General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Nissan GTR 'Love Tap' repair bill....

Search this Thread

Old 14-11-2009, 05:56 PM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe the parents shouldn't let the kids play in the road
Old 14-11-2009, 06:28 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Jesus wept

Fuck that I would tell em just to put some normal hinges in and take that system out!!!

Probably only weighs down the car anyway
Old 14-11-2009, 06:49 PM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Theres some fucking thick twats on this forum
Old 14-11-2009, 06:49 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by timrud
Maybe the parents shouldn't let the kids play in the road
what a fucking idiot you are
Old 14-11-2009, 06:50 PM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Tank Mike
another reason that this is just a totally shite car!

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
fuck pedestrian safety if it costs that much!!!

Pedestrians and kids can all fucking die rather than adding massive amounts to car costs!!!

That is bloody rediculous!!

This safety lark is going too far these days with silly pop up bonnets gay safety bumpers etc.
Old 14-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by neilscott83
what a stupid statement say that to the parents whose kids been knocked over you thick cunt.
True, but I think that trying to instill how important it is not to step out in front of a moving chunk of metal is the priority there. It's hard to believe just how thick-as-fuck some people are now... and they are losing that common sense by being protected from themselves.

In a few years you'll have a machine to extract the shit from your arsehole so you don't need to strain.
Old 14-11-2009, 07:38 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Its a 60k car... END OF. IF you can afford it, you can afford running costs/potential repairs.

My mate has one, its immense
Old 14-11-2009, 07:42 PM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by xr2i-carl
Its a 60k car... END OF. IF you can afford it, you can afford running costs/potential repairs.

same as your dads 335d is a what 30k car?numerous idiotic post on here and pistonheads.............immense
Old 14-11-2009, 07:51 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RC4
same as your dads 335d is a what 30k car?numerous idiotic post on here and pistonheads.............immense
Actually, My car had a list price of 45k...

I paid 30k... Its now worth 22-23k.

Love it!

Your a jealous cock IMMENSE.
Old 14-11-2009, 07:54 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Slamz
They couldn't sue you for fuck all....
go and buy one, disable the system, then try running people over and see how far you get
Old 14-11-2009, 07:59 PM
dojj

further to that, if you buy a car and it costs that much to fix, after a few of them start to add up, the insurance companies are going to start loading them up AND in the case of a minor shunt with a possibly pedestrian and it doesn't do what it's supposed to do, you are going to have one big fuck off bill to pay and poential court costs as well as having your insurance invalidated and find it very hard to insure something for the next decade

and with the sporty bmw m cars having their brains interogated for what's been turned off after a shunt, it might be very intresting to see how the insruance industry deals with this sort of thing

where is tony greenlight when you need him?
Old 14-11-2009, 08:02 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Whats that about bmw's brains being interrogated mate?
Old 14-11-2009, 08:21 PM
dojj

"allegedly" because lawyers might be watching, if you have a bmw m car and decide that, because you are a great driver, you press one of them "traction aid" buttons that deisables the traction aids and then stack it when you run out of talent, "apparently" the computer rememebrs that you turned it off and then tells the insurance bod who comes round ot plug a widget into the wires of the ecu

alex f, he of bwm fiddling fame, should be able to shed more light on the matter as he's had one with the warning that he wasnot to turn the buttons off on pain of being skint if he binned the motor
Old 14-11-2009, 08:24 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

bullshit. (Not directed at you personally)

They cant throw out a warranty due to turning T/C off. Its so restrictive its UNREAL. i Drive with it off permantly.
Old 14-11-2009, 08:30 PM
dojj

They cant throw out a warranty due to turning T/C off. Its so restrictive its UNREAL. i Drive with it off permantly.
not warranty mate, insurance
Old 14-11-2009, 08:32 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dojj
not warranty mate, insurance
SORRY MATE i meanrt Insurance. No way can they... Not a hope in hell.
Old 14-11-2009, 08:56 PM
RickDraper
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Fucking wayhey maybe BMW would have been faster in F1 with you at the wheel of one of there cars
Old 14-11-2009, 09:03 PM
dojj

just hope that you don't need to find out, it could come as a bit of a shock
Old 14-11-2009, 09:05 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

just hope that you don't need to find out, it could come as a bit of a shock
I hope I don't. Still can't see how the insurance could void it. It's not like an un declared mod.
Old 14-11-2009, 09:15 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

go and buy one, disable the system, then try running people over and see how far you get
If i had the money, happily. Its not a legal requirement to have one, so what can they do? nothing.
Old 14-11-2009, 09:52 PM
dojj

I hope I don't. Still can't see how the insurance could void it. It's not like an un declared mod.
that's why i'd ask alex to clarify it further, but if they do stick a bit of cable into the car and it tells them that you were doing 40 mph over the posted limit when you were going backwards into a queue of pensioners outside bingo....

If i had the money, happily. Its not a legal requirement to have one, so what can they do? nothing.
"if" my aunt had bollocks she' dbe my uncle

the "IF" statement doesn't really do a lot when it comes to a court of law when someone decides to do it and things go a bit pete tong, although i'm sure if it's been designed to go onto the car then it has been designed to be compliant with some sort of safety related issues in mind and that's something you really don't wan to have compromised to save yourself a few grand
Old 14-11-2009, 10:26 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

what in gods name are you on about? the 'if' statement was only to do with the fact i cant afford a gtr now! am i going to be taken to court for not being able to afford one at this curent moment in time? re-read is needed i do believe.
Old 14-11-2009, 10:40 PM
dojj

no, it's an IF yo ucould afford to buy one now would you disable the system?

you can't so it's all subjective/conjecture/othe big fancy words

the fact of the matter is that no one will want to be the first to disable the system and then get hit by a pedestrarian who may or may not sue if the insurance company rules that the system shoudl have prevented as much damage as occoured to the errant walker
Old 15-11-2009, 08:38 AM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

that's why i'd ask alex to clarify it further, but if they do stick a bit of cable into the car and it tells them that you were doing 40 mph over the posted limit when you were going backwards into a queue of pensioners outside bingo....

"if" my aunt had bollocks she' dbe my uncle

the "IF" statement doesn't really do a lot when it comes to a court of law when someone decides to do it and things go a bit pete tong, although i'm sure if it's been designed to go onto the car then it has been designed to be compliant with some sort of safety related issues in mind and that's something you really don't wan to have compromised to save yourself a few grand
INS companies don't have get p
out clauses as far as I'm aware for speeding.
Old 15-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I can see another thread turning to shit here. Where's my custard creams?
Old 15-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Gary F
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RC4
Old 15-11-2009, 10:31 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by andy escos
ha ha thats mad as fook what a rip off work mate just got a 2 wheel drive version last week cant wait to tell him about this lol
I presume you mean the V35, which is a very different car, but later ones do have the same passenger protection system.

Your old man charged you 30k! Bummer!
Old 15-11-2009, 10:42 AM
mcst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

No its not a legal requirement but insurance companies are fully aware of any cars specification and base their rates on that basis for that particular vehicle. If you remove something fitted from the factory as a safety feature they need to know and as such will adjust/endorse/load your policy accordingly. They may apply certain exclusions or conditions and if they weren't aware or it looks to have been tampered with anyone in this position could end up with a whole world of shit!

The comment about ECU's being interrogated read this:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...rover-crash.do

and this:
http://news.swiftcover.com/drivers-a...esponsibility/

Yes it was a black box and not the ecu but the principle is there.

Insurance companies have the means to see if cars have been obd tuned and reflashed back to standard in the event of a crash it will only develop beyond that. If you switch off a driver aid such as traction control and have a crash that would have been prevented or less severe you may be considered negligent especially where personal injury occurs. YOU would have to justify to them why you turned it off and that your standard of driving warranted it. After all in what case on the road under normal driving conditions would you need to??? We all do it as it gets in the way when we're have a nice b-road thrash etc...

They won't have to prove anything to you, they will just present the facts and you will have to justify yourself to them. As the link above states the insurance industry is looking to leave the responsibility with the driver!

All ifs,buts and maybe's but thats insurance. Is it worth the risk of giving them a way out of paying up? After thats why we pay.

Last edited by mcst; 15-11-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 15-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have to say, thats an idiotic reply.

It's a Ł60k car, not Ł560k. You don't expect to pay almost a fifth of the cars new price to have a little 'tap' like that fixed. OK, if it was a Veyron and the repair bill was Ł11,000 then I can understand it, but that it just fucking insane.

....and having to take it to Middlehurst when you need new tyres, AFPMSL. Ł600 a pop.
Old 15-11-2009, 11:01 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Insurance companies HAVE already refused to pay out on cars involved in crashes where there's a 'ghost' trace of a previous remap.
Old 15-11-2009, 11:09 AM
orionmojo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy
....and having to take it to Middlehurst when you need new tyres, AFPMSL. Ł600 a pop.
Haha, Can you imagine someone in court after a shunt, the laywer Announces,

"The insurance policy is invalidated because the tyres were full of air"
Old 15-11-2009, 11:14 AM
orionmojo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Insurance companies HAVE already refused to pay out on cars involved in crashes where there's a 'ghost' trace of a previous remap.
Have you ever seen the film "the man who sued god" ?

theres some very interesting points made, although obviously complete fiction, it somewhat relates, where his boat is struck by lightening, and the insurance company refuses to pay out, saying its an act of god, he claims he had fully comprehensive insurance so he takes the church to court, as gods representatives. really good film, shit ending though compared to the rest.

Fair enough is should have been "declared" but what if someone bought a 3 year old car that someone had put back to standard to help retail value? where would they stand being an innocernt party?
Old 15-11-2009, 11:43 AM
jammy86
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Seems odd really, I think he's been poked in the ass tbh.

The bonnet deploy system in the Jag XK can be put back in to place so that if you deploy it you can still drive the car until you have the explosive charge replaced. I would have thought Nissan would have made a similar system. Jag spent lots of time and money on a special sensor so that the bonnet deploy system wouldn't trigger in a small shunt, seems wrong that it went off for such a bump at a repair cost of Ł3000 for the rams. I can't see it needing a replacement saftey ECU either, thats pretty rediculous. Ł140 on a bit of pollystyrene??? No....

It seems that if it is true then Nissan must be trying to recoup the cost of the vehicles, as they are pretty cheap for the performance they are. Parts are obviously being sold at 10-20times mark up at the stealers.

Did you know a Ford 2.4l Puma engine and Landrover defender gearbox only costs LR Ł300, including turbo....?

JAmes.
Old 15-11-2009, 12:03 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

I must admit, landrover are rather bad for ripping off concidering their defenders etc. are not a 'luxury' vehicle, they're designed to get used and abused. I blame it on them running away from their roots and designing footballers cars instead of decent work horses 60% of all the land rovers ever made are still roadworthy today, I highly doubt that'll be the case in 20 years time, with the ponsy rubbish they're churning out now
Old 15-11-2009, 04:30 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy
I have to say, thats an idiotic reply.

It's a Ł60k car, not Ł560k. You don't expect to pay almost a fifth of the cars new price to have a little 'tap' like that fixed. OK, if it was a Veyron and the repair bill was Ł11,000 then I can understand it, but that it just fucking insane.

People dont plan to have an accident mate. 11K is covered by warranty anyway.

Prang any 60k car its going to mount up.
Old 15-11-2009, 05:13 PM
dojj

People dont plan to have an accident mate. 11K is covered by warranty anyway.

Prang any 60k car its going to mount up.
insurance mate

so what's going to happen next year when they ask to insure the same car with an 11 grand claim looming in the paperwork?
Old 15-11-2009, 05:54 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

From previous threads on the GTR and its unfathomable electronics it seems Nissan designed it this way on purpose. They could've put a more simple ECU in, they could've made their bonnet pop system for repeated use but they designed it the way they did on purpose simply to make money. And they know people have no choice in the matter so will pay out.
Old 15-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

GTRs are quick but the fucking problems these cars have in general without any kind of accident is atrocious enough. 11k??? I rather put 60k towards a Ferrari F430. Cos by the time its had little prangs that you needed to get sorted out, you could have bought a proper motor and not have to explain to someone that its a special type of Nissan!!!
Old 15-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Love it!

Your a jealous cock IMMENSE.
You mean your Dad paid 30K and you gloat about it being yours. Fact of the matter is mate, its a BMW and thats it. Its nothing to be jealous of. Come to Southall with it and you'll find that every 20year old has one. And its a 335d, that hardly anything to be jealous of. My eldest brother has a E92 M3 and as far i know, thats the top of the range 3 Series.

When BMW sell you the car they tell you and then make you sign a piece of paper saying not to turn the TC off. Insurance companies are aware of this which when they plug in the Widget, your Insurance automatically becomes void and you will have to bend over for anyone claiming injuries because you thought you were Nick Heidfeld!!!

Yes they can!

Originally Posted by RickDraper
Fucking wayhey maybe BMW would have been faster in F1 with you at the wheel of one of there cars
ROFL

It doesn't have to be a mod. The fact that BMW make you sign a piece of paper stating you not to the TC off is all they need a copy of.
Old 15-11-2009, 07:27 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

insurance mate

so what's going to happen next year when they ask to insure the same car with an 11 grand claim looming in the paperwork?
Not as bad as the quote if they smashed into a lambo, a family of 4 in a mini van on a motorway!!!

Accidents happen

Quick Reply: Nissan GTR 'Love Tap' repair bill....