Originally Posted by DarylC
I feel sorry for him tbh. The fact is, if 2 people in the team hate each other, then it affects the rest of the team and fucks up their chances. I think he has been very responsible by not forcing cappelo to decide as, let's face it, JT is a better player, so bridge decided to leave and give us the best chance of winning the cup.
Exactly my point. And JT looked as solid as a bouncy castle past few weeks for Chelsea.
Old 25-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Chris Honeywell
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Mondeo Man
What a wanker........doesnt matter what happens in your personal/club life

He's letting his country down......better now than in the semi final tho, at least we have chance to source a proper englishman before it kicks off
Its a bit harsh saying he's letting the team down lets face it he felt he could not focus so let the manager know fair play for having the guts to tell the truth.

Its John Terry and now Ashley cole that are letting England down now.

We need to rember that we are all different some of us would of got over it ok but him and his ex missus might of split up due to HER not wanting him.

He may still of well been in love with her and now he's thinking he got the Elbow so she could go after Terry..
Old 25-02-2010, 04:22 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Exactly my point. And JT looked as solid as a bouncy castle past few weeks for Chelsea.
Mate youve contradicted yaself there, you agree that JT is a better player then say his been playing shite?? But yes, by his high standards he has been playing shit!!

How are John Terry and Ashley Cole letting England down?? Because theyve had affairs?? Dont be wet mate, over 50% of the married population have had affairs, does that mean that there letting there country or employers down?? No, course it dont!! Im not saying his right to have cheated, there both cunts for doin it, but that wont effect how they play football!! People say JT has been playing shit, the last two games he maybe hasnt played his best, but no player plays to their best ability week in week out!!
Old 25-02-2010, 04:36 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Originally Posted by squizxr
Mate youve contradicted yaself there, you agree that JT is a better player then say his been playing shite?? But yes, by his high standards he has been playing shit!!

How are John Terry and Ashley Cole letting England down?? Because theyve had affairs?? Dont be wet mate, over 50% of the married population have had affairs, does that mean that there letting there country or employers down?? No, course it dont!! Im not saying his right to have cheated, there both cunts for doin it, but that wont effect how they play football!! People say JT has been playing shit, the last two games he maybe hasnt played his best, but no player plays to their best ability week in week out!!
I didn't say anywhere that JT is a better player. I would always have a player that perhaps didn't have the ability or experience to give 100% than a player with the ability of JT to give 70% because of other issues. Just because it is JT affair has been blown out of proportion but what did he expect exactly? That it will all be shovelled under the carpet? Same with Cashley in regards to being made an example of at Chelsea following the latest allegations. And the fact that JT paid for a gagging order makes it worse. Pathetic.
Old 25-02-2010, 04:40 PM
pollocks

HELL YES!!!!

ITS THE WORLD CUP!

i bet he doesn't regret it one bit ! ashley cole will be fit again for the world cup and that leaves poor old wayne on the bench getting a nice tan, plus as per usual we'll win fuck all ! and if fuckwit terry had maybe apologised and said that he regretted wat he had done publically maybe he'd have kept the captaincy and everyone could have moved on from it
Old 25-02-2010, 04:43 PM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

who really gives a shit at the end of the day it was his EX his loss imo
Old 25-02-2010, 04:45 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You agreed with DarylC, where he said JT was a better player.....

He paid for a gagging order to protect his private life, im sure 99% of people would do the same!! I bet Bridgey and JT's wife knew what had happened before the story broke in the paper, i very much doubt they first they heard of it was in The Sun!!

The point is, Bridgey has let the country down, yes his hurting, but he has to be a man, stand up, be counted, and show that what JT has done has not beaten him!! I think he'l regret not goin to the World Cup!!
Old 25-02-2010, 04:45 PM
pollocks

Originally Posted by andyt
who really gives a shit at the end of the day it was his EX his loss imo

your missing the point though from what i can work out terry did this when wayne was still with her and wayne has kids with here too !
Old 25-02-2010, 04:51 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by pollocks
your missing the point though from what i can work out terry did this when wayne was still with her and wayne has kids with here too !
It happended after Bridgey and Vanessa split!! He went to City in Jan, she couldnt handle him being out drinking and living apart so she ended it in August!! The affair then happened in the latetr part of the year!!

Quick Reply: Bridgey retires!!