General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Bit of a heavy question,:-abortion

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S1 JOHN S1
Because if a guy dont want a kid he should make sure

Or is it just the woman's job to take the contreception
No. Its both peoples responsibility to make sure they are taking the right precautions.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

who said they aren't using anything? Radleigh (sorry to pick on you sunshine) certainly said he personally isn't but his partners are.

Wheres the problem there? If both parties are happy with their contraception choices, they also then have the right to chose an abortion should something unexpected occur
Old 05-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Take the right step's and there will be no need for abortion's
Even in cases of Rape, severe disabilities and health complications?
Old 05-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Ciderwoman
A Bit Random

well i think its very much each to their own. all options have to be explored. I have always said the only reason i would have an abortion if the pregnancy was causing life threatening situations to either me or the baby.
As long as all options have been concidered. There are alot couple out there who cant have children. I have recently found out that in the future it would be hard 4 me to carry a baby to term and adoption would more than likely have to be a option if i do want more children. I do have a beautiful little girl and she was'nt planned and me and her dad are no longer 2gether but i would not change her for the world.
All im saying is, if you dont think you can have the child your self and unsure about abortion then consider other things.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Originally Posted by hairdresser_joy
well i think its very much each to their own. all options have to be explored. I have always said the only reason i would have an abortion if the pregnancy was causing life threatening situations to either me or the baby.
As long as all options have been concidered. There are alot couple out there who cant have children. I have recently found out that in the future it would be hard 4 me to carry a baby to term and adoption would more than likely have to be a option if i do want more children. I do have a beautiful little girl and she was'nt planned and me and her dad are no longer 2gether but i would not change her for the world.
All im saying is, if you dont think you can have the child your self and unsure about abortion then consider other things.
And what about the damage to the mothers mental health should she carry a baby to term that she doesnt want?

The changes in her body and hormones that she doesnt want?

Each person should have a right to chose if they become a parent or not (if they fall pregnant)
Old 05-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Ciderwoman
A Bit Random

Originally Posted by Punkie
And what about the damage to the mothers mental health should she carry a baby to term that she doesnt want?

The changes in her body and hormones that she doesnt want?

Each person should have a right to chose if they become a parent or not (if they fall pregnant)

i know im not saying that people dont have a choice, all i was saying is that if they feel like they dont want the baby and they feel they can cope with going through with the pregnancy and give it up for adoption then alot of people out there would be extremly grateful. but i would NEVER EVER force someone to go through a pregancy that they did not want to. i just think some times the whole abortion action is trown in 2 easy. its not an easy choice to make and they have to be 100% sure its wat they want to do. i have a very good friend of mine who had an abortion 4 years ago because she was not ready to have a child she thinks about it everyday as to if she made the right choice.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:24 PM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

I haven't read all this thread and don't intend to.

Firstly, can I just say, that with the best efforts in the world...... WOMEN CAN STILL GET PREGNANT WHILST TAKING CONTRACEPTION! NOTHING WE EITHER DO TO OURSELVES OR TAKE OR HAVE FITTED CAN BE 100% SAFE 100% OF THE TIME!

I have known several people who have become pregnant whilst having the Merena Coil fitted (hailed to be the champaign of all coils). The pill doesn't always work effectively.... condoms can split. In young women, sterilisation can sometimes reverse itself, as can the snip operation in men.

My views on abortion are as follows..... no one, whether they either don't want any children at all, or don't wish to have any more children, should be free to choose whether they go ahead with a pregnancy or not. In many cases, you can choose to have an abortion and in the end not go through with it, and I am sure that some women go through abortion and regret it. But at the end of the day it is YOUR choice and NO ONE should judge you for it.

As was said in one of the first replies to this thread, no child should be brought into this world if it is not wanted. In no way should any man force it upon a woman to have a child or vice versa, its just not fair all round.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

My point not using anything to start with "heat of the moment" and then getting and abortion cos u couldn't be arsed!

Is that ok?

Answer me that?
Yes, that's ok. It's human nature to mess up sometimes, just the same as that one time you can't control your temper when someone keeps pushing you. That would be a mistake... putting yourself in a situation where you could be given a custodial sentence.

People make mistakes. I'm sure even you, Passionford's new official monk can understand that. When the shit hits the fan you need to deal with it: abortion is a means to do just that.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

My point not using anything to start with "heat of the moment" and then getting and abortion cos u couldn't be arsed!

Is that ok?

Answer me that?
Depends on the circumstances of the two people who created a pregnancy in the first place.

You cant ever give a generic answer. Each case should be decided by the people involved dependent on their situation and feelings.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:35 PM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

Is that ok?

Answer me that?
So if, in the heat of the moment a couple didn't use anything and the woman wound up getting pregnant, she should go through with having the baby no matter how much of a shit life it might have, JUST because they weren't sensible, in the heat of the moment? As what, punishment for being careless?

OBVIOUSLY abortion shouldn't be used as a means of contraceptive, NO ONE is disputing that! But the thing that needs to be thought about is what is best for the baby once it's born, the decision on whether or not to have it or not should be based on this, and not based on how it was conceived
Old 05-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Ciderwoman
A Bit Random

Is that ok?

Answer me that?

its tricky as a pregnancy from a "heat of the moment situation" is not going to be planned and more than likely not wanted and that is not the situation to bring a child in to. like iv said b4 people have to consider all options.
People should learn some self control and think a head. i personaly have been on the pill since i was sexually active (no im not a slag) its abit of piece of mind for me, i also carry a condom in my bag, little simple things like this can help if "heat of the moment situations" should arise.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

I wonder why teen's get pregant with ur view's it's ok we have an abortion machine,mistake's we all make mistake's,creating life is serious shit and calling that a mistake is shocking "accident's are when ur trying to prevent and it happen's"

Creating life and killing because of lazyness is not acceptable IMO,

My view's entirly pal,

Theres no talking to some people

NOONE BUT NOONE is saying "oh yeah, I dont bother with anything I just get an abortion when it happens"

Opinions are like arseholes...everyone has them but sometimes people cant smell the bullshit thats coming out...

my view entirely
Old 05-11-2009, 09:44 PM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

Yeah you're right, you should wait until it actually develops into a baby, THEN destroy it's life by bringing it into a world where it won't be looked after properly.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:46 PM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

A sensible WOMAN rock on lass

Thinking ahead for whatever may happen,Because the last thing u want is another child on your hand's good stuff to hear

That's all i am trying to say
No, what you're saying is that if somebody gets pregnant through carelessness then they shouldn't have an abortion!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Austin101
Your talkin sh** now

If you play with fire you will get burned and yes there is a choice, use contraceptives there's your choice.They do work. Unless its a circumstance where the choice is compromised like when rape has occurred.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

A sensible WOMAN rock on lass

Thinking ahead for whatever may happen,Because the last thing u want is another child on your hand's good stuff to hear

That's all i am trying to say

So if this "sensible woman" took all their precautions and still got pregnant. S1 John: ruler of all things baby, would have her carry the child to term whether she wanted to or not.

Sensible that.

Not a dig at you Joy
Old 05-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Originally Posted by Austin101
If you play with fire you will get burned and yes there is a choice, use contraceptives there's your choice.They do work. Unless its a circumstance where the choice is compromised like when rape has occurred.
How many times? the only thing thats 100% effective is not having sex.

I take it thats your contraception of choice then?
Old 05-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Ciderwoman
A Bit Random

Originally Posted by JxBabe
No, what you're saying is that if somebody gets pregnant through carelessness then they shouldn't have an abortion!
i dont think ne1 is saying that! people need to think about each situation they are in. abortion should never be the quick easy way out! if you dont think it through u can live to regret it.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:53 PM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

I'm saying it's bang out of order YES do u not agree,

It's there choice but i find disgusting how they use aborting for them been adult enough to shag but not to think of what may happen.

Yeah I can see it now, at the abortion clinic:

Nurse: So how did you get pregnant, did you take any precautions?
Girl: Yes but they didn't work.
Nurse: Okay go ahead!

OR

Girl: No I didn't take any precautions, it was the heat of the moment...
Nurse: Oh well that's very careless, I won't allow you an abortion. You might be a shit mother and your child may not have any type of a life, but you'll learn your lesson!
Old 05-11-2009, 10:00 PM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

Are u missing the point

Use something and the "chance" is u won't have too
Oh my GOD I remember why I don't post here, this is retarded!

I have said, NUMEROUS times that of course you should take precautions, that is not the issue here! It's fucking obvious that you should use something, I have never once disputed that so don't patronise me!
Old 05-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Did u not read my top on here OR ARE U BLIND

That would be an accident then and totally understandable.

What i am getting at is people not using anything and then having abortion's u punkie are
One of your posts on this thread says

If people took the precaution there wouldn't be the need for an abortion.
I think you need further SexEd TBH. and you also posted

I think abortion is wrong period,If you don't want a child then please see your doctor and sort something out!
so what is your actual view on this or dont you really know anymore?
Old 05-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Austin101
Your talkin sh** now

How many times? the only thing thats 100% effective is not having sex.

I take it thats your contraception of choice then?
Do you need some sex education?15 years with my wife, 3 children planned, no "mistakes".
Old 05-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Originally Posted by Austin101
Do you need some sex education?15 years with my wife, 3 children planned, no "mistakes".
Then you fall into the statistics where contraception has worked.

Well done you.

Edit to say: The "How many times" was about how many times to people have to told nothing is 100% effective.

Not how many times you've done the deed. I dont need to be thinking about that

Last edited by Punkie; 05-11-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:04 PM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

Well done you.
Didn't you know Punkie, all people are EXACTLY the same when it comes to contraception, all types work 100% for everyone. Only idiots could get pregnant whilst using contraception, it's definitely foolproof.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

I wonder why teen's get pregant with ur view's it's ok we have an abortion machine,mistake's we all make mistake's,creating life is serious shit and calling that a mistake is shocking "accident's are when ur trying to prevent and it happen's"

My view's entirly pal,

You're clearly not as hard as you would lead us to believe if you're getting this upset about abortions.

Yes, it's a mistake: you know, making the wrong decision in the 'heat of the moment', to coin a 'John' phrase.

I'd also like to point out something you seem to have been overlooking in your wise rants.

I wonder why teen's get pregant
Yes, I wonder why? Teen pregnancies are rife in poverty striken areas. Much of this is a result of upbringing, instilling a laid-back attitude towards issues which might be considered more serious among teens with a higher level of education. So where do the parents who are bringing up these children come from? Usually a family that hasn't felt the need for abortion, or possibly hasn't had access to it, resulting in a poor quality of upringing due to the 'unwanted' nature of their conception and the struggle of financial hardship.

It's a vicious circle which will never end, all thanks to your 'limited' understanding of abortion.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

p.s you're also responsible for knife crime.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Originally Posted by JxBabe
Didn't you know Punkie, all people are EXACTLY the same when it comes to contraception, all types work 100% for everyone. Only idiots could get pregnant whilst using contraception, it's definitely foolproof.
Someone better inform all the medical research bodies to get them to update their data then!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...arious_methods

I feel better knowing I have an Implanon implant.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:11 PM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

Lost cause, I give up.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

I am saying un protected sex and then they decide abortion is wrong,They take a life for there fooling around,

U want to be adult then be adult and use something "99%" An abortion wouldnt come into the question then
No, you said abortion is wrong "period"

And as for your grasp of basic math...in what school did they teach you that 99% is "absolute certainty"
Old 05-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Austin101
Your talkin sh** now

Well done you.

Edit to say: The "How many times" was about how many times to people have to told nothing is 100% effective.

Not how many times you've done the deed. I dont need to be thinking about that
I do see your point. This thread is going hit a raw nerve with most people. I'll give it a count on "how many times" and i'll get back to yea

Quick Reply: Bit of a heavy question,:-abortion