General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

anyone got/had carpel tunnel syndrome? (wrists)

Search this Thread

Old 19-11-2009, 10:09 AM
neal666
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone got/had carpel tunnel syndrome? (wrists)

wrists are giving me some stick of late and cant seem to shake it off, waiting to go to the docs but from my uneducated internet diagnosis it looks like i may have carpal tunnel syndrome. anyone had it got any tips to stop it?

foooking nacks.
Old 19-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Jonzy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Yea I've been suffering from it for 5-6 years

Docs are rubbish, i've not gone for the operations because I've heard it doesnt last and slowly returns.

Changing my posture in work has helped slightly, jel wrist support etc.

Depends what you do really, I work in IT so its just one of those things you'll get lol
Old 19-11-2009, 10:17 AM
neal666

5-6 years ! fook me i wanted it gone in a few weeks so i could go back to the gym! lol (probably the cause of it in the first place)
Old 19-11-2009, 10:23 AM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I suffer with RSI (repetitive strain injury) It is similar to Carpel Tunnel apart from the fact that mine isn't operable! Mine came from working on the checkouts at Asda, I left there over 2 years ago and still suffer with it! It affects my fingers, hands, wrists, shoulders and neck!

I didn't think it was anything to worry about when it first started up, but it got to a point where i had to go to the doctors about it! They then sent me for physio....this didn't help, and after exercises, hot wax baths, and ultrasound treatment I was told that the damage is already done and will only get worse! I used to have to wear wrist splints, the ones with metal in the back to restrict movement but i now dont wear these as im not working at Asda, but I have little strength in my hands, and often end up in pain etc through doing very little!

Get to ya doctors and get checked out, they may be able to something for you!

x
Old 19-11-2009, 11:43 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

i may even have this - but the docs said it was tendonitis or some shit

wrists hurt often and i can do pressups, etc

actually my left wrist is hurting now
Old 19-11-2009, 11:44 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

got a wrist pin too but its at home
Old 19-11-2009, 11:56 AM
badnews

i have sufferd from rsi and vibratory white finger, and winter time it was real bad mine was none operable so stoped what i was doing to try and sort it out. my wrist creacked like an old leather belt it hurt like fook tbh this was years ago 15 tbh and i still suffer from it now and again to this day. not a lot you can do my mate had the same thing and had the carpul tunel op and is no better off now sadley. there is fook all you can do but change the way you work or change jobs. paracetamol and brufen taken together helped me out no end but is not a cure. i have just dug 30 post holes out and can feal it in my fingers now and me hands seizing up so it never gos away and will always come back to some degree
Old 19-11-2009, 12:20 PM
CombatSapph
Regular Contributor

I've got CPS - diagnosed by an MRI scan about 3 months ago. Had to take Monday off work because I couldn't even grip the steering wheel of my car.

Lined up for a Cortisone injection in the next couple of weeks and if that does nothing then it an operation.

All being done through BUPA so no idea how the NHS approaches such issues.
Old 19-11-2009, 12:30 PM
rossco22

Im pretty sure ive got this although its never been confirmed , Use to go to the gym 3 times a week (mostly doing weights) and do mx at the w.ends untill the pain in my wrists slowly got worse an worse even started to keep me awake at night, so decided i better take a trip to the quacks to see what the score was an was basically told that i was over doing it an all they needed to recover was wrest , so i gave up mx for a while an only did light weights an more cardio work at the gym.. That was about a year back an they still havent sorted them selves out given up on the gym completly now as i only really enjoyed the weight trainning ... got back into mx though but have 2 take a handfull of pain killers b4 i ride to help the pain...
Old 19-11-2009, 12:48 PM
RS500/364
BANNED
BANNED

Should got to the doctor and get a referal for nerv condution test
never heard of it beingfound on mri mind you had both and still no aswers just expensices
Old 19-11-2009, 12:59 PM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

another thing i get quite often is pins and needles, and also numbness..not feeling my arm's and hands, and when my neck/shoulders play up its awful cos sitting hurts, laying down hurts and obviously we use our hands for everything....bloody painful

get to the dr!

x
Old 19-11-2009, 02:10 PM
neal666

back from the docs!

got more information off this post than them!

ibuprofen and rest, thats all she could say, if not any better then physyo referal after 2 weeks. cant see it getting better in 2 weeks.

i said it hurts when pressure in on my wrist or i push it back. "her" answer "dont push it back"
Old 19-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

my other half has just been for a nerve function assessment because she had suspected rsi or carpal tunnel.

doc initially said she'd sign her off for 2 weeks thinking my gf was layign it on, then said to take ibuprofen and referred her to hospital. they had a look and sent her for the test including an mri. turns out there's no evidence of either rsi or carpal tunnel so nto too sure what to do now! can't keep shoving ibuprofen down her throat forever!