General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

looks like my original exhaust was a bit pants

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 02:04 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts
Default looks like my original exhaust was a bit pants

according to the gauges, the original exhaust fitted meant that i was sitting at around 40% load in neutral and around 65% load when it was in gear and stationary
with driving loads being between 70 and 90%

with the new exhaust fitted and having looked at the meter over several days, normal idle is still giving me a reading of 40% load, but when i drop it into gear and am stationary, the load only goes up to 50%, and i can drive along with the meter showing readings of between 60 and 75%

and the basic fuel useage has been reduced by around 4% on a run and, around town, the trip computer states that my trip which normally gives me around a 17-19 mpg return is now giving me 22+ mpg (school run, with the engine cold and this morning, screens on front and rear and engine left on when dropping the kids off)

ok, so the question is this, who else has got an auto 2.0 mondeo that is local who i can test the reading out on? because surely and exhaust can't make that much difference unless it was fucked in the first place?