General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Things to think about.....

Search this Thread

Old 27-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Things to think about.....

Probably a repost, but Im sure you can learn to live with that.....

1. More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realise you're wrong.

3. Have you ever been walking down the street and realised that you're going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction from which you came, you have to first do something like check your watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you're crazy by randomly switching directions on the sidewalk.

4. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

5. Is it just me, or are 80% of the people in the "people you may know" feature on Facebook people that I do know, but I deliberately choose not to be friends with?

6. Do you remember when you were a kid, playing Nintendo and it wouldn't work? You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magically fix the problem. Every kid did that, but how did we all know how to fix the problem? There was no internet or message boards or FAQ's. We just figured it out. Today's kids are soft.

7. There is a great need for sarcasm font.

8. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realise I had no idea what the f*** was going on when I first saw it.

9. I think everyone has a movie that they love so much, it actually becomes stressful to watch it with other people. I'll end up wasting 90 minutes shiftily glancing around to confirm that everyone's laughing at the right parts, then making sure I laugh just a little bit harder (and a millisecond earlier) to prove that I'm still the only one who really, really gets it.

10. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

11. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.

12. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

13. LOL has gone from meaning, "laugh out loud" to "I have nothing else to say".

14. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

15. Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart".

16. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear what they said?

17. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars teams up to prevent a dick from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers!

18. Every time I have to spell a word over the phone using 'as in' examples, I will undoubtedly draw a blank and sound like a complete idiot. Today I had to spell my boss's last name to an attorney and said "Yes that's G as in...(10 second lapse)..ummm...Goonies".

19. What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?

20. While driving yesterday I saw a banana peel in the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart.

21. I find it hard to believe there are actually people who get in the shower first and THEN turn on the water.

22. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Trousers ? Trousers never get dirty; you can wear them forever.

23. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

24. Bad decisions make good stories.

25. Whenever I'm Facebook stalking someone and I find out that their profile is public, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning that just got the Red Ryder BB gun that I always wanted. 546 pictures? Don't mind if I do!

26. Why is it that during an ice-breaker, when the whole room has to go around and say their name and where they are from, I get so incredibly nervous? Like I know my name, I know where I'm from, this shouldn't be a problem ..

27. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day.

28. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after DVDs? I don't want to have to restart my collection.

29. There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.

30. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.

31. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this ever.

32. I hate being the one with the remote in a room full of people watching TV. There's so much pressure. 'I love this show, but will they judge me if I keep it on? I bet everyone is wishing we weren't watching this. It's only a matter of time before they all get up and leave the room. Will we still be friends after this?'

33. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Dammit!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?

34. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

35. When I meet a new girl, I'm terrified of mentioning something she hasn't already told me but that I have learned from some light internet stalking.

36. I like all of the music in my iTunes, except when it's on shuffle, then I like about one in every fifteen songs in my iTunes.

37. Why is a school zone 25 km/h? That seems like the optimal cruising speed for paedophiles...

38. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

39. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

40. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, hitting the G-spot, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet my ass everyone can find and push the Snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time every time...

41. My 4-year old son asked me in the car the other day "Dad what would happen if you ran over a ninja?" How the hell do I respond to that?

42. I wonder if cops ever get pis*ed off at the fact that everyone they drive behind obeys the speed limit.

43. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

44. The other night I ordered take away and when I looked in the bag, saw they had included four sets of plastic cutlery. In other words, someone at the restaurant packed my order, took a second to think about it, and then estimated that there must be at least four people eating to require such a large amount of food. Too bad I was eating by myself. There's nothing like being made to feel like a fat ba*tard before dinner
Old 27-10-2009, 01:13 PM
alistairolsen
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 27-10-2009, 01:16 PM
BigErn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some good ones there and most of them apply to me too
Old 27-10-2009, 01:18 PM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Number 6 with the nintendo game i remember that as if it were yesterday
Old 27-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Someone of them I do not the stalking parts though
Old 27-10-2009, 01:24 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

3. Have you ever been walking down the street and realised that you're going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction from which you came, you have to first do something like check your watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you're crazy by randomly switching directions on the sidewalk.

done that many a time!!
Old 27-10-2009, 01:31 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Number 1 sounds a bit like you chip

Trending Topics

Old 27-10-2009, 01:32 PM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most apply to me LOL... Bar the facebook antics
Old 27-10-2009, 01:38 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nintedo one.. I remember that
Old 27-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Chip
11. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
Yep, I do that, everytime
Old 27-10-2009, 01:54 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realise you're wrong.
Not something you've ever experienced though Chip
Old 27-10-2009, 01:57 PM
turbolee
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

some very true to life things in there
Old 27-10-2009, 02:29 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

2 is awesome, its in my email signature now cos its so damn true, heart drops but still never admit it, or claim there was a misunderstanding
19 also very funny
Old 27-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Not something you've ever experienced though Chip
I have been wrong mate
I once thought I had made a mistake, but it turned out that I hadnt
Old 27-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

Chip,

Where,s 45.??

Bought a COSSIE and regreted it
Old 27-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Staffi.
Chip,

Where,s 45.??

Bought a COSSIE and regreted it
Old 27-10-2009, 02:55 PM
.Ross.

46. Jumping into the Passanger seat of a LHD motor (Instead of the drivers seat) ... Then pretending to go through the Glove box and door card so the Aussie passenger doesnt think your an Idiot.
Old 27-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by .Ross.
46. Jumping into the Passanger seat of a LHD motor (Instead of the drivers seat) ... Then pretending to go through the Glove box and door card so the Aussie passenger doesnt think your an Idiot.

So true Ross, i,ve done that many times when i had my E30 M3s.. and going for the belt the otherside too....
Old 27-10-2009, 03:08 PM
.Ross.

Originally Posted by Staffi.

So true Ross, i,ve done that many times when i had my E30 M3s.. and going for the belt the otherside too....
Aye .. Use to happen to me all the time .. Gets to the point where I would wander around .. Go for the door handle, Realise then pretend to look at the side steps or check the paint etc etc.

Would happen more when the old lady was there as she would be rattling on about woman shite and you just switch off.
Old 27-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

They are well mint and are just so right.
Old 27-10-2009, 03:11 PM
orionmojo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

28. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after DVDs? I don't want to have to restart my collection

Amen to that
Old 27-10-2009, 07:42 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

1. More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.
yep, that one definitely applies to you
Old 27-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Dan1281
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

i went shopping today, the shopping i couldnt carry up to my flat in one go is still in the boot, i'll get it tomorrow when i'm next down there
Old 27-10-2009, 07:56 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

number 40 is so true i am a master at that
Old 27-10-2009, 07:57 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Brilliant and so true
Old 27-10-2009, 08:27 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

45: Chip from passionford, you know the geezer who drives a custard coloured sierra has far too much time on his hands

maybe he's having a touch of number 27

Luciano
Old 27-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Chip

Charlie, I only copied and pasted it mate, fuck typing all that lot up, its longer than one of dojj's posts