General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Who's good with rosters and assoc software?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 05:44 PM
northernmonkey
I didn't do it!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's good with rosters and assoc software?

At work we have a 40 line roster running from Sunday to Saturday and every week we move down one line, going from earlies to lates etc.

Thing is, i was wondering if some of the more technically minded of you know of a way where the names would automatically 'drop' down one line every week?

I think it's been done in excel but i don't have a clue about excel or the formulas that go with it. Could this be done so every time i open the document, the program recognises the date on the pc and auto adjusts?

Or if you have a better idea?!
Old 10-02-2010, 06:54 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

you might be able to do it

put the date on the top line and the names down the sides to give you a template as to what to fill in

then you simply change the colours of the squares to show working of off for this week

then, when the week ends and you need to change it, simply cut the colours from one end and insert cut cells into the other end of the sheet to shift the whole lot over

then you simply adjust the colurs to show who's been off etc and it should be simple enough to work out

obviusly i do this sort of thing ever day for drivers, vans, hours, agency staff, sick and holiday's etc for my drivers, but i have yet to come across soemthing that auto scrolls without any sort of input from the person putting the numbrs in

hope that helps
Old 10-02-2010, 07:17 PM
northernmonkey
I didn't do it!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers Dojj,

Although it may sound simple enough, and i'm not stupid, excel i have never used! Lol

I was kinda hoping for the auto scroll option (we work on a base roster and only the names change on the weeks) but as this ain't available, i guess i'll keep to the diary!

Cheers anyway though buddy
Old 10-02-2010, 07:27 PM
dojj

it is very easy mate

even if you simply use it to put the names on and colour the squares yourself every week you can print it out and stick it on the wall
Old 10-02-2010, 07:31 PM
dojj

there you go, easy to print out if you put the names into it and change the dates

then you simply fill in the gaps