General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Copyright Question - PF Legal team?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Elvis
Hunka Hunka Burning Love

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Copyright Question - PF Legal team?

Say for arguments sake i Design a T shirt(i will use a t shirt as and example) with some pattern or image i copyright, And then some person starts selling a blatant knock off of my shirt.

How would you enforce this, As anyone can make a T shit, but they have infringed my copyright once they make a copy of my printed design/pattern/logo.

How would you enforce this, what would you serve on someone to make them stop?
Old 10-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My mate used to have his own website selling clothes. He knocked up some t shirts using an evisu logo with the burberry pattern on the logo and sold them off.
Evisu sent a massive writ to his house and handed him his ass on a plate Think he had to pay 10k.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Elvis
Hunka Hunka Burning Love

Originally Posted by Lambchop
My mate used to have his own website selling clothes. He knocked up some t shirts using an evisu logo with the burberry pattern on the logo and sold them off.
Evisu sent a massive writ to his house and handed him his ass on a plate Think he had to pay 10k.
so could i do this to a company myself? i guess it has to be done through solicitors.

I guess writing a letter kindly asking them to stop or legal action WILL be taken should be enough. however if they carry on doing it, then i guess solicitors will have to be used.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:38 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Get the solicitors straight in there. Writing something off your own back could go wrong and you may end up more in the shit.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Isaac.Hunt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Elvis
Say for arguments sake i Design a T shirt(i will use a t shirt as and example) with some pattern or image i copyright, And then some person starts selling a blatant knock off of my shirt.

How would you enforce this, As anyone can make a T shit, but they have infringed my copyright once they make a copy of my printed design/pattern/logo.

How would you enforce this, what would you serve on someone to make them stop?
Have you made an prior arrangements to show that you are in fact the copyright holder? I.e can you prove that you made the original design before they did? If not you're potentially in for somewhat of a struggle.

Probably the best bet is to get in touch with a solicitor and get them to write a letter informing the other party to desist.

If the other party continues to infringe on your copyright then I only hope you have adequate evidence to show you are the copyright holder and also that you have deep pockets. Claiming copyright/Owning copyright and enforcing it are two very seperate things.

Have a look at the IPO's website - it should give you some furhter information that may help you.