General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

passion ford

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil@FastFord
I understand that.

All i said was that IMO 188mph is fast in a Saph, and that i bet most people wouldn't care if it took a few seconds longer to get there....

Unless an opinon poll proves me wrong, i stand by that.

I think most would be thrilled to have a car capable of those speeds on a small runway. That's all.
Its fast to me too mate, certainly quicker than any of my motors will do, so thats my point of reference, just like Rod's car is his
Old 02-12-2009, 11:43 AM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timrud
You could of put some make up on John before posting a picture of yourself
I look good in pink ah bernard.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by john
I look good in pink ah bernard.
LMAO, that brings back memories

Give it some bernard
Old 02-12-2009, 11:57 AM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Chip
LMAO, that brings back memories

Give it some bernard
Talking of memories me and Tim once got this spannish guy who spoke no english to say give it some barry, we were just saying it to each other and after an hour he blurted it out.

Random and nothing to do with this post at all.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:59 AM
B13 JUS
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MadRod
Can i be rather silly in GD & start quoting facts, Data logs actually I got them from mags etc. Sadly I collect them .
You quote Euans car so my answer is about his chosen discipline Topspeed & how it compares to big budget cars.
His 188 mph was reached in 37 seconds compare that with Daves who reached 190 in 27 secs or indeed Andrews 196 reached in 26secs. Martin has hit 200 in 35secs & mine in 25.
Euans was a great effort on his budget & a consistent performer who i had great respect for because he put it on the line, but not fast in real terms or even close sorry but you must use facts not guess work.

You can see where the money goes getting from 188 in 37 to 200 in 25.
I trust only facts will be used in your answer. .

can someone explain to me why,
martins car did 200 mph in 35 secs
rods car did 201.8 it in 25 sec's

did they brake at different times?
Old 02-12-2009, 12:02 PM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

I must have that video somewhere John... I will try and find it!!!!

Give it some Barry!!!!

hahahaahahahaah
Old 02-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by B13 JUS
can someone explain to me why,
martins car did 200 mph in 35 secs
rods car did 201.8 it in 25 sec's

did they brake at different times?
The main reason for the difference is that rod's car is a lot faster than martin's car as it had more power.

Rod's did 206.1mph so much quicker than martin's did 200.1 mph, that if you were stood at the end of the runway watching them, Rod would reach you when martin was only a little over halfway down the runway still.

MASSIVE difference between the 2 cars, and looking at a difference of "only" 6mph, really doesnt get across just how much so!
Old 02-12-2009, 12:35 PM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by timrud
I must have that video somewhere John... I will try and find it!!!!

Give it some Barry!!!!

hahahaahahahaah
Please do pal so funny.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:49 PM
tomoyb
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

wasent euans 188mph in the wet and of course rwd

so is it not safe to assume if he could of got traction before 3rd gear he would of reached speeds alot faster?

when comparing reyland and yums 4x4 times
Old 02-12-2009, 04:51 PM
MarK4
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also thought he went real slow through the gears, would have thought that would have made some difference. Think there's a video somewhere of his runs.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by tomoyb

so is it not safe to assume if he could of got traction before 3rd gear he would of reached speeds alot faster?

Traction in the lower gears makes very little difference to top speed.

Rod's cars best speed ever officially recorded was 206.1 and in the pissing wet on 5th gear it did 206.0

If euan had been a massive 2 seconds quicker to 60mph, its unlikely to result in even 1mph extra on the top speed as you are only gaining a few dozen feet realistically!

In fact, so much so that if Dave fitted a RWD box to YUM, the lost traction would be more than cancelled out by the lower transmission losses, so of the two cars I suspect it was Euans that had the advantage if anything mate!
Old 02-12-2009, 05:08 PM
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

i dont think its like a 10sec car to a 15 sec car on the 1/4 mile more like a mid 11sec to a 10sec dead just my opinion tho.plus the 1/4 mile is very much traction related top speed is just power .
Old 02-12-2009, 05:15 PM
3i_gaz
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by MadRod
Can i be rather silly in GD & start quoting facts, Data logs actually I got them from mags etc. Sadly I collect them .
You quote Euans car so my answer is about his chosen discipline Topspeed & how it compares to big budget cars.
His 188 mph was reached in 37 seconds compare that with Daves who reached 190 in 27 secs or indeed Andrews 196 reached in 26secs. Martin has hit 200 in 35secs & mine in 25.
Euans was a great effort on his budget & a consistent performer who i had great respect for because he put it on the line, but not fast in real terms or even close sorry but you must use facts not guess work.

You can see where the money goes getting from 188 in 37 to 200 in 25.
I trust only facts will be used in your answer. .
not fast? 188mph

you need to get off your soap box and appreciate the effort other people put into their cars!

euan's car done top speed runs, track days, thrashes etc.... fantastic alrounder and still 188mph, i think thats a hell of an achievement on a budget.

but as per usual you and chip will compare every other tuner under the sun to cars fitted with MAD motors

nowhere did euan quote that he was going to crack 200 mph, go faster than rod's car, do it in a certain time. so why compare? to big up your own car that hasn't turned a wheel in how long?

what you lack in height you dont make up for in common sense or decency.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Originally Posted by P_is_for_Paul
Wonder who invented the phone that carrys your Internet connection for you to type that?
Shut up you Scottish tart!
Old 02-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Moving to the muppet or dummy room is the most that thread needed, there was no need at all to delete it, this place is getting ridiculous moderation wise TBH it was all good natured fun and banter!
I remember when I joined here, and it seemed you had to hold someone's wife captured and demand a thread to be locked in order for it to happen. I seen things posted, and it made me think 'Woah!' and nothing was ever done. Part of the reason I liked this place so much was it's free for all attitude.

Benni.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:09 PM
hamerish
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by P_is_for_Paul
Wonder who invented the phone that carrys your Internet connection for you to type that?
Elisha Gray, but he was american so i dont understand how that comes into this
Old 02-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wasn't the 188 run the one euan did with fucked head gasket and fucked the bottom end?

Potentially it might've been quicker?

I was in that car and fuck it was quick. Quicker than Mike's old saff!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:26 PM
P_is_for_Paul
Coldo loves seamen

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hamerish
Elisha Gray, but he was american so i dont understand how that comes into this
Elisha Gray (August 2, 1835 – January 21, 1901) was an American electrical engineer who co-founded the Western Electric Manufacturing Company. Gray is best known for his development of a telephone prototype in 1876 in Highland Park, Illinois and is considered by many[who?] to be the true inventor of the variable resistance telephone. Despite losing out to Alexander Graham Bell for the telephone, Gray was awarded over 70 patents for his inventions.[1]

I thank you
Old 02-12-2009, 09:33 PM
J1mbo
B1mbo

Originally Posted by Lambchop
Wasn't the 188 run the one euan did with fucked head gasket and fucked the bottom end?

Potentially it might've been quicker?

I was in that car and fuck it was quick. Quicker than Mike's old saff!
id hope it was with 50+ more hp and 10 ? years of development to the yb !
Old 02-12-2009, 09:55 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by tomoyb

Im glad someone picked upon that LOL

anyone that was there that day will remember the problems I had trying to get round the corner at the bottom of brunters and get any kinda traction until 4TH gear!

PF DAve has videos but I have never seen them

Dave and Andy just came round the corner and fucked off downt the runway getting FULL traction straight out he corner giving them a much greater distance to do their run.

In the start of this thread chip says my car is fairly quick yet in another thread talking about YUM he says a car that hasd 500 ATW is amazing quick!

Chip mine had 505 ATW LOL

anyway hope all you guys are having fun arguing about the same stuff folk argued about when I first joned PF over 5 years ago.

you will all realise, as I have that there is much more to life than spending telephone numbers on old fords!

Last edited by rapidcossie; 02-12-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:58 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

CHOP, head gasket went on first run! LOL

in true scottish commited stlye I did two further runs getting quicker and quicker each time!

That engine did 188.1 with a craked block and fucked head gasket!
Old 02-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Dan F

Euan I remember seeing a vid on Youtube of your run but cant seem to find it at the minute

Was a very impressive car
Old 02-12-2009, 11:03 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

AndyG and Charlie Shaw do very well on track, they really do prove that the english can build a good YB
Only thing I could add to that is why does it take a Scot to make the English engine work

Wonder what Rods engine would do if it ended up here, we'd never hear the end of it I'm sure
Old 02-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by rapidcossie
In the start of this thread chip says my car is fairly quick yet in another thread talking about YUM he says a car that hasd 500 ATW is amazing quick!

Chip mine had 505 ATW LOL
Thats only dave's low boost figure mate

But anyway, like I said, even at that its a quick car, and im sure yours was too, just not in the same league as Daves on high boost or Rods

anyway hope all you guys are having fun arguing about the same stuff folk argued about when I first joned PF over 5 years ago.

you will all realise, as I have that there is much more to life than spending telephone numbers on old fords!

I realise this, thats why my own YB stays at stage 3 and a bit plus a shot of gas, and i invest all my money in an old vauxhall nova instead, far more sensible
Old 02-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by EIL132
Only thing I could add to that is why does it take a Scot to make the English engine work
It doesnt, the engine worked fine before it left england, it made 800bhp on a dyno in england.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Dan F

The main reason for the difference is that rod's car is a lot faster than martin's car as it had more power.

Rod's did 206.1mph so much quicker than martin's did 200.1 mph, that if you were stood at the end of the runway watching them, Rod would reach you when martin was only a little over halfway down the runway still.

MASSIVE difference between the 2 cars, and looking at a difference of "only" 6mph, really doesnt get across just how much so!
The addition of nitrous on Rods car must make a difference as Martins top speed was achieved without nitrous

Out of interest what was the fastest speed Rods car achieved without nitrous?
Old 02-12-2009, 11:59 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Dan F
The addition of nitrous on Rods car must make a difference as Martins top speed was achieved without nitrous

Out of interest what was the fastest speed Rods car achieved without nitrous?
Yes without a doubt the engine being built to run with nitrous too certainly accounts for some of the difference, although the new engine makes about the same power off gas as the old one did on gas and will then be running gas on top of that to be even faster again.

I know Rod has done ever 200mph off gas, but its never been officially recorded, so I have no specific speed to quote, it was only just over 200 though, literally by 1 or 2 mph, so barely any quicker than martins, and as it was officially timed, Rod has never "claimed" it I dont think, so not much point getting into a discussion about it, im only mentioning it cause you asked.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:05 AM
scott_j166
Part of the Furniture

It doesnt, the engine worked fine before it left england, it made 800bhp on a dyno in england.
it made more than 800bhp but then again if it was a MAD engine it would have done more
Old 03-12-2009, 12:20 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by scott_j166
it made more than 800bhp but then again if it was a MAD engine it would have done more
800bhp is a great result whoever the tuner, im only aware of one MAD YB engine to make more power than that, so most of them certainly dont do so.

SCS and MAD both clearly know how to make YB's work well at this level, 2 good examples of english brilliance IMHO

Last edited by Chip; 03-12-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:26 AM
RobL

Originally Posted by EIL132
because only a scot is daft enough to throw tht much cash at a ford focus?
Old 03-12-2009, 12:40 AM
scott_j166
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by RobL
because only a scot is daft enough to throw tht much cash at a ford focus?
money well spent IMHO as what else for the money will keep up with it or beat it?
Old 03-12-2009, 12:45 AM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by biglee
now now guys we all live on the same lump of earth!!
Yes, agreed & probably the only intelligent thing that will be posted on this thread.

We are heading towards being 'world people'. Nationality is such a narrow minded concept for people who really belong in the stone age (a few of whom are on this thread)

Cheers,
RW
Old 03-12-2009, 01:15 AM
RobL

money well spent IMHO as what else for the money will keep up with it or beat it?
it was a tongue in cheek statement tbh,im just lowering myself to the level shown by some of the skirt wearing fellas
its quite funny how theyve taken mr gallagher on as some national hero and come on here to gloat about it, like anyone gives a fuck
we all love the ag focus and love seeing andy thrash it round regardless of which side of the border its from
Old 03-12-2009, 02:02 AM
scott_j166
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by RobL
it was a tongue in cheek statement tbh,im just lowering myself to the level shown by some of the skirt wearing fellas
its quite funny how theyve taken mr gallagher on as some national hero and come on here to gloat about it, like anyone gives a fuck
we all love the ag focus and love seeing andy thrash it round regardless of which side of the border its from
it was chip that went on about the scottish this the scottish that so obvs we will reply as is this site only for the english? and gloat that was chip and that were gloating about YUM this YUM that when really is hasnt done fuck all since this new super dooper engine has been put in

before anybody says it they had their reason for breaking it,a know that and tbh no matter who it is if they say they are going to do this or that then dont theres always going to be threads ending up the way they do!

Last edited by scott_j166; 03-12-2009 at 02:05 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:40 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

CHOP, head gasket went on first run! LOL

in true scottish commited stlye I did two further runs getting quicker and quicker each time!

That engine did 188.1 with a craked block and fucked head gasket!

Thought so

Hope you're well mate

I hear your 205 is maybe turbo?!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

What a fooking ridiculous argument!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Chip

it was chip that went on about the scottish this the scottish that
If you look, it was the original thread starter who was doing that, I just replied taking the piss, Im not actually "anti scottish" as thats where my family originate from anyway if you go back a couple of generations.

Bottom line is that Dave's engine is a fucking hell of a piece of kit and all the numptys from north of the border slagging it off havent a clue what they are talking about, if any of them had been out in the car then they would realise it does everything you would expect an engine like that to do, and they are all just chatting utter shit.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Tight fisted McJocks, That tight they must have had Jewish in em
Old 03-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Its Dave

it was chip that went on about the scottish this the scottish that so obvs we will reply as is this site only for the english? and gloat that was chip and that were gloating about YUM this YUM that when really is hasnt done fuck all since this new super dooper engine has been put in

before anybody says it they had their reason for breaking it,a know that and tbh no matter who it is if they say they are going to do this or that then dont theres always going to be threads ending up the way they do!

The engine of the new one is the same as the old one with just 2 additions

Soild lifters and GT40 turbo so really would say new superdooper, and this one was as powerfully on 1.8 bar compared to the old one at 2.6bar

Cheers

Quick Reply: passion ford