General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Photography peeps, I need your help

Search this Thread

Old 17-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Photography peeps, I need your help

Just bought a new camera, as I want to be able to take some good pics of my new baby boy, its not a full SLR as I didnt want to over complicate things to start with, so I have bought a 'Bridge Camera' (panasonic Lumix FZ38) which still has all the options of the SLR but without inter changable lenses.

So the question is, where is the best place to read up on all this stuff about what all the options do and what results they give
Old 17-12-2009, 05:28 PM
pacwest
Puller of the Wrench

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, read the manual it came with. Inside and out. Just learn how to modify the settings.

Then hit the local library for a simple photography book. Then start to put together what settings have what effect on the image. Forget software right now, learn how the light works and the camera works.

Master the equipment and what the light does. Then the software will be dead easy as you will have to do less.

Although Canon focused, http://www.photogrpahy-on-the.net/forum is the best place to learn techniques and what to do with your subjects etc.

Have a look at my site below in my sig - I'm completely self taught and used to be a pro shooter. The market is very, very soft right now and I wish I was doing more...back to a day job for now.
Old 17-12-2009, 05:32 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

read greg's tutorials in the photography section on here, they are superbly written and easy to follow with examples
Old 17-12-2009, 10:31 PM
slim20012
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pacwest
Honestly, read the manual it came with. Inside and out. Just learn how to modify the settings.

Then hit the local library for a simple photography book. Then start to put together what settings have what effect on the image. Forget software right now, learn how the light works and the camera works.

Master the equipment and what the light does. Then the software will be dead easy as you will have to do less.

Although Canon focused, http://www.photogrpahy-on-the.net/forum is the best place to learn techniques and what to do with your subjects etc.

Have a look at my site below in my sig - I'm completely self taught and used to be a pro shooter. The market is very, very soft right now and I wish I was doing more...back to a day job for now.
this is the best advice well i think it is and what im currently doing learning the basics same as you with a non slr but with the options to change settings and it should all carry over when im ready to step up to the big boys toys
Old 17-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

cheers guys i will take a look