General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Mayweather vs Pacquiao not looking good..

Search this Thread

Old 24-12-2009 | 02:41 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Default Mayweather vs Pacquiao not looking good..

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...794269,00.html

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...795626,00.html

I don't really know what to make of this to be honest. I'm familiar with quite a few types of drugs and their drug testing methods but still don't know which way to look at this, can see both sides of the coin..
Old 24-12-2009 | 03:00 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Originally Posted by pani_k

I don't really know what to make of this to be honest.

Nothing but the promoters making shit up , to drum up free advertising for the fight IMO
Old 24-12-2009 | 03:00 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Been looking at this situation for the last couple of days, pacman HAS taken a blood test before, so why he seems reluctant this time i dont know.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...gT0S9mlYSTf1S1
Old 24-12-2009 | 03:02 PM
cozzy940
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

all hype mayweather wont want it cause the pac man will fuck him up
Old 24-12-2009 | 03:06 PM
Hockney
Advanced PassionFord User

WTF are you on about its Pacquiao thats refusing the drugs test so how is it Mayweather thats not wanting it? Seems to me to be the other way around.
Old 24-12-2009 | 03:07 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by cozzy940
Have to disagree, you cant outbox a boxer, mayweather will not let it turn into a brawl, look what he did to hatton, he's far to clever, and when it comes to boxing skills, there is no one better. as far as the drug test, why is pacman reluctant to take a blood test, floyd will, so why wont pacman, hiding something maybe ?
Old 24-12-2009 | 03:21 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

You see there is some contradiction here. Pacman camp have refused to sample his blood 30 days before the fight but then said in the interview Pacman doesn't want his blood drawn at the weigh in or at the conference because it will unsettle him...so which one is it? Before it was refusing to take a blood test so early, other excuse is refusing to take one so close to the contest.

At the same time I don't see why such bespoke and special conditions for blood testing have been outlined by Team Mayweather unless they think that the Pacman has something to hide and are trying to exploit it. I'd let the boxing do the talking personally.

Trending Topics

Old 24-12-2009 | 03:31 PM
bad boy rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by pani_k
You see there is some contradiction here. Pacman camp have refused to sample his blood 30 days before the fight but then said in the interview Pacman doesn't want his blood drawn at the weigh in or at the conference because it will unsettle him...so which one is it? Before it was refusing to take a blood test so early, other excuse is refusing to take one so close to the contest.

At the same time I don't see why such bespoke and special conditions for blood testing have been outlined by Team Mayweather unless they think that the Pacman has something to hide and are trying to exploit it. I'd let the boxing do the talking personally.
Old 24-12-2009 | 03:48 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

from what i understand, maywether wants a blood test before and after the weigh in/fight rather than just what the normal drug testing as per the rules set by the peole who set the ruels for boxing stuff

so the why would maywether want "more" testing on pac? unless he knows that giving blood so close to the fight will dibilitate pac for a few days as has been reported?

this story has been rumbling on for a few days now, i hope it is just hype, it's something i'd pay to see, even if it wa son sky sports box orrifice
Old 24-12-2009 | 03:57 PM
dean richardson
Part of the Furniture

i think either way they are both amazing boxers but if either 1 sees some thing going on with the other it needs resolving before the fight be cos its going to be 1 hell of a fight to watch and carnt wait to watch it
Old 24-12-2009 | 05:35 PM
baba
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

maywether snr said early last year that he thought manny was taking sum performance enhancing drug......roids.
this is a statment from delahoya "If Pacquiao, the toughest guy on the planet, is afraid of needles and having a few tablespoons of blood drawn from his system, then something is wrong. The guy has tattoos everywhere; he’s tattooed from top to bottom. You’re telling me he’s afraid of needles?”

manny has openly admitted before to tattooing himself at home.

ESPN has stated that part of there contract for the march 13th super fight states that both fighters will undergo olympic style drug testing that includes blood samples.

on the 11th of december roach stated to ESPN that if mayweather snr wants blood tests then no probs saying "they can do any tests they like" and on the 21st of this month this was an interview on fight hype
Floyd Mayweather Snr has told fight hype that he wants World Boxing Organization welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao to take blood test, prior to their March 13th showdown in Vegas, after much speculation linking Pacquiao to performing enhancing drugs. However, although Freddie Roach has no problem with the tests, he does not want them to be conducted any shorter than six weeks prior to the bout as it may affect Pac Man mentally. Mayweather, however, strongly disagrees. He said in an article at Fight Hype, ”He [Roach] didn’t even say Manny would be too drained if he gave blood, he said it would affect him [Pacquiao] mentally, so unless he has something to hide, it shouldn’t affect him mentally.”

roach in 10days has totally changed his mind???
roach and the wild card gym have been linked to steroids before also.
and the icing on the cake was this.......manny and roach have stated they also want a contract written stating they will recieve $10million per lb mayweathers over the 147 limit.

i used to like pacman and roach but with every fight its getting a bit more stupid there terms etc.
so in a simple form pacman is risking a $40million pound minimum payday and P4P champ for a few blood-tests..................
Old 24-12-2009 | 05:36 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED

Originally Posted by cozzy940
i take it you dont watch current boxing!

publicity/promoting stunt or not the longer this goes on the worse pacqiauo looks. Its crutial he takes the test and hopefully he has nothing to hide. Their have already been some accusations by other boxers that pac team pac isn't throwing stright dice, some boxers are also bringing up freddie roach and alex ariza's past with using juice when training fighters who have been caught.

pac needs to take the test to clear his name, please pac take the test or as a boxing fan i'll disregard all fights after JMM.