General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ford customer care not

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009 | 05:54 PM
rsbyrne
Virgin

Default Ford customer care not

Hello
Is there anyone that can help me?
I purchased a BRAND NEW Transit Sportvan from Peoples in Bootle. We were in a hurry when we collected this van as we were trading at The Gold cup at Olton Park. Cut a long story short due to show ect when we finally washed the van and inspected it, it was two weeks later at the time of washing the paint on the rear wheel arch started to come off, revealing some sort of filler.
We then inspected the rest of the vehicle and it became apparent that the drivers door had been repaired, the two rear doors had been repaired and still needed repairing, and that the complete passengers side had been very badly repaired.

We then took the vehicle back to peoples and asked them to replace it for a new one of the same spec. they refused to do this and insisted we had to have it repaired, after 6 weeks of them having our van and me insisting we wanted a replacement vehicle. Peoples then decided that they would offer me a Full refund or a repair and gave me 5 days to decided after taking 6 weeks to come to that decision. I asked them to confirm how they were going to repair the vehicle and they refused to confirm what they were going to do telling me it is none of my business that is between them and ford warranty.

To repair this vehicle to as new standard the complete rear passengers side panel would need to be replaced however peoples would not confirm. We searched for a new van but due to the fact we had a good deal on ours it was going to cost us another Ł5000 to replace our van like for like. I asked ford if they would be able to help me out with the cost of a new van and they refused basically telling me take your full refund and go away. I explained what we do and that we do car shows all year and that we are Ford RS owners club members ect and they still refused.

We haven’t had a van for 7 weeks and ford will not give us a curtsey vehicle as warranty will not pay for one and we have been backed into a corner and have to have the van repaired.
We confirm that we are willing to have the vehicle repaired but NOT at peoples so we collected the van and took it to another ford dealership in Oswestry. As a warranty claim had already been made they had a copy of Peoples paint path which confirmed all they were going to do is rub the passengers side down and fill it with filler and the same with the rear doors.

As this infringes the terms of a new vehicle they officially are not allowed to do this however ford warranty had agreed to it. We are now back to square one as the other dealership have confirmed the only way to repair it is to remove the panels which would mean cutting seals which again infringes the terms of a new vehicle. So ford have now decided that they need to send someone out to inspect the van which is what I asked them to do 7 weeks ago.
We are now back to square one and still without a vehicle.....
:f ume:
Old 04-11-2009 | 05:58 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Take the money and go with another make.
Old 04-11-2009 | 06:01 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

why not take the refund then buy another but be more attentive when collecting?
Old 04-11-2009 | 06:18 PM
oxb1l

Bloke at my dads work waited ten months on his RS focus coming having written a 5k cheque for a
deposit and agreeing a price on his st500 , got a call to collect went down next day and was given his cheque back and told they couldn't supply the car

Snakes !
Old 04-11-2009 | 06:41 PM
jammy86
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

My mate had to pay a 10er + vat to have a curtisy car while they fixed his 1000mile old FRS2 for a clunky CV joint.... surely if they are admitting there is a fault and fixing it they should be covering the costs? If i had paid 20somthing K theres not a chance I'd be paying another 10er.

JAmes.
Old 04-11-2009 | 06:48 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Ł10 +vat? its not going to break the bank after spending Ł20K+ but its not very customer friendly for sure.
Old 04-11-2009 | 06:52 PM
rsbyrne
Virgin

The problem was when we collected the van it was tipping it down and they had parked it so we couldnt get down one side.
We cant take the refund as the offer has now been revoked as we were under the impression that the vehicle could be repaired without using filler or removing panels ect. However we have now taken the van to a HONEST dealer and they have confirmed that the panel needs to be removed and replaced and the complete passangers side respraying, the two rear doors need filling and the drivers door needs re-spraying.
So we are now back to square one as FORD warranty had agreed the warranty claim Peoples had submitted however all they were going to do is fill the van full of filler. So now because Furrows have stated the panel needs to be removed they wont agree to it.

OMG ALL WE WANT IS WHAT WE PAID FOR A NEW VAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2009 | 06:54 PM
rsbyrne
Virgin

We havent even been offered a curtisy vehicle as FORD warranty will not pay for it and the dealership doesnt have a vehicle. We have been left high and dry..

The other PROBLEM is we cant FIND ANOTHER BLACK van all of them have been pre registered ect or demo vehicles and that was the only two we found...

Last edited by rsbyrne; 04-11-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-11-2009 | 06:57 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

the old out in the rain with the damaged side against a wall routine? sounds shabby for sure as they will have known.
whats trading standards saying about it?
Old 04-11-2009 | 07:01 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

take a full refund and tell ford to fukk off when you have it.
Old 04-11-2009 | 07:04 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

What more can they do other than Give you a full refund...

I agree they have took too long to offer it so maybe a small good will gesture would be nice but they have offered youre money back so take it and buy something else.

Id rather buy a year old one than a bodged up repainted new one.
Old 04-11-2009 | 07:04 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sorry didnt read that you now cant take refund!
Old 04-11-2009 | 07:09 PM
jammy86
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by fuzzy
Ł10 +vat? its not going to break the bank after spending Ł20K+ but its not very customer friendly for sure.
its not going to break the bank, no, but its Fords fault, so why after paying all that money for a new car, does he have to pay more for them to put it to how it should have been in the first place??

JAmes.
Old 04-11-2009 | 07:24 PM
rsbyrne
Virgin

Originally Posted by Ebonycossie4x4
What more can they do other than Give you a full refund...

I agree they have took too long to offer it so maybe a small good will gesture would be nice but they have offered youre money back so take it and buy something else.

Id rather buy a year old one than a bodged up repainted new one.

I understand what you are saying however all I ever wanted them to do was to replace the vehicle like for like.
I didnt want my money back. These vans are a nightmare to get hold of.
I even asked FORD if they would do me a deal on a new van. I would pay another Ł3000 if they would pay the other Ł2000, they bluntly refussed.

If you had purchased something that was a limited edition but damaged and could not replace it without spending another Ł5000 on a like for like basis I think you would proberly feel the same.
Old 04-11-2009 | 07:36 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by rsbyrne
we were under the impression that the vehicle could be repaired without using filler or removing panels ect.
If they weren't going to replace panels or use filler, how did you think they were going to repair a whole side and three doors?

New vehicles do get damaged before delivery and customers are never told in probably 99% of these cases, but at least the repairs are normally done correctly. They will no doubt claim that you had the van for two weeks and you may have done the damage and are now trying to get your money back - don't wear that for a second.

Based on what you have said I agree that the van is unacceptable and should be rejected outright. I also think that Ford and the dealer have been shameful and, to be honest, I would have taken the money and ran away at the very first opportunity - apart from anything else there are better vans than the Transit nowadays - the current model just isn't enjoying a good reputation for reliability.

If they really have revoked that offer, get in touch with your local Trading Standards Office (they will come under your council in the phone book).

They will be able to see if there is a record of complaints against the dealer, and should advise you on your rights to reject the van. Armed with that info, speak to your retailer - remember that there is NO contract between you and Ford Motor Company, warranty or not, and it is the retailer you have to go after. I don't know enough about English courts and whether a case raised in the Small Claims Court would come close to the price of the van but, again, the TSO will be able to advise.

Good luck.
Old 04-11-2009 | 07:53 PM
focusv8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Get some vinyl stickers made up along the lines of;

"Don't but Ford Vans from Peoples they sell brand new ones that have been badly repaired"

Stick them on the van, go to Peoples park in a highly visible spot and ask if they've changed their mind (don't mention the stickers, some one will spot them).

If they don't change their mind, leave the stickers on and drive around and go to shows as well.

Old 04-11-2009 | 07:56 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Deffo get on to trading standards. Small claimns court won't help as I think that only goes up to claims of Ł5k (although I wait to be corrected).

I would be spitting feathers and from how it was parked I would say they knew full well it was a shonker they were palming off.
Old 04-11-2009 | 08:00 PM
rsbyrne
Virgin

Originally Posted by Iain Mac
If they weren't going to replace panels or use filler, how did you think they were going to repair a whole side and three doors?

New vehicles do get damaged before delivery and customers are never told in probably 99% of these cases, but at least the repairs are normally done correctly. They will no doubt claim that you had the van for two weeks and you may have done the damage and are now trying to get your money back - don't wear that for a second.

Based on what you have said I agree that the van is unacceptable and should be rejected outright. I also think that Ford and the dealer have been shameful and, to be honest, I would have taken the money and ran away at the very first opportunity - apart from anything else there are better vans than the Transit nowadays - the current model just isn't enjoying a good reputation for reliability.

If they really have revoked that offer, get in touch with your local Trading Standards Office (they will come under your council in the phone book).

They will be able to see if there is a record of complaints against the dealer, and should advise you on your rights to reject the van. Armed with that info, speak to your retailer - remember that there is NO contract between you and Ford Motor Company, warranty or not, and it is the retailer you have to go after. I don't know enough about English courts and whether a case raised in the Small Claims Court would come close to the price of the van but, again, the TSO will be able to advise.

Good luck.
Trading Standards will not give me any information as we are a business and small claims court is not an option as the van was Ł17500.
I realy dont know how I expected them to repair it but I kept asking them how they were going to fix it, and they told me it was none of my business,and that it is between them and ford warranty not me.
I will be contacting the dealership again and telling them as they lied and put me back in the postion I was in weeks ago I want my money back.
HONESTLY though I think that oppertunity has passed.
I just cant believe the way FORD treat their customers especialy in the current climate.

Old 04-11-2009 | 08:03 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Think you'll find the issue is more with the dealership being a bunch of charletons. Get the van sign written and then park it outside the dealership
Old 04-11-2009 | 08:21 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by rsbyrne
Trading Standards will not give me any information as we are a business
I didn't think your status should be of any concern to TSO - their interest is supposed to lie in protecting customers from rogue traders.
Old 04-11-2009 | 09:00 PM
KregRS
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Oranoco
Think you'll find the issue is more with the dealership being a bunch of charletons. Get the van sign written and then park it outside the dealership
I agree, I had an issue with a Ford dealer a few years ago, twice actually, with 2 used cars bought from them. In both cases I involved Ford head office after the dealer took the piss with repairs and warranty, the first issue that the dealer had taken 9 weeks to attempt to get out of was resolved in 2hrs. Getting them involved soon wiped the smile off the smug bastard salesmans face, turned up to drop the car off to have work done, refused to give me a courtesy car, so threatened another call to head office and drove away with the sales managers car for the day. EMG in Bury St Edmunds were the dealers, now no longer a Ford dealer tho.
Old 04-11-2009 | 09:07 PM
Rsmat
300+

well im in the same boat really pissed off as i put 11k down deposit on a new focus rs and i wont get it till april next year and the ford garage have not been helpfull atall i gave the sales guy a call regarding i wanted the lux pack 2 and it took the a week to get back to ma and that was only cos i rang up complaining nearly 30k on a car and they treat ya like this its not on! if i didnt like that car as much as i do i would have gone bought a audi.
Old 04-11-2009 | 09:08 PM
obrutsr09
PassionFord Regular

Cool

SPEAK TO FORD UK, they are the people above the dealerships, number should be in manuals
Old 04-11-2009 | 09:11 PM
Rsmat
300+

yea think i will mate cheers.

Last edited by Rsmat; 04-11-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-11-2009 | 11:00 AM
rsbyrne
Virgin

We have been told that ford have stopped production of the Focus Rs. They are trying to resolve the problems with the Heat shield coming off ,the rear spoiler comes off and the body mouldings are the wrong colour. There was 4 in Furrows the other day having warrenty work done. A friend of ours is still waiting for his and they keep putting it back he was supposed to have his last month but has been told March next year now.
Old 05-11-2009 | 11:23 AM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

There is only one solution for cases like this, go and have a word with a good solicitor... Take things up a notch as you are clearly getting nowhere with it.

End of the day you have a van that is accident damaged and as such the resale value will be affected.
Old 05-11-2009 | 11:48 AM
fiend
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by KregRS
I agree, I had an issue with a Ford dealer a few years ago, twice actually, with 2 used cars bought from them. In both cases I involved Ford head office after the dealer took the piss with repairs and warranty, the first issue that the dealer had taken 9 weeks to attempt to get out of was resolved in 2hrs. Getting them involved soon wiped the smile off the smug bastard salesmans face, turned up to drop the car off to have work done, refused to give me a courtesy car, so threatened another call to head office and drove away with the sales managers car for the day. EMG in Bury St Edmunds were the dealers, now no longer a Ford dealer tho.
There still a Ford dealer!
Old 05-11-2009 | 02:54 PM
KregRS
Advanced PassionFord User

Not in Bury st eds they're not, they lost the francise to Marshalls. EMG in Bury is now a Citroen, Subaru and Chrysler dealer, although have seen a few Fords sitting on their forecourt.

Last edited by KregRS; 05-11-2009 at 02:58 PM.