General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

ford courier 1.8 td 02 reg

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 11:29 AM
redguy
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ford courier 1.8 td 02 reg

hey people
im new to this, i have a ford courier 1.8td 02 reg (endura engine), ive got a problem with my van, the other day i got a puncture, i left it where it stopped for a couple of days cos it was christmas, the spare was gone and it was too late to get another, change the wheel with a new tyre, jumped in my van to drive it away, turned the key as per normal, everything seemed fine, waited for the glow plug light on the dash to go out, started the engine, it was in gear so it jumped forward, i took it out of gear and tried staring it again....nothing...had full power to all the dash and instruments, everything worked fine but there was no glow plug light on the dash, tried everything, checked the battery, checked all the wires coming from the battery, everything seemed ok, checked all fuses, pulled em all out just incase...still nothing, can anybody help, the small padlock on the dash next to the digital clock flashes red constantly, jumped in the car yesterday and fiddle with as many wires as i cud and re-tried the battery and all the usual stuff, still nothing was just about to give up and i gave it one last turn of the key, hey presto i had a glow plug light on the dash, drove it for about three hours, started it and turned it off loads of times, got in it to go home and.....nothing, is it the imobiliser kicking and switching off the diesel pump?, its had a brand new starter 3 weeks ago, is it the key?, somebody please help, i really need to go back to work in the van, any help will be appreciated, i had an auto locksmith out to look at it today, he said he couldnt get any power to his machine when he plugged it in the footwell diagnostics plug (even tho the battery is fine)...did he know what he was doing?....please help me
Old 04-01-2010, 12:03 PM
DangerousBryan
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

there is a fuse for the diagnostic plug i think. might be why he couldn't get any power to his machine.