General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Bit of a heavy question,:-abortion

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk

Hard man indeed!
Emotionally hard, not brick shithouse hard?
Old 05-11-2009, 03:41 PM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But 'what if' Caz, the implant didn't work for whatever reason (ok it'll probably never happen) and you do find yourself pregnant and perhaps don't want it for WHATEVER reason you would not consider abortion?! You'd just 'oh well' accept it and change your life forever? This is no slant on your view at all, just curious! For me abortion is something I would NEVER take lightly and would do (and have done) everything to avoid it over XX years I know I certainly wouldn't want to go through an unwanted pregancy.

Abortion dates back centuaries (I don' tknow how many ), I think it may also be mentioned in the bible, don't quote me on that.
Whether it is right is down to personal opinion I guess

Z

Last edited by cabrio zo; 05-11-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:47 PM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by cabrio zo
But 'what if' Caz, the implant didn't work for whatever reason (ok it'll probably never happen) and you do find yourself pregnant and perhaps don't want it for WHATEVER reason you would not consider abortion?! You'd just 'oh well' accept it and change your life forever? This is no slant on your view at all, just curious! For me abortion is something I would NEVER take lightly and would do (and have done) everything to avoid it over XX years

Z
The implant works by releasing daily an amount of the contraception...which in turn stops you from ovulating........so there is no chance on it! It's amazing how it works!

I would never be able to bring myself to go through an abortion unless for the reasons stated above....who am i to decide the fate of a child's life....? Of course it would never be taken lightly..EVER! But that is my opinion...i can't make decisions for what other couples would do in any situation that is their decision and their own opinions....

x

Last edited by **caz**; 05-11-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Physically I don't think it would work removing a foetus Chip but hypothecially it is still biologically the woman who conceived it, you still cooking a child she didn't want.
How is that any different to her going ahead with the birth if the bloke doesnt want it?
Old 05-11-2009, 03:53 PM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I know full well how female contraception works Caz it was hypothetical question I said was purely curious.

Z
Old 05-11-2009, 03:56 PM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Chip
How is that any different to her going ahead with the birth if the bloke doesnt want it?
It's not, right or wrongly at the end of the day it is the womans choice, unless the guy is some kind of physco who'd lock her up so she can't have an abortion (removing items that could be used to induce a home made abortion - woman have done brutal things over the years to 'rid' themselves of unwanted pregnancies as I'm sure you know) or vice versa chuck her down the stairs and kick her in the stomach etc, or the Doctor who laced his pregnant lovers drink with the abortion pill, as we know does happen

Z

Last edited by cabrio zo; 05-11-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:56 PM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I know full well how female contraception works Caz it was hypothetical question I said was purely curious.

Z
lol i was pointing it out for those that prob dont know Zo!!

x
Old 05-11-2009, 04:00 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by S1 JOHN S1
Mate ur on my way of thinking ,

Shitting hell although i see his point u know,I also see her's,

When she found out she was 2 days away from starting her GCSE's!! Her main concern was that the child would be born disabled, she had drunk and smoked throughout the pregnancy (ovbiously as soon as she knew she stopped) she was even diving off diving boards in Cuba!! Ovbiously, even if she was told the child would be disabled she would have had no choice but to have it seeing as she was 6 months gone before she found out!!! But in her Dads eyes, having a abortion is worse than having a kid at 16, even when the father was considerablly older and not around!!! Altho now she wouldnt change her son for the world, had she found out straight away she was pregnant, she would have had a abortion
Old 05-11-2009, 04:03 PM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by **caz**
lol i was pointing it out for those that prob dont know Zo!!

x
Ah I see!

Been an interesting discussion

Do you think its lack of education or knowledge Squiz re your neighbour? I knew from an early age if you didn't use protection you could get pregnant, I also knew there was a chance you could be if you had late periods and sex etc and that you had to see a Doc quick if wanted an abortion - maybe she was just scared all along hence she was so far gone?

Some woman never show and don't even know themselves they are pregnant till birth and can still have monthly bleeds! How shocking would that be, stomach ache thinking it was last nights curry....

Z

Last edited by cabrio zo; 05-11-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:06 PM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

Absolutely agree with abortion. If i somehow ended up pregnant and was forced to keep the baby it would ruin my life, I am that against it (hence why I'm careful, obviously). I would not be able to bring up a child properly and I wouldn't be able to give it a decent life, plus i would probably completely break down so that's 2 lives ruined, instead of some cells.

Another point, I don't know if this has been mentioned - all the 'chav' population who refuse to work a day in their lives... if I were to weigh up what is more 'wrong' - either abortion or bringing another person into the world who has pretty much no chance of having a decent life being because if their parents/environment, I know which I'd chose.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:09 PM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ah I see!

Been an interesting discussion

Z
Yeah ya not wrong! It certainly has...and im sure this isn't it yet either...

It's one of those topics that has many different opinions!

x
Old 05-11-2009, 04:18 PM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

a cell to begin with.....but still in my eyes is a life!! If thats how you view it then thats your opinion, but in my view...yes it all starts out as a cell but right up until the point you can legally have an abortion....and at the most point a lot sooner than that....that life is not a cell anymore ..... that life is growing and imo who can determine the fate of that?!?!

ah well...my opinion

x
Old 05-11-2009, 04:18 PM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

No not at all, it IS how life starts out, but as far as I see it that's what it is - a life - and if the position a person is in means that a new life is at a massive disadvantage before they even start then I personally believe it is irresponsible to inflict that on them.

I totally understand that a lot of people are completely opposed to my views and I accept that, I agree that prevention is better than 'cure' and I personally take that stance. Unfortunately a lot of people ARE careless, and these are often the same people that are unable or unwilling to care for a child properly.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:24 PM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

Exactly ,

Prevention is better than the cure, On that then why don't people get a clue and PREVENT instead of when it happen's and there shitting brick's USE SOMETHING period then we woulnd't have so many woman going through them!!!

Totally with you on that one
Old 05-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

a cell to begin with.....but still in my eyes is a life!! If thats how you view it then thats your opinion, but in my view...yes it all starts out as a cell but right up until the point you can legally have an abortion....and at the most point a lot sooner than that....that life is not a cell anymore ..... that life is growing and imo who can determine the fate of that?!?!

ah well...my opinion

x
It's not a life. It's a life when its born healthy, Other things could happen during that 9 months.

My opinion.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:34 PM
mozzy
Ford for life

My ex had an abortion when we broke up, I still dont know if she said it as a trick to get me back or not but she supposedly weent tyhrough with it, i felt horrible letting her do it but she messed me up so much financially, mentally, and emotionally that i could not even bare to hear her voice, she was mad
Old 05-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

My mum is there for her about that situation pal,

Nieve mate indeed but as said "Accident's" can happen,But did u use anything were u planning for a child??

Your mother might be there but theres no need for the shit attitude, so shes done wrong? No ones perfect.

We wasn't planning, it was an accident both times. Mainly due to just being your typical horny young nieve couple.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:39 PM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by mozzy
My ex had an abortion when we broke up, I still dont know if she said it as a trick to get me back or not but she supposedly weent tyhrough with it, i felt horrible letting her do it but she messed me up so much financially, mentally, and emotionally that i could not even bare to hear her voice, she was mad
A good example of the kind of environment a baby shouldn't be brought in to.
Plus, she messed you about that much before, imagine how much worse she could have been with child to use against you (as so many women DO use their kids in that way!)
Old 05-11-2009, 04:39 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Zo - She was plastered when she concieved!! She knew the consequences and said they always used condoms, but one night they got drunk and didnt take precautions. She claims she was so drunk she didnt no they'd had sex!! As far as im aware, she was stil having her monthly period, and to look at her, you would never say she was pregnant, even when she went into labour she was hardly showing!!

Exactly right John, each person has there own opinion!! I was talking to her mum, her mum admitted to me that she would have wanted her daughter to have a abortion if they'd known at the start, where as her dad was 100% against it!! That would have made for a interesting conversation around the dinner table
Old 05-11-2009, 04:46 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Shit attitude mate your missing the point First i accepted,The second well.....

An accident both time's mate did u use anything?

A young horny couple mate's that's the most stupid thing i ever heard,Does that STOP a couple using protection??
No it doesnt stop people using protection, but have you never had sex in the heat of the moment??
Old 05-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

I'm not missing the point what so ever, It's what I think.

No we never either, 2nd time she was on the pill, but was off it for a month which was when she fell pregnant.

Didn't/don't use anything with partners, never have and probably never will.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:53 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

i didnt take it well when she announced our second that wasnt planned. we had been for the first appointment to get rid but i changed my mind before the second . im so glad i did as i have my beautiful little daughter whos now 3.....
Old 05-11-2009, 04:54 PM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
I'm not missing the point what so ever, It's what I think.

No we never either, 2nd time she was on the pill, but was off it for a month which was when she fell pregnant.

Didn't/don't use anything with partners, never have and probably never will.
I take it your planning on a pregnancy then....??

x
Old 05-11-2009, 04:55 PM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

Just a thought...
If a woman fell pregnant, and was SO against having a baby, and had NO chance of having an abortion because people around her told her it's wrong... and she became suicidal because of it, and then killed herself, is this more, or less wrong than abortion?
(Obviously both lives are ended anyway, would it have been better that she have the abortion or not)?
Old 05-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Nicole
PassionFord Post Troll

Abortion definately has its place. I have had an abortion and would again if the circumstances warranted it. The child's quality of life and health must be your first priority as a responsible parent. And if you simply cannot find the means to give the baby the quality of life it needs and deserves then you have a responsibilty right there and then to make that decision.

I believe being a parent begins long before the baby is born and i think its largely about taking responsibility for your actions....either way. Far too many people have kids and ruin their lives, and i know alot of them that wish they were never born.......
Old 05-11-2009, 04:59 PM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Nicole
Abortion definately has its place. I have had an abortion and would again if the circumstances warranted it. The child's quality of life and health must be your first priority as a responsible parent. And if you simply cannot find the means to give the baby the quality of life it needs and deserves then you have a responsibilty right there and then to make that decision.

I believe being a parent begins long before the baby is born and i think its largely about taking responsibility for your actions....either way. Far too many people have kids and ruin their lives, and i know alot of them that wish they were never born.......
Exactly what I was trying to put across. I'm glad I'm not the only woman who feels this way, was beginning to think there's something wrong with me!
Old 05-11-2009, 05:03 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

The heat of the moment hmmm i understand that but does that STOP anyone slipping a sock on?
I'd rather do without sex than use a jonny. Hideous things. Plus not all women can take the pill/implants etc... hence why I'm having the snip in January.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:04 PM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

Unfortunately S1 John - no contraceptive is 100% effective. Other than abstinence lol.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

I take it your planning on a pregnancy then....??

x

Planning a pregnancy just because I don't wear one?! We go about contraception in otherways as I don't get on with condoms, Simple.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Mrs T
Super Moderator
PassionFord Gold Member (Female)
Super Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So mate u would have no sex simple mean's u aint in the position of your lass needing to abort anything

And true they can't so u take that on board and be a man and use a jonny

Well unless u want kid's
he meant in the heat of the moment,
Old 05-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Well then mate your stupid plain and simple ,

If u cannot stand back and look what issue's could arise no pun there either then your thick,Your using an abortion as your form of contreception

The heat of the moment hmmm i understand that but does that STOP anyone slipping a sock on?

No mate, I'm not stupid. I know full well the issues that may arise, But as said in the post above, I don't get on well with condoms.

I'm with Dan, I'd rather not have sex, than have sex with one on.

Quick Reply: Bit of a heavy question,:-abortion