General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

mother-in-law just reversed into my cossie!

Search this Thread

Old 23-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 2wdsaff
ha i wish, she's away down south on a 3 week course!
Get her back and have her make a 3 course meal of your meat n 2 veg with her gob.
Old 23-11-2009, 07:13 PM
nealo
Focus WRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big G
Get her back and have her make a 3 course meal of your meat n 2 veg with her gob.
yeah and then bend her over and abuse her with foreign objects up her asshole!
Old 23-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Farmer Giles
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I thought if your claiming as a third party on someone elses insurance they were obliged to put it right, what ever the cost. If it means her premiums go up then so be it, it'll remind her to look next time. If you'd hit a post and claimed of your own insurance then yes, it would be a possible right off and the 40% of value rule comes in.

If it's her fault why your should you risk having your car taken away ??

sound's like this might not be the case but that was my understanding.

Hope you get it sorted either way....
Old 23-11-2009, 07:15 PM
2wdsaff
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

cheers neal, totally gutted about this, doesnt even look bad!
Old 23-11-2009, 07:21 PM
neil andeRSon
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

get it to a proper body shop an it'll never be written off. you know any good local places??LOL
Old 23-11-2009, 08:06 PM
2wdsaff

yup and its you im coming to visit tomorrow neil my lad!!!!
Old 23-11-2009, 08:13 PM
xrsi
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by nealo
What people have said about 40% value of the car is correct.

If the parts and labour charges come to more than 40% of the BOOK price, not pistonheads price.. TRADE PRICE which will be fuck all these days, they will write the car off!

They done the exact same thing with my mates R32 GTR skyline - he paid 7k for it and he crashed it and damaged the bonnet,wings,headlights,an alloy and various other little bits on the front and the insurance company written it off due to the fact that on their trade price system the car was worth nowhere near 7 grand.

He tried his absolute best and got all kinds of adverts from pistonheads and auto trader saved and emailed them to show thats how much it would cost for a replacement car, he never got the value of his car but i think they eventually paid out more than it was worth on trade.

Good luck mate is all i can say!
obviously he didnt try hard enough to get a decent payout!

mum wrote her 306 of 2 years ago now and was paid near what her identical replacement from a main dealer cost her which was over book price! all it takes is to be poliet but very very firm and also have enought brass balls to challange them 9 times out of 10. Best was that they sent the payment out 1500 less than final payment before we agreed it so we sent it back and told them they were not to touch the car from where it was being stored as it would be considered thieft if they touched it without our permission or payment in full for the car - they soon payed up!!!! lol
Old 23-11-2009, 08:25 PM
neil andeRSon
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2wdsaff
yup and its you im coming to visit tomorrow neil my lad!!!!
we'll get the old girl patched up an lookin tip top in no time!!
Old 23-11-2009, 08:40 PM
2wdsaff

i hope so i really do!
Old 23-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by cossie690
we'll get the old girl patched up an lookin tip top in no time!!
Enough about the mother in law, what you gonna do with the car?
Old 23-11-2009, 10:33 PM
nealo
Focus WRC

I honestly hope you get it sorted matey!
Old 23-11-2009, 10:34 PM
2wdsaff

Originally Posted by Big G
Enough about the mother in law, what you gonna do with the car?
FPMSL
Old 23-11-2009, 10:36 PM
nugnah
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

is your car flint, if so mate, the spares i have are all from a flint grey aswell

jason
Old 23-11-2009, 10:36 PM
2wdsaff

Originally Posted by nealo
I honestly hope you get it sorted matey!

cheers lad me 2, ill update tom night after i've been along cossie690 as he's my top painter/bodywork guy
Old 24-11-2009, 04:02 PM
2wdsaff

been along the bodyshop, guys confident it wont be a write off........ heres hoping!!!!!
Old 24-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i had a bit of a bump in my cossie, last year, as not all of the parts where available new, the insurance company gave me a payment in lieu, which ment I got a check through the post and was then able to source all the parts either new, or second hand and have them fitted and painted at a bodyshop of my choice.

sure you will get it sorted fella, dont worry
Old 24-11-2009, 06:45 PM
2wdsaff

ah right, now that would be ideal indeed, thats reasuring, cheers
Old 25-11-2009, 02:50 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

mmmm plus your premium is now going to go up on renewal as you have had an accident

dont you just love insurance?? only an insurance company could come up with the hypothesis that if you are crashed into in a non fault accident that your premium should go up!! in effect they are saying theres no such thing as a 100 non fault claim and in effect laying some blame on you regardless of the situation
Old 25-11-2009, 05:27 AM
stuboy
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

get her on the street corner to earn the excess
Old 25-11-2009, 05:50 AM
MARCOSWORTH
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Good news
Old 25-11-2009, 05:53 AM
GazzaG
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'd be well pissed of mate, good luck in fixing it
Old 25-11-2009, 07:18 AM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

After me mum ploughed into my cossie and ruined one side years ago i had an old ish guy assesor come round and inspect it... And he's word were (and i quote) 'It's only an old sierra.. We'll write it off and value it at £1500..'

I prompty told him to

'Get bent'

and

'Get the fuck off my driveway'

After him going i rang the insurance company proper livid asking for someonw who knew what they were looking at not a old senile twat.. 2 days later a lad who was about 25 came and luckily he knew what he was looking at and i got it prompty fixed through insurance (£3650 bill)
Old 25-11-2009, 07:35 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Originally Posted by stuboy
get her on the street corner to earn the excess
Ha ha ha ha
Old 25-11-2009, 07:55 AM
jammerrs
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

get a landrover or something and reverse into her car, see he she likes it the daft twat.

how can you not see a car behind you!?!
Old 25-11-2009, 08:59 AM
nick-21
feet found, i have 2

Originally Posted by jammerrs
get a landrover or something and reverse into her car, see he she likes it the daft twat.

how can you not see a car behind you!?!
It's behind you Tyrone. Whenever you reverse, things come from behind you.

Originally Posted by xrsi
obviously he didnt try hard enough to get a decent payout!

mum wrote her 306 of 2 years ago now and was paid near what her identical replacement from a main dealer cost her which was over book price! all it takes is to be poliet but very very firm and also have enought brass balls to challange them 9 times out of 10. Best was that they sent the payment out 1500 less than final payment before we agreed it so we sent it back and told them they were not to touch the car from where it was being stored as it would be considered thieft if they touched it without our permission or payment in full for the car - they soon payed up!!!! lol
It depends on what your policy documents say. My 51 plate classic impreza sport got stolen and they didnt have a book price for it as according to the book they were never made. Eventually they told me they had written to Glass's for a price. They then came back and offered me £1500, they were swiftly told to get lost and that it didnt matter what the book price was as my policy documents state that in the event of a write off (when a car is stolen they class it as a write off) that the value of the car will be based on a replacement vehicle of the same standard in your area. The cheapest replacement i could get was £2800, they then rang me and offered £2600, i said sorry i dont think you read my email properly it says £2800 not £2600, i got £2800.

The best thing you can do is read your poilicy documents then you are in a stronger position as insurance company's are only hoping that you dont know what your entitled to!
Old 25-11-2009, 09:21 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

The cash in lieu offer is worth considering, but it's based on the trade value of the car and they deduct the salvage value, plus a set percentage, plus your excess. So the actual figure you get is a fair bit less than the write off cost.

If you go down this route you obviously don't have to deal with the write off issues (re MoTing, VIC check, the stigma!) but you'll have less in your pocket to fix it with.
Old 25-11-2009, 09:31 AM
orion88
PassionFord Post Whore!!

there wont be an xs if she has fully asdmitted liabilty for the incident
the company i work for go off 50% of the value before writing it off although on a cossie been a bit older they will know rthe parts arent on the shelf
go to a body shop get an estimate and submit it saying that it is there job to put u in the position u were in before the incident
end of u get the money they get to pay for ya
Old 25-11-2009, 10:00 AM
2wdsaff

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
mmmm plus your premium is now going to go up on renewal as you have had an accident

dont you just love insurance?? only an insurance company could come up with the hypothesis that if you are crashed into in a non fault accident that your premium should go up!! in effect they are saying theres no such thing as a 100 non fault claim and in effect laying some blame on you regardless of the situation
even though i was nowhere near the car at the time?
feckin insurance companys screw yo left right and centre from every bloody angle!!!!

im gunna go hire a earthmover to go fkn squash her car!!
Old 25-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

They'll write it off. Saffs only book about £1000-£1500.
Old 25-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ollie.
They'll write it off. Saffs only book about £1000-£1500.

what a load of crap! mine needed a new bumper (bought second hand) front wing, indecator, fog light, splitter, the bit of trim under the lights all bought new, a wheel refurb, explained to the insurance company that i couldnt buy all the parts new, but didnt want it written off, they sent an assesor out and a couple of weeks later I got a cheque for £1600 (£1900, less excess)
Old 25-11-2009, 10:47 AM
p17fld
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Rick Astley
Is she a MILF? If so, you may be quids in!

Pics needed, so we can decide.
Old 25-11-2009, 10:52 AM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Twellsie
what a load of crap! mine needed a new bumper (bought second hand) front wing, indecator, fog light, splitter, the bit of trim under the lights all bought new, a wheel refurb, explained to the insurance company that i couldnt buy all the parts new, but didnt want it written off, they sent an assesor out and a couple of weeks later I got a cheque for £1600 (£1900, less excess)

NO not a load of crap. IF it does go fully through the insurance it will be written off.
Old 25-11-2009, 11:07 AM
bristol_fez
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

every insurance company has different repair thresholds, some are as low as 40% some will go to 100%. best thing to do is ask for a cash in lieu and have it repaired yourself.

Speak to the assessor when he comes to view it, and he will give you a rough idea of the figure that you could get.
Old 25-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ollie.
NO not a load of crap. IF it does go fully through the insurance it will be written off.

ok, thinking logically, if the Saff for example was worth £5k, do you think the insurance company would rather give you a cheque for £1.5k to get it fixed yourself, or write the car off and give you £5k?
Old 25-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

btw this is the thread from when I had my incident https://passionford.com/forum/genera...ten-off-3.html there is some good advice towards the end from Tony@greenlight
Old 25-11-2009, 02:27 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by Twellsie
ok, thinking logically, if the Saff for example was worth £5k, do you think the insurance company would rather give you a cheque for £1.5k to get it fixed yourself, or write the car off and give you £5k?
That's what you'd think but my insurers have decided they'd rather write the car off than offer cash in lieu. They ended up paying nearly double even though I openly said that I would settle for the lower figure!
Old 25-11-2009, 03:42 PM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver

Bloody Suck me off and call me FRANK.

Not breaching here like, but his INSURANCE will not go up, Ya Mofo.
Its going through her insurance, all his insurance do is compromise with the mother in laws insurance, nothing else nothing more.

They will only interveen in the deals with HER insurance, they wont be putting anything in and it wont go on his insurance, do you love being wrong.

All his insurance will do is feed information, Get on the case and deal with it.

On my 18th birthday after going to get my card from a mate, i was crawing through my astate and slowed for a speed hump, a second young driver came fly up at over 70mph and pritty much made my car into a flat pack, the car was only worth a grand but what he didnt relise was, there was a police unit van coming down the road with a team of 5, woppsie because they witnessed this, he was noticed as being stoned, smelling of weed.

I was sent to the nearest Hospital as a matter of urgency and was scanned, i broken a few bones in my chest and also i damaged my spine, was due to the inpact and seatbelt that cased the bones broken.

my insurance claimed off of him, it was going to court, they wrote my car off and then called me, they then was done for contacting me as its only my insurance because they was pleeding to win the case, then before court case i got a call from my solicitor and they was told in court i could be getting a claim back for the injorys, hell i couldnt walk for nearly 6months, i had sleeping problems and everything, could feed myself as i couldnt moved my arms due to my back, everything was wrong, i agreed with my insurance i would drop the case and got 3,800 back insited of the grand, that was 2,800 for my suffering, and then a second payment of £250 per week, for 6 weeks, to cover the loss of earnings.

Good luck on your insurance and car, lets hope everything works out
Old 25-11-2009, 04:10 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

No, Warren's right - If you have a crash, regardless of who's at fault you're meant to notify your insurance company and it's possible that they will increase your premium the following year.

Even if you're involved in a crash but sustain no damage (say you swerve out of the way) you are still required to declare it to the insurers!!! Not that anyone does.
Old 25-11-2009, 04:32 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RSTurboSI
Bloody Suck me off and call me FRANK.

Not breaching here like, but his INSURANCE will not go up, Ya Mofo.
Its going through her insurance, all his insurance do is compromise with the mother in laws insurance, nothing else nothing more.
They ask whether you've had any claims, irrespective of blame/liability.
You've been in an accident, so are a higher risk.
It sucks, but is the way it is, Frank.
Old 25-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

exactly right danw and C4llyt.

Sure it aint fair but when has insurance ever been fair???

Quick Reply: mother-in-law just reversed into my cossie!