General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

42 inch plasma

Search this Thread

Old 29-12-2004, 04:24 PM
swerv
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks andy, are there projectors to stay away from??

Old 30-12-2004, 10:52 AM
MAD ANDY
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

two types of projector swerv, LCD and DLP

LCD is pixel based, hence when projecting -very- big ie 82"+ if you have the focus absolutely perfect, perfectionists may notice a slight 'fishnet' effect where the tiny grid seperating the pixels is noticed. Mine is LCD and I cant really see it unless I really try very hard when perfectly focused.

DLP - Digital Light Processing, Texas Instruments answer to LCD which is based on hundreds of thousands of microscopic mirrors that tilt back and forth to reflect red, green and blue (RGB). This for some is the best picture, however some people cant watch DLP projectors/TVs due to their brains! Some peoples brains take in visual information much faster than others, and these people often suffer when watching DLP based vision as they see a 'rainbow' ghosting effect, this flash file shows what its like for anyone who suffers with it (top) where as anyone who doesnt (most of us) would see the bottom:

http://www.dietforum.net/balagee/projected/rainbow.html

hence you could imagine how that could ruin most films being watched on it, therefore before buying a DLP based projector, go see one!

Warren - is that really 32"??? looks smaller unless the draws are big! Impressive hiding the cable in the walls, assume you have plasterboard walls rather than brick which would need chasing