General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Tax code screw ups!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Tax code screw ups!!

Who here has been sent the wrong tax code YET AGAIN!!!

My war pension has been tax free and not counted as earned income since just after i left Navy and second year on the trot the HMRC have fucked up the tax code!!!

When i came out i was on the BR flat rate tax code (ie no personal allowance) and it took me ages to get that back. Eventually HMRC acknowledged the paperwork from the veterans people and got it tax free and refunded tax.

All fine and dandy...

then feb 2009 they send the new tax code letter for FY 2009/10 showing yet again code BR flat rate tax!!!

Bear in mind the tax free status on my war pension is a lifetime award

ended up wasting loads of money on thier phone lines getting pushed from one department to another and sending letter again with copys of proof reitterating its life time award.

Eventually they claimed its sorted and its on file so i wont have the problem again and i got my tax free status again!

come today

oh yes i get another letter from HMRC stating my tax code has changed for 2010/11 back to BR again

Back on the phone, the departments have changed YET AFUCKINGGAIN!!

Nothing on file about last year apparently either!!! So yet again ive got to send proof!!

Are these clowns that fucking incompetant???

or is it deliberate in the hope i'll eventually get pissed off with it and just accept paying tax when i dont need to??

I wonder how many old or disabled people get caught out by this and take it as read the HMRC know what they are doing??

I know Britain is broke but this is fucking desperate measures from the HMRC to get a bit of extra money

Any one else had similar hassle with them???
Old 02-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's because the country is broke that the taxman is going after every penny, even when it isn't theirs. My tax code came through with £9000 Benefit In Kind liability for my company car.
I know I drive nice cars for my job, but they aren't THAT nice!!!
But can I get it fixed? Can I hell.

And don't even get me started on Working/Family Tax Credits - that is one majorly fucked up system that no sane person could ever design, implement or make work - no matter how many people or other resources you throw at it.

In your case I'd involve your local MP now and maybe talk to the local paper - "military hero being mistreated by the bureaucracy that this government has created" should go down well.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:48 PM
callummarshall
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i feel your pain tax annoys the shit outta me
had theis convo whith tax office awhile ago
"im 16 fuck off im not paying tax!
but YOU filled in the wrong form!
but you gave me the wrong form!
but you filled in the wrong form!
BUT YOU KNEW I WAS 16 AND YOU KNEW I WAS STILL AT SCHOOL I HAD ALLREADY TOLD YOU THAT!
BUT YOU FILLED IN THE WRONG FORM!
BUT YOU GAVE MY THE WRONG FUCKING FORM NOW IVE LOST£130 TO YOU BUNCH OF GREEDY BASTERDS FUCK YOU and good bye!
Old 02-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

so basically the cunts are deliberately putting errors in thier favour on tax codes???

A bit like we all know DVLA "loose" a percentage of license address changes so they can make money on the lost license fee???

Would be a good national scandal if we could find evidence they do this deliberately.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:57 PM
callummarshall

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
so basically the cunts are deliberately putting errors in thier favour on tax codes???

A bit like we all know DVLA "loose" a percentage of license address changes so they can make money on the lost license fee???

Would be a good national scandal if we could find evidence they do this deliberately.
well i tryed again the next day when i calmed down and got a nice woman who said it was best just to leav it till end of year and claim then.
so from what i can make out some of them are cocks sore that your earning enough to get taxed and some are nice and willing to help
Old 02-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We don't have to prove it - since the chartered Accountants publicised it a week or so back, they've admitted it themselves.

And guess what - the computer made them do it!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8485997.stm
Old 02-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

ahh but were the programmers paid extra on the side to make it accidentally/deliberately make errors on a certain percentage of cases!??

ie its no random computer problem
Old 03-02-2010, 05:14 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

don't get me started

i've written to them 3 times and spoke to some bloke on the phone, but they still won't admit their fuck up

i sent them a list of 5 vehicles that i'd either scraped or needed sorning, they sent me 2 letters confirming one vehicle each, but the other 3 they claim not to know about

THEY WERE IN THE SAME FUCKING LETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry sir, we don't know that information

HOW THE FUCK NOT?!?!?!???!!??!!?!?

anyway, i think i may have a letter publiched soon
Old 03-02-2010, 06:18 AM
snoopaloopa

This would explain why they have got my tax code completely fookin wrong again then
They are the biggest bunch of clowns around, second only to my local council i reckon