General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

PMSL - Online X Factor Protest.....

Search this Thread

Old 15-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ONLY buy the track from 7Digital / iTunes / Play.com
Old 15-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It made me laugh earlier on Radio 1, Mills was pulling the piss out of those that are following this Gaybook thing to get RATM to number 1 and people were texting in calling him an X-Factor Puppet.

What is more Puppet-like than following an arranged online protest to buy a single in order to stop X-Factor??

Also, RATM has probably passed its peak now in terms of what it will sell, Joe's single comes out tomorrow, watch it ROMP away and I hope it does. OK, so X-Factor is not an entirely natural way of reaching stardom for a musician, but the lad has talent. Not everyones taste, but what chart music appeals to these people that always claim to like only the hardcore music genres? Pretentious Puppets IMO.
Old 15-12-2009, 04:21 PM
longdog
PassionFord Post Troll

Just phoned Amazon and the daft bint did'nt know if it counted or not.
Old 15-12-2009, 04:22 PM
CraigoScott
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

i have bought from play.com,

tomorrow on a nother computer and account i will buy from itunes

and then the day after from another computer and another account, i will buy from 7 digital
Old 15-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy
What is more Puppet-like than following an arranged online protest to buy a single in order to stop X-Factor??
Buying a record company fabricated single by some distinctly average musician because you saw him on a TV programme.
Old 15-12-2009, 04:29 PM
m4tt274
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i bet RATM are chuffed.
Old 15-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Originally Posted by Chip
Buying a record company fabricated single by some distinctly average musician because you saw him on a TV programme.
I think its arguable which is more puppet-like. I can't understand why the vendetta against X-Factor, I really do believe that each of the contestants on Saturday night out-performed their 'celebrity' pairings. Robbie Williams is laughably shit and George Michael was crap too. If we were having this discussion 10/15/20 years ago we would have been saying how those people are not proper music either, however today they are considered legends.

As for Rage Against The Machine, it was obviously chosen because of its extremism and the fact that it is about the most outlandish suggestion that could have been made. That is in itself admitting that it's not intended to be mainstream, so what does it prove taking special measures to get it to the top of the mainstream charts? Big woop. It won't work anyway, mark my words.

Then everyone that wasted their money will have done just that.
Old 15-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Hear hear!

I shall be buying RATM's track even though I already have it. Don't care if RATM are also with Sony and they end up being the only winners. If it keeps X-Factor shit off the top spot I can swallow a couple of quid to do my bit. Commercial manufactured fucking shite
Old 15-12-2009, 04:31 PM
paul thornton
BMW RS DIESELWORTH

Needs to be done this. Sick to death of x factor stealing christmas no.1 every year with a 1 hit wonder artist. Total money making scam.
Old 15-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

In any case, if each of the people had donated a quid to charity instead of buying this RATM single, at least the money would have gone to a good cause, like Cancer Research.

Far more productive.
Old 15-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Chip

In any case, if each of the people had donated a quid to charity instead of buying this RATM single, at least the money would have gone to a good cause, like Cancer Research.

Far more productive.
FPMSL @ the irony of that coming from someone supporting a show where people phone up and throw money down the toilet to "vote", THAT should have gone to charity if anything should have surely?

Rage have already said they will give all their royalty payments to charity and the campaign has also generated upwards of 30K for shelter at a time of year where being homeless is especially hard.
Old 15-12-2009, 04:45 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll be buying it, fucking hate the x-factor weeners
Old 15-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

It made me laugh earlier on Radio 1, Mills was pulling the piss out of those that are following this Gaybook thing to get RATM to number 1 and people were texting in calling him an X-Factor Puppet.

Also, RATM has probably passed its peak now in terms of what it will sell, Joe's single comes out tomorrow, watch it ROMP away and I hope it does. OK, so X-Factor is not an entirely natural way of reaching stardom for a musician, but the lad has talent. Not everyones taste, but what chart music appeals to these people that always claim to like only the hardcore music genres? Pretentious Puppets IMO.
How the fuck can you call that X-Factor cuntbag a Musician? He's not. He doesn't play a instrument and if he does he can't play it to a point of being called a musician cos ANYONE can learn to strum a few chords and put words to it.

He hasn't got talent Christian. He's just some guy who can sing (and not very well) and wait till they put autotune on his voice to make the cunt sound pitch perfect. Chart music is killing off REAL MUSICIANS. Real instrument players are losing out because of fuckers like Simon manufacturing SHIT.

Last edited by Pardeep; 15-12-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 15-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

FPMSL @ the irony of that coming from someone supporting a show where people phone up and throw money down the toilet to "vote", THAT should have gone to charity if anything should have surely?

Rage have already said they will give all their royalty payments to charity and the campaign has also generated upwards of 30K for shelter at a time of year where being homeless is especially hard.
Whats so bad about that? People cast a vote for who THEY think is best. It's fair surely? They reckon 10 million people voted last weekend, didn't they? Even if only 1% of those bought Joe's single, thats still 100,000 copies!!

I never said I thought that X-Factor was the ultimate in musical talent, but I do think its pretty unfair to say that no talent ever comes out of it. Take Leona, she is fucking superb and would have been a superb artist whatever the route to her success would have been. Just because she isn't singing the kind of music you like, does it make it wrong?
Old 15-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Chip

As for Rage Against The Machine, it was obviously chosen because.....
Its a good example of a decent band with their own personal agenda they wish to promite, ie their own true beliefs on politics.

Example of one of them (the guitarist Tom Morello) speaking:
America touts itself as the land of the free, but the number one freedom that you and I have is the freedom to enter into a subservient role in the workplace. Once you exercise this freedom you've lost all control over what you do, what is produced, and how it is produced. And in the end, the product doesn't belong to you. The only way you can avoid bosses and jobs is if you don't care about making a living. Which leads to the second freedom: the freedom to starve.

Ie they are absolutely everything that NO X factor contestant ever will be, they are free thinking, driven by more than just "I want to be famous", because they are driven by political ideals, and they created their own sound, not just got handed one by a record company.

Im amazed you missed the significance of the band chosen!

Last edited by Chip; 15-12-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 15-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Why is the chart suddenly the benchmark anyway? I am fairly sure that Metallica and bands like that never lost any sleep from not doing too well in the charts. It's just not their thing. It's like getting a BTCC and racing in F1 with it. It just wouldn't do very well, despite it being good at what it was intended for. It just so happens that the MAJORITY of the public don't want to see RATM at number 1 this Christmas.

Deal with it.
Old 15-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Its a good example of a decent band with their own personal agenda they wish to promite, ie their own true beliefs on politics.

Example of one of them (the guitarist Tom Morello) speaking:
America touts itself as the land of the free, but the number one freedom that you and I have is the freedom to enter into a subservient role in the workplace. Once you exercise this freedom you've lost all control over what you do, what is produced, and how it is produced. And in the end, the product doesn't belong to you. The only way you can avoid bosses and jobs is if you don't care about making a living. Which leads to the second freedom: the freedom to starve.

Ie they are absolutely everything that NO X factor contestant ever will be, they are free thinking, driven by more than just "I want to be famous", because they are driven by political ideals, and they created their own sound, not just got handed one by a record company.

Im amazed you missed the significance of the band chosen!
NAIL ON THE FUCKING HEAD, CHIP!!!
Old 15-12-2009, 04:53 PM
G950KDT
Advanced PassionFord User

another thread summed up perfectly by the brains at chip.com... at last someone else see's the reality of why that song and why it was RATM and not the likes of Pantera/Metallica (when they did good songs in the 80's late 90's) etc...!
Old 15-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Why is the chart suddenly the benchmark anyway? I am fairly sure that Metallica and bands like that never lost any sleep from not doing too well in the charts. It's just not their thing. It's like getting a BTCC and racing in F1 with it. It just wouldn't do very well, despite it being good at what it was intended for. It just so happens that the MAJORITY of the public don't want to see RATM at number 1 this Christmas.

Deal with it.
They don't but Metallica don't have to worry about never being Number 1 because the band is big enough to sell a new Single/Album no matter how bad it is. That's called TRUE FANS. Not some twat who will disappear in 3 months.
RobL

ive brought a few copies,i aint even a fan of ratm tbh but its for a good cause
G950KDT

Deal with it.
i think most of the public until this plan was hatched by some mastermind at Sony probably never even knew RATM existed tbh!
Old 15-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Chip

Deal with it.
Some people would like Joe to be number 1
Some people wouldnt

Its YOU complaining about those people who dont want him to be number 1 getting together and trying to show people there IS a decent alternative.

I doubt many people buying the single by RATM doesnt like it, those who do certainly wont dislike it as much as they dislike the x factor, lol, personally its been one of my favourite songs for a decade and a half now, and one I never bought legally the first time around as I was a poor student at the time and records back then were expensive, so getting the opportunity to buy it now in a way that will be noticed and bring what I believe to be one of the worlds best ever bands back into the limelight is a good thing.

If you like, as you seem so supportive of X factor voting, think of this as an x factor vote, but this one is a PROTEST vote

Last edited by Chip; 15-12-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 15-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Originally Posted by Pardeep
They don't but Metallica don't have to worry about never being Number 1 because the band is big enough to sell a new Single/Album no matter how bad it is. That's called TRUE FANS. Not some twat who will disappear in 3 months.
So thats what being a fan is all about? Buying a bands music even if its bad?

Now THAT is ridiculous. I don't buy alot of music, but if I do, it's what I LIKE.

I used to like G 'N' R (saw the twice at Wembley - UYI tour in the early 90's), Faith no More etc etc, but not any more. Don't mind that kind of stuff, but not enough to want to buy it. My music collection contains allsorts and like many, its music that I like, not music that I bought because I felt that the band needed to put a meal on their table.
Old 15-12-2009, 04:58 PM
RobL

Deal with it.
i disagree,i reckon its got more to do with the majority of records in the charts being brought by or for 12 year olds or less,anyone with a bit of sense downloads illegaly.i love listening to radio 1 but im sick of listening to the shite music they have to keep playing
Old 15-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Chip

LOL @ that!

Id never buy any music I didnt like, which includes the X factor funnily enough, lol
Old 15-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Deal with it.

I don't think RATM give a flying fuck either. I can't be botheerd to write a load of stuff so I'll just say "refer to Chips post" as I think that sums it up a treat. It's not about putting RATM to number 1 it's about keeping commercial manufactured cash cow drivel off the top spot.
Old 15-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

LOL @ that!

Id never buy any music I didnt like, which includes the X factor funnily enough, lol
Sounds like Pardeep would though.
Chip

Originally Posted by RobL
i disagree,i reckon its got more to do with the majority of records in the charts being brought by or for 12 year olds or less,anyone with a bit of sense downloads illegaly.i love listening to radio 1 but im sick of listening to the shite music they have to keep playing
The charts these days definately represent a smaller cross section of the public than they used to.

Cant say I personally care much TBH, never really been one for wnating to listen to the latest number one etc, I just listen to what I like and dont care if others like it or not really.
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Now THAT is ridiculous. I don't buy alot of music, but if I do, it's what I LIKE.

I used to like G 'N' R (saw the twice at Wembley - UYI tour in the early 90's), Faith no More etc etc, but not any more. Don't mind that kind of stuff, but not enough to want to buy it. My music collection contains allsorts and like many, its music that I like, not music that I bought because I felt that the band needed to put a meal on their table.
Name a me a Artist who hasn't made a single bad album/single? Its still bought by the people who loved the band. St.Anger wasn't a great Metallica album but it was still bought by fans. Metallica's Music changed peoples lives and still does.
Old 15-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

For once I agree with Chip, Pardeep and co. You are wrong, Christian.

Benni.
Old 15-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Love x factor!

Love joe...

I even like the Hanna montana cover he has done!!!!

Love Simon cowell and all he stands for!

only one thing is bothering me though....

todays headline in the Sun. Joe 'I'm straight'

ok...

but Joe

1. you are 18, good looking and you HAVEN'T slept with a girl
2. you DON'T fancy Cheryl cole.
3. you didnt feel any spark when you met Jordan

Joe, lets be honest mate. You love the cock don't you!!!!

Last edited by Porkie; 15-12-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 15-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Porkie
Love x factor!

Love joe...

ok...

but Joe

Joe, lets me honest mate. You love the cock don't you!!!!

Old 15-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

He'll do a Will Young and admit he's bent a bit later on.

Benni.
Old 15-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Benni
He'll do Will Young
Probably!
Old 15-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

PMSL at Chip!
Old 15-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Probably!

On a random note, Will Young's jaw irritates me.

Benni.
Old 15-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

does it irritate your balls when he is noshing you off?
Old 15-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Benni
On a random note, Will Young's jaw irritates me.

Benni.
Well if you had a cock longer than 2 inches his jaw wouldnt be rubbing on your pelvis in the first place when he gave you head.
Chip

Beaten to it by Porkie must be losing my sharp wit in my old age!
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by Porkie
Love x factor!

Love joe...

ok...

but Joe

Joe, lets be honest mate. You love the cock don't you!!!!
Are you going to the next PF meet (whenever it is)? If so, i shall be attending souly to hurt you PMSL

Quick Reply: PMSL - Online X Factor Protest.....