General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Foriegn Truckers!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010 | 07:55 AM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Default Foriegn Truckers!!

Did a journey last night down the M6, lots of it have been narrowed for road works so the lanes are very tight.

The place was FULL of lorries, but the forgien (sp) truckers are insane, undertaking, driving on peoples bumpers etc

Admittedly there are some numpties, usually in mercs that just pull on front of them at the last moment without breaking,but still, had one collided it would have been a mass pile up.

I have been driving for years but actually felt a bit scared at times for my safety

Did only seem to be the trucks with european plates on that drove the worst!
Old 12-01-2010 | 08:02 AM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

'Did only seem to be the trucks with european plates on that drove the worst!'

There's a novelty....
Old 12-01-2010 | 08:05 AM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Originally Posted by matts1
Did a journey last night down the M6, lots of it have been narrowed for road works so the lanes are very tight.

The place was FULL of lorries, but the forgien (sp) truckers are insane, undertaking, driving on peoples bumpers etc

Admittedly there are some numpties, usually in mercs that just pull on front of them at the last moment without breaking,but still, had one collided it would have been a mass pile up.

I have been driving for years but actually felt a bit scared at times for my safety

Did only seem to be the trucks with european plates on that drove the worst!
Just driven to Paris and back.

IMHO its us in the UK who are the bad drivers.

It was a dream driving down there, Everyone and i maen everyone uses the motorway properly. sitting in the inside lane and using the overtaking lanes for overtaking!!!! ( yes its hard to believe).

All the trucks were courtious, only overtaking when they really had to and never blocking the outside lane. indicating well in advance. And I dont think I saw one truck "flash" an over taking truck back in. As they obviously all know the length of their waggons unlike over here.

You can actually set the cruise control at 130kph and not once have to slow down for some cock hogging the middle lane or a group of 10 cars in the outside lane when the other 2 are empty.

As soon as we got back on the m20 and m25 yesterday, we were being cut up from all directions. Having to constantly speed up and slow down.

Its the UK roads and drivers which I believe are worse.
Old 12-01-2010 | 08:16 AM
mcst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Theres a stretch of a bypass here that i've followed one at just under 80 on my clocks. I was just keeping up with him chugging along on my way to work and looked down to see the speed! I promptly slowed down of course
They hardly slow down for the small roundabouts and as you say they tailgate everything!

At least once a month we get them go wrong and end up facing a small single lane bridge when they exit a roundabout a mile away on the same bypass wrong, they want to stay on the A16 but end up here:

You can get an artic over but its not easy at all, its not like its easy to back up on the other side either though. Picture doesn't show it that well but you get the idea.

Its usually spanish lorries that end up at the bridge.
Old 12-01-2010 | 08:24 AM
mcst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Lee Ivatt
Its the UK roads and drivers which I believe are worse.
I don't profess to be a perfect driver but i'm inclined to agree. The general standard of driving in the UK is poor in my experience.

If you leave a safe distance on motorways you can guarantee some fucker will pull in it! Most of the problems are caused by people being selfish and not giving others a chance.

Slips roads get me going! When you are taught to match your speed and merge with the carriageway. Some arsehole on the carriageway will be hammering along and have no intention of letting you in or if you are on the carriageway someone on the slip will be doing the same and be hell bent on getting out come hell or high water!

Most of the roundabouts round my way would work if people used them at a sensible speed and gave people enough time to slot in and keep traffic flowing.

No give or take anymore. Most people don't see any further than the end of their own bonnet!
Old 12-01-2010 | 10:28 AM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

If people didn't leave it to the last minute to get in the right lane to leave at a junction, or turn at a roundabout, this countrys roads would be much better. Its when you get a cock (normally in a bmw/merc) in the outside lane that decides he wants to get off at the junction 100yrds ahead is when it causes trouble. Although, when we're in 2 tons of old, battered land rover, they do think twice when we position ourselves so they cant cut us up.