General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

How much power to make a rwd cossie run a low 13?

Search this Thread

Old 30-12-2004, 10:54 AM
Anh
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and ANH you can make anything fast mate, even a 3 wheeler van, as long as you give it enough power...

the difference is that the engines commonly fitted to novas etc. are all producing siginficantly less power than those fitted to sierras if we look at the average and the top of the range jobbies) the main reason the novas are "faster" is that they weigh less than a half empty packet of bensons, and a sierra weighs more than a small elephant.
So what's the problem then? Do us Supra owners complain that you guys need less HP to match our performance? No... So why object to cars that are lighter than yours and need less HP to perform the same?
christianh3
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

chip uve convinced me i'm going to sell my cossie and buy a nova? how much do u want for ures m8?

ok i aint got a cossie, owned 2 previously love them, i've got an integrale would u do a straight swap?

my integrale for ure vauxhall nova?
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No mate, i keep answering questions about them cause every time i mention that i want my cossie as quick as my nova people keep questioning it, but all i wanted from this thread was a bit of info on my cossie, no pat on the back needed, i have the time slips which is what matters.
Old 30-12-2004, 10:55 AM
christianh3
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

go on i will throw in a tub of biscuits
Old 30-12-2004, 10:56 AM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

im not objecting to anything, im trying to help chip realise that he wont be dissapointed with the performance of his car

mate, if you realised how much of a slow ass peice of shit my own car is you'd understand where i'm coming from
Old 30-12-2004, 10:56 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by christianh3
chip uve convinced me i'm going to sell my cossie and buy a nova? how much do u want for ures m8?

ok i aint got a cossie, owned 2 previously love them, i've got an integrale would u do a straight swap?

my integrale for ure vauxhall nova?
No thanks mate, you missed the bit where i said i needed it reliable.

You seem to be missing the point though, this thread wasnt saying "my nova is quick so you should get one too"

It was asking how to make my cossie similar performance.

Sorry you are having so much trouble grasping that, but just cause im answering questions asked about my nova doesnt mean im trying to convince others to buy one.
Old 30-12-2004, 10:58 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Jim Galbally
im not objecting to anything, im trying to help chip realise that he wont be dissapointed with the performance of his car

mate, if you realised how much of a slow ass peice of shit my own car is you'd understand where i'm coming from
Yes mate, fully understand where you are coming from, and its nice of you actually bother to comment on the question im asking rather than just home in on a couple of words like "vauxhall nova" that happened to get a passing mention in the original question and then get obsessed with those and be too blinkered to talk about anything else, even cossies.
Old 30-12-2004, 10:59 AM
Anh

Your comment about ford owners thinking only fords can be fast? Read the forum there's lots of appreciation of other cars ie evos skylines so ure wrong...not alot about novas cos dont they really interest many cossie owners etc....but if they interest u good on ya, just dont expect others to do so because uve made ures fast, alot more to a car than that.
If Ford Cosworths aren't all about performance, then you lot would have still been happy with spending Ł8K on a 1989 1.8 LX.
Old 30-12-2004, 11:00 AM
AlexF
10K+ Poster!!

lol!!

alex
Old 30-12-2004, 11:05 AM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

chip, you need to give everyone a bit of leeway too mate, you do go on about your nova a "bit" too much that comes across (rightly or wrongly) that you're a bit narrowminded and arrogant

you remind me of what i used to be like, talking about my twinturbo in every single thread
Old 30-12-2004, 11:08 AM
Anonymous
Banned

If i was so narrow minded, why do i currently own 6 cars that are not novas though :S

Im not narrow minded at all, im a complete petrol head, anything on two or four wheels that is quick interests me greatly.
Old 30-12-2004, 11:22 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

I think Chip just wants to be taken seriously hence the constant mentioning of his Nova's, its all too easy to just get lost in a swamp of posts thesedays, watching your post dissapear down the pages.
Old 30-12-2004, 11:27 AM
Anonymous
Banned

PMSL @ all the ameteur psychiatrists trying to establish my motive for asking a question about my cossie.

Its frighteningly simple, i just asked the question cause i wanted the bloody answer, lol

Didnt want "recognition" "fame" "have my nova taken seriously"

Just wanted to know how to get my cossie up the strip in low 13s, the only reason i mentioned my nova was to show why i wanted specifically that time or better, as othewise people would have started saying "why low 13s, why not high 13s, thats still quicker than most things....." etc, and then it would have turned into a debate on what sort of speed quarter made for a good fast road car.
Old 30-12-2004, 11:29 AM
CozzyBrom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i doubt the nova will pull 150 at brunters let alone on the road

that twin engoine turbo thing black one cudnt even pull 170 at brunters last yr unless he got his act together
Old 30-12-2004, 11:31 AM
Anonymous
Banned

It pulls it on the road, i cant comment on wether it would at brunters as ive never been there in it.

As i said though, to me a fast road car doesnt need to be any good over 130mph, in fact the mini im building will be geared for only about 135mph flat out despite the fact that on different gearing it would easily crack 170mph at brunters if that is what i wanted it for, but its not.
Old 30-12-2004, 11:41 AM
Big Man

Default fords novas pugs

All my mates have novas, pugs, all sorts and we share a garage together, i aint bothered what they drive, cos we all have alaugh when we go out, they are always putting 2.0 16 +nos, in there novas (mental boys!) and fair play they beat my 300bph 4x4 saff of the line up to 90ish , but then the cossie top end is very good, and leaves them for dead,
At the end of the day aslong as you have fun, what ever car you drive its all good, but for 500ish quid for 330bph out of a cossie, its excelent value for money, wheres to tune a standard nova must cost a bit! with new uprated parts.

Oh and the i was racing evo was tuned 300+bph
cheers
Old 30-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Fair play big man, seems like you have the same healthy attitude to different makes of cars that i have myself

Id question the 500 quid for 330bhp, cost me more like 2 grand in bits for mine to get it to around that level safely
Old 30-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Big Man

yer just looking at the 500quid! that would get u the basics, but, replace all things and the cost goes up! I am a ford guy at heart, but you gota give it to people that make things like feistas novas or swifts rapid, its a right laugh, blowing away a big bmw or merc! For example a saxo vtr tuned to hell was on my bumper in corners and small strights and i was gutted...untill the big strights and the cossie pulls 1/8 mile on them!
Old 30-12-2004, 11:54 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Yeah saxos, despite the really bad chav image are actaully fantastic handling cars if sorted out correctly (VTS in standard trim is pretty awesome as it is really but even the base models can be made to corner)