General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Dogs and their business

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 04:48 PM
TrevCos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Dogs and their business

I've just had a stand up argument about my dog and where he has a crap. Basically he's old now (11) and he can't walk very far, so I just take him down the lane near our house. I let him off the lead because it's very quiet, he's very slow and arthritic, wouldn't hurt a fly, and he's always under my supervision.

He does tend to be very set in his ways and craps in the same places each day, one of which tends to be right by the road outside a long drive to this guys house (who also has a big old german shepherd who I hardly ever see him walk). It's not on his lawn, it's right at the end outside his outer fence.

So this happened today, and I always have lots of bags with me so always clear it all up, as I did today.

Got a bit further down the lane and this guy comes out and starts abusing me loudly about it. I ALWAYS clear it up and I don't choose where the dog craps when he's off the lead.
So I basically abused him back and told him to fook off. And then he threatened me that if the dog ever does it again I'd better watch out. I says 'Or what' because the crabby old sod must be nearly 70, and he says, 'You'll find out'. Maybe he's going to come round and crap on my lawn.
I'm sorry, but I don't take that sort of abuse from silly old sods.
It's not as if I was doing anything wrong, I wouldn't want mess near me so I always clean it up. I even said 'What do you think is in these bags!' and he said he didn't care. How do you make people like that understand, I think they just enjoy being miserable and trying to make others the same.
Just what I needed today.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Put it through his letterbox tonight when hes gone asleep.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Dan F
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ebonycossie4x4
Put it through his letterbox tonight when hes gone asleep.
PMSL, I was going to say the same
Old 12-10-2009, 04:54 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

why not let the dog crap at the end of your garden then take it for a walk?
Old 12-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Red16
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What an old miserable git!

I could understand his anger if he watched your dog do its business and you simply chose to leave it there, but having cleaned it up i cant see what he's whinging about to be honest!
Old 12-10-2009, 04:58 PM
TrevCos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by fuzzy
why not let the dog crap at the end of your garden then take it for a walk?
He's really funny like that. He won't do it at all unless he's happy with the place. He's an ex guide dogs dog and they're taught to do it in particular places. I do get him to do it in the garden so I can pick it up when he's at home but you can't tell a dog where and when to crap.

If I left it there and wrote my name in it then fine, but I always clear it up because I wouldn't want it near my house either.

To be fair, there are a lot of people who go down there who don't clear it up, but I'm not one of them so there's no point abusing me.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:59 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

mate if you are clearing it up id have told him the exact same thing to fuck right off.unreal the amount of people i see who will let there dog do the toilet anywhere and not bother with it.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:01 PM
TrevCos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by stevenebm
mate if you are clearing it up id have told him the exact same thing to fuck right off.unreal the amount of people i see who will let there dog do the toilet anywhere and not bother with it.
I hate seeing dog mess around as much as anyone, in fact it does really tick me off when I do see it, but I am not a culprit. Without strapping a bucket to his harris I can't decide when and where he does it.

Unreal really as he's got a dog of his own, I hardly ever see it walked though, it basically just stands at the gate all day barking whenever anyone walks past. Maybe I should complain about that!

Last edited by TrevCos; 12-10-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Rax
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Put it in a paper bag and set fire to it on his step like in billy madison The miserable old bastard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3pVzO_MQcg
Old 12-10-2009, 05:06 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

nosey old sod with nothing better to do, just like the twat 2 doors down from us. Take no notice
Old 12-10-2009, 05:08 PM
TrevCos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by rax2wdrax
Put it in a paper bag and set fire to it on his step like in billy madison The miserable old bastard.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My dog used to always crap at the same distance from the house right across 2 drive ways and it's embarrasing lol
He's a bit different now but you cant make them shit on demand
Old 12-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rax2wdrax

Old 12-10-2009, 05:20 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

id be a bit pissed of if someone was regularly letting his dog shit at the end of my drive. picking it up doesnt disinfect the rest and i wouldnt want my kids picking up dog shite germs.
the worst are the cunts that use public grassy areas where kids play etc like dog toilets.

Last edited by fuzzy; 12-10-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:22 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

bloke most likely has other people letting their dogs crap and arn't cleaning it up and so is blaming you.

No doubt the dozy old twonk will let his dogs out one day to try and scare you, will end up with them being put down.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:22 PM
dakar
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id be a bit pissed of if someone was regularly letting his dog shit at the end of my drive. picking it up doesnt disinfect the rest and i wouldnt want my kids picking up dog shite germs.
the worst are the cunts that use public grassy areas where kids play etc like dog toilets.

I agree with you there mate,just cos u clean it up still doesnt mean its clean as you say especially where kids play etc, but at least if you clean it up you have made an effort.I cut the grass behind the fence of my garden so my two lads can play football and most people round my way know this and still let there dogs shit allover the fucking place
Old 12-10-2009, 06:51 PM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

get a lolly stuck and spread it under the door handles of his car
i did this to someone who played a joke on me when i was hungover
Old 12-10-2009, 08:17 PM
TrevCos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I'm assuming you don't have a dog? They are very much creatures of habit, even more so as they get older.

Oh well, just telling you what happened. They have no kids but that isn't the issue, I just refuse to be bawled at down the street as if I'm some kind off errant school kid, especially as I make sure that every scrap of it's removed, unlike a lot of other people.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:27 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

get a grip Fuzzy.

Trevcos, you have done what the law requires of you to do and to be honest i would do exactly the same thing, tell him to fook off else.

Theres nothing morally wrong in letting a dog crap if he has to, as long as you pick it up, although if it was inside a kiddys nursery then i would be a bit pissed about it
Old 12-10-2009, 08:32 PM
TrevCos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by st3v3
get a grip Fuzzy.

Trevcos, you have done what the law requires of you to do and to be honest i would do exactly the same thing, tell him to fook off else.

Theres nothing morally wrong in letting a dog crap if he has to, as long as you pick it up, although if it was inside a kiddys nursery then i would be a bit pissed about it
I'll try not to take him to the park and let him sit on a swing and crap.

Oh well, not to worry, you meet these people in life. Several other people have told me what a miserable git he is, and the neighbours must be well fed up with his dog sat outside all day barking every time anyone goes past. The dog always looks really fed up as well.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Well the old bloke needs to chill out,he must have norhing else to worry about.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:14 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You have a couple of options here. If it were me id go round when he's calmed down and explain that your not the one who is leaving it there and you clean it up every time. Him being a dog owner, should understand that you cant make him crap on demand all the time. If that doesnt work, then at least youve gone about it in the right way. Then, if he still moans about it, report him to the rspca as it sounds like his dog is being mistreated if it hardly ever goes out for walks.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:15 PM
TrevCos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Glenny Boy
Well the old bloke needs to chill out,he must have norhing else to worry about.
That's what I thought. If that was all I had to worry about at the moment I'd be a happy man, I'd invite packs of dogs to poo on my lawn, it would be good for the roses.

Poor old doggie, he's got horrendous arthritis and he's got an angry liver tumour as well which isn't operable. And that's just one of the things on my plate at the moment.

Some people are only happy when they're miserable.

Last edited by TrevCos; 12-10-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:39 PM
TrevCos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by S1rst
You have a couple of options here. If it were me id go round when he's calmed down and explain that your not the one who is leaving it there and you clean it up every time. Him being a dog owner, should understand that you cant make him crap on demand all the time. If that doesnt work, then at least youve gone about it in the right way. Then, if he still moans about it, report him to the rspca as it sounds like his dog is being mistreated if it hardly ever goes out for walks.
I honestly can't be bothered going round there mate, he just seems like one of these blokes that you can't reason with. And his house does have a decent sized back garden, so I guess the dog wanders round there. It's a very old German Shepherd, and like my dog, it probably doesn't want to walk far. I'll just leave the bloke in his misery I think. I shan't be letting it affect my life. I've got lots of friends in the village his age but there's always one.

Anyway, it'll soon be time to go up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire. Time to get my mug of Cocoa and get my Jim Jams on. Come on mother, time to go to noddy land.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Rich_bloor
rich_bloor@hotmail.com

you need to get a tesco bag, get your dogs feet through the handles and shove his tail through the little breather holes at the bottom of the bag, then when he shits, theres no mess at all!
Old 12-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Rax
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My dogs are very territorial,the bitch does the ones and twos in one place and my dog the same with number twos but that is in my yard.It promptly gets cleaned up and the paving slabs washed down with the hose and disinfectant,admittedly the dog does like to piss anywhere he can outside but hey he is a dog and that's what dogs doo,I mean do .
If by anychance they do shit in the street/fields obviously it gets picked up,what else can you do ?
I think the only way to stop any dog shitting would be to put a cork up its arse .Anyone is quite welcome to try this method with my dog but when you look at your hand and then look at me as if too say "where the fuck have my fingers gone?" dont blame me.I wouldnt like it and I dont think either of my staffies would.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Dennis_Wiseman
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Tie the bag round the dogs aRSe. That way you dont have to handle it, its shits where it wants and when the grumpy git comes out to moan all you need to do is point to the dangling bag
Old 12-10-2009, 10:33 PM
andy escos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

to true trev a dog craps where ever it wants ,for instance richies (b9kos)dog crapped right out side my garage tonite fook me it stank but good old sailor boy got his polly bag out picked it up & disposed of it properly . as long as its cleaned up tell him to mnd his own business .
Old 12-10-2009, 11:17 PM
studabear
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 206 Likes on 193 Posts

tbh it sounds like he has nothing better to moan about

last monday I was walking our bull terrier he had a shit and started thrashing about, big turd swinging from his arse, he'd been eating grass the day before, so I had the pleasure of pulling the shit encrusted grass from his arse in public

The joy's of dog ownership
Old 13-10-2009, 11:11 AM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

agreed
Old 13-10-2009, 11:45 AM
GTi-R23
The ladies love it French

Miserable old twat with nothing better to do than have a moan about something, the country is full of them.

I understand your frustration at being shouted at, but you're not doing anything wrong so don't worry about it.
Old 13-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

How would you clean it up if it had the runs?
Old 13-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Nick.
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A ladle
Old 13-10-2009, 05:24 PM
TrevCos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RETRO_AL_
I've actually done this before. Get all you can up with a bag, then I've actually been home and got a bucket of water to wash the rest away into the gutter.
Old 13-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Red16
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RETRO_AL_
I carry kitchen roll and nappy bags with me while out walking the dog. To be fair, if a dog is fed the correct diet they should rarely have the runs.
Old 13-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Pick the shit up with the bag and fling it at him. Reality is, you are picking it up and there's nothing else you can do. People going on about germs, it's on the floor, not his kitchen fucking table. Hardly the cleanest of places anyway.

Benni.
Old 13-10-2009, 05:36 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by Benni
Pick the shit up with the bag and fling it at him. Reality is, you are picking it up and there's nothing else you can do. People going on about germs, it's on the floor, not his kitchen fucking table. Hardly the cleanest of places anyway.

Benni.
one day if you ever manage to pull a bird and have kids i look forward to the day you post up a thread about your kid puting their hand in dog shite in the grass.

Last edited by fuzzy; 13-10-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 13-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Originally Posted by Rich_bloor
you need to get a tesco bag, get your dogs feet through the handles and shove his tail through the little breather holes at the bottom of the bag, then when he shits, theres no mess at all!
Apart from the lumps of shit caked into his ass fur. Which will then rub off onto the carpet and soft furnishings. Brilliant idea!!

You stupid fool!
Old 13-10-2009, 05:57 PM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

i'd have opened the bag and put it near his mush to see

on a side note my pup is 5 mths old and i can tell here to shit on demand
cant tell her to calm down when she sees another dog or person tho and shes just been losing her teeth while chewing things, got a few now
Old 13-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Dlatch!
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

i never walk my dog on the pavement because when she craps she still walks along and leaves nuggets everywhere which is a nightmare to clean up

luckily we have loads of woods around my way where the dogs can crap where they like, so i always walk her there as i hate picking up the poo.
what annoys me is people picking it up and then leaving the bags whats the point in that

Quick Reply: Dogs and their business