General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

SCAM HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 29-01-2010, 08:07 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default SCAM HELP!

any had this??

I emailed some on pistonheads about a car - normal add normal price.

I get a reply - all be it a day or two later but all fine. I emailed him back and he replied and that was that on the 25th.

Then tonight i get another reply from him, and he is replying to an email I DID NOT SEND?

Again, this was dated the 25th but he has only just replied.

Basically my email he was replying to (that i did not send) said 'would you take 5k cash this weekend'.

He was replying saying give me a call about coming down tomorrow or sunday and his number?

NOBODY sent that email and it is not recored on my email, my emails come to my computer and to my phone - but did not reply on my phone.

Has someone hacked onto the emails - my emails and are pretending to be me, then go down, steal the car and it is made to look like I arranged the viewing? or is this a scam on his part, an attempt to restablish contact? thing is the car was 5250 , so not like 5k is a huge amount off to get me back into contact if on his side.

any thoughts?