General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Bit of a heavy question,:-abortion

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Pob
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bit of a heavy question,:-abortion

Would you consider it for any reason?

Lack of money, been a single parent. etc etc

Where do you stand on this? Is it a viable option for you personally?, If so/no why?
Old 05-11-2009, 02:04 PM
kniterider
PassionFord Regular

yes id consider it.

now days we have the choice, if a mistake is made and it is not viable then id do it (im a bloke but you get where im coming from)

people have different views, i dont say its alive untill it can live (breath and continue) on its own others say its a life from the time of conception
Old 05-11-2009, 02:06 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

No child should be brought into this world unless it is expressly wanted.

Far better to kill a few cells, than to subject someone to a life of misery.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:10 PM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Agreed to both the above.

Chris
Old 05-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I think abortion has a VERY valid place in the choices that we have.

Rape victims is the one that springs to mind instantly.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:16 PM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

All down to circumstance, of course in an ideal world people would use contraception properly to avoid the situation in the first place. What with morning after pill and the amount of contraception available there really is no excuse for 'unplanned' pregancy.

I believe women should have the choice not to go through an unwanted pregnacy, but certainly don't condone it as a regular method of contraception like some seem too.

I would have an abortion if seemed medically necessary (putting my life at risk or something seriously wrong with the baby). Perhaps if very young, or whether having a baby could ruin a promising career etc, then again ideally take steps to avoid becoming pregnant. (I was going to say rape, but thats a double edged sword, some people may say its not the childs fault, whereas some would see a permanent reminder, also some rape victims may be too unstable to seek the morning after pill). If 'mistakes' happen then it's the womans choice. Then the whole debate on fathers rights come into consideration?

Z

Last edited by cabrio zo; 05-11-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Chip

Fathers rights?

No such thing is there?

If a bird choose to go and have an abortion, im not aware of anything the bloke can do to stop her, and if she chooses to not have an abortion and hence essentially have the child against his consent, he is still liable to pay for it.
(although you could argue that by having sex with somene you are implicitly giving consent to them conceiving a child as you must recognise that risk)

Fathers have no rights before a baby is born that I am aware of TBH!

Trending Topics

Old 05-11-2009, 02:28 PM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Wouldn't have a clue Chip, you right I don't think there is anything legal, and really nothing you can do about it, but I'm sure its been in the press in the past, either a bloke tried to stop a woman aborting his baby, and vice versa blokes who don't want to be fathers trying to make her have an abortion.

Exactly, don't cover your end, run the risk that you could (whatever the actual probability!) end up fathering a child

Z

Last edited by cabrio zo; 05-11-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:35 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Why the question, is it something your going thru at the moment?
Old 05-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
Rape victims is the one that springs to mind instantly.
It bugs me when people put +1 but I agree with the above.

I was brought up Catholic, went to Catholic schools and was taught in Religious Studies that the Catholic view [at the the time] was anti-abortion. I never agreed with it at all personally.

It's down to choice but as said above, there appears to be people that think it's just another form of contraception.

Personally, if I was fortunate enough to get the current future ex Mrs Paddy in the family way and was subsequently told that the baby had a very high chance of being disabled in anyway, it would be a tremendously difficult decision.

I hope to god it never happens.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:40 PM
kniterider
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Chip
Fathers rights?

No such thing is there?

If a bird choose to go and have an abortion, im not aware of anything the bloke can do to stop her, and if she chooses to not have an abortion and hence essentially have the child against his consent, he is still liable to pay for it.
(although you could argue that by having sex with somene you are implicitly giving consent to them conceiving a child as you must recognise that risk)

Fathers have no rights before a baby is born that I am aware of TBH!

have to agree, if the father WANTS the child the mother shouldnt be allowed the abortion. but as you say its not equal OR fair.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:42 PM
kniterider
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Paddy
It bugs me when people put +1 but I agree with the above.

I was brought up Catholic, went to Catholic schools and was taught in Religious Studies that the Catholic view [at the the time] was anti-abortion. I never agreed with it at all personally.

It's down to choice but as said above, there appears to be people that think it's just another form of contraception.

Personally, if I was fortunate enough to get the current future ex Mrs Paddy in the family way and was subsequently told that the baby had a very high chance of being disabled in anyway, it would be a tremendously difficult decision.

you COMPLETELY lost me there. the CURRENT FUTURE EX and mrs paddy in the family way?

come again (no pun intended)
Old 05-11-2009, 02:44 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I see your point, but i'm sure there's plenty of twats out there who say that and fcuk off after a few months because they're bored of it, leaving the bird with the baby. The fact is the world isn't fair, some people that have kids clearly shouldn't and people that can't/don't are the ones who should, it's all fucked up.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by kniterider
have to agree, if the father WANTS the child the mother shouldnt be allowed the abortion. but as you say its not equal OR fair.
Its a massive inequality.

woman wants kid, bloke doesnt = tell bloke "well you shouldnt have had sex if you dont want a kid, tough you are having one now wether you like it or not"

woman doesnt want kid, bloke does = women shouldnt have had sex if she didnt want to end up pregnant, but can simply undo her 'mistake' anyway and bloke is told its nothing to do with him
Old 05-11-2009, 02:46 PM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

See thats the thing kniterider, its the woman whos got to go through pregnancy, childbirth and possibly end up with a child in the world she didn't want, how can you FORCE someone to do that? Though you could also say she should've made sure she use contraception properly

And I'm not saying its fair for a bloke who didn't want a kid to be told 'tough your going to be' it goes back to Chips comment, it's the risk you take. Fora woman to trick you saying she IS on contraception is very very deceitful and wrong

Z

Last edited by cabrio zo; 05-11-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by kniterider
you COMPLETELY lost me there. the CURRENT FUTURE EX and mrs paddy in the family way?

come again (no pun intended)
Future Ex = girlfriend

current girlfried = the one he is with at the moment
Old 05-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by cabrio zo
See thats the thing kniterider, its the woman whos got to go through pregnancy, childbirth and possibly end up with a child in the world she didn't want, how can you FORCE someone to do that? Though you could also say she should've made sure she use contraception properly

Z
I dont see that as greatly different forcing a bloke to go through 18 years of paying for a kid.

Im not saying childbirth is easy, im sure its not, but neither is paying out for 18 years.

Its a massive double standard!

At the very least the bloke should be allowed to insist the fetus is removed and frozen so he can attempt to pay a surrogate to grow it for him.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:51 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

This is why i love this site!
Old 05-11-2009, 02:56 PM
spinus
Part of the Furniture

i have no problem with abortion, its the timescale that makes me sick,theres the morning after pill,it should never take four to five months to decide you cant afford/dont want a child. it goes from killing a few cells to murdering a perfectly viable child. there are always exeptions of course, young girl too scared to tell her parents etc there will always be them, but career and financial? no excuse i,m sorry.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, My ex had one when we was 17! Far to young and I was just starting a new job which meant I wasn't going to be at home.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:58 PM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Nowhere did I say it was right for a woman to get pregant when the guy doesn't want a kid with her. Sadly it IS a massive double standard. Didn't say I agree with it.

Physically I don't think it would work removing a foetus Chip but hypothecially it is still biologically the woman who conceived it, you still cooking a child she didn't want.

It is scary how many weeks they let you go Spinus, quite sickening, I have no idea what must go through a womans mind at that many weeks going in for abortion (by choice that is not through medical reaons that must be horrendous)

Z

Last edited by cabrio zo; 05-11-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:00 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Paddy
...in the family way and was subsequently told that the baby had a very high chance of being disabled in anyway, it would be a tremendously difficult decision.

Without wishing to go into detail I've been in that position, and even if you've both discussed what you'd do 'if the worst happened' it's a massively hideous decision to have to make.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:00 PM
cossy girl

I think that it is a joint decision it takes two to make a baby, so it should be a joint decision. Unless of a rape ect
Old 05-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Originally Posted by S1 JOHN S1
I think abortion is wrong period,If you don't want a child then please see your doctor and sort something out! Till then wear a good solid sock over your cock!!!.

It is double standard's zo,Woman side it messe's with there head's so much my sister has had 2 and i swear i nearly slapped her for it,full on went at her for it,She should have learnt the first time end of!!.

My sister's is pretty messed up after them TBH,I won't sit and listen to her about it either it's her fault she can deal with it!!!!! Maybe that's wrong but self inflicted it was so deal with it!!!.

Rant over

As i said for rape victim's then ok

You sound like a rather loving brother to have around, Self inflicted or not.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:15 PM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

But arent jimmy hats not 100% safe? Surely if you do wear protection and it happens what would happen then in your opinion?
Old 05-11-2009, 03:21 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I am hard mate i don't care for people who do not use anything and then a destroy a life because of it!!!!!
I see what your saying, but in her mind, her life would have been destroyed had she had the baby!!! If the child is not going to be loved the way it should then maybe abortion is the way foward!! Thats why there are so many little scrotes on the streets these days, there parents fuck, pop a kid out then let it do what the fuck it wants, destroying more lives as they grow older!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:22 PM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by cfoster
But arent jimmy hats not 100% safe? Surely if you do wear protection and it happens what would happen then in your opinion?
What do you mean what would happen? You both used contraception which means neither of you wanted to conceive a child, you both then take the decision whether to abort or keep it?

Condoms are 98% effective, there is actually only one window in a womans cycle where she is 'fertile' so if only using condoms as method of birth control get to know her cycle and be extra careful around that time, or avoid it (Sassy can probably explain in more detail the fertile length in a cycle) if that worried about reliability of condoms use the pill/injection/implant/coil whatever too

Z

Last edited by cabrio zo; 05-11-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

I am hard mate i don't care for people who do not use anything and then a destroy a life because of it!!!!!
So you'd quite happily sit back and watch your sister, who is a human being fall to bits? My ex had an abortion at 17 (young and nieve on both accounts!) and we split up because of it, she was a mess, I was a mess but I still was there for her even though it was hard! Its also happened again to me recently, but the girl went and done it off her own back then decided to tell me....

Hard man indeed!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:27 PM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by cabrio zo
What do you mean what would happen? You both used contraception which means neither of you wanted to conceive a child, you both then take the decision whether to abort or keep it?

Condoms are 98% effective, there is actually only one window in a womans cycle where she is 'fertile' so if only using condoms as method of birth control get to know her cycle and be extra careful around that time, or avoid it (Sassy can probably explain in more detail the fertile length in a cycle)

Z

When I mean what would happen is that if you were using contraception and the unfortunate happened, then John was initially saying it wouldnt be right to abort as its a 'life'??

Sod abortions, stomach, wallop, stairs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (joke by the way!!!!!!)

Chris
Old 05-11-2009, 03:31 PM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Whether its 'morally' or religious etc right is a matter of opinion, it is legal (in this Country) and the choice there if wanted

Z

Last edited by cabrio zo; 05-11-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:31 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

When i was reading your reply i thought to meself, 'once is a mistake, twice is careless' you ovbiously read my mind!!!

My neighbour got pregnant at 16, she went by herself for a abortion but was told she was 6 months gone so too late!! She was dreading telling her old man ( i would have too, his a scary fucker) but ovbiousy she did tell him, when he found out she wanted a abortion he hit the roof, he was more annoyed at her for contemplating it rather that the fact she was 16 and pregnant!! I guess everyone has different views!! I jus believe theres too many kids born that arent loved enough, hence why theres so many little fuckers out there!!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:33 PM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Right here's my 2pence!!

I disagree with abortions! If your willing to do the deed and not take the precautions needed to then thats your problem....you can't have it both ways, do something about it in the first instance! There is plenty out there to prevent pregnancy until both partners in the relationship are ready to start a family!!

I for instance have the contraceptive implant in my arm....it doesn't affect me in my day to day life but is there to stop pregnancy before life is ready for me to have a child!

I however agree with abortion in the Rape instance, the disabled child bit too, but then that is only a decision that can be made by the parents and with advice from doctors etc as to the condition and possible quality of life etc. I think until your in that situation you can't decide what you would do.....

x

Quick Reply: Bit of a heavy question,:-abortion