General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

make of break time for the fiesta

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 04:38 PM
andy130
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy make of break time for the fiesta

ok most of you know i own a frst if you's have been reading my posts lately iv been having bother with water rising, got hot quick,turbo letting go, smoke coming out of breather, brakes ect, then its all going great and now the turbo has started smoking after a man i bnought it from telling me there no play attal in it when i got it a lot of in and out play, my last one was bought from a TRADER on here i paid £90 for the dam thing told it dont smoke once started it smoked like hell now it come to fix or break time am not posting on here so poeple can feel sorry for me, i want to know should i fix or not? yes or no?
this is the things it needs
brakes fixing
release bearing
turbo
shocks
setting up
fuel pump

i waning heard what u think i should do, thanks
Old 02-10-2009, 04:57 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

i spent several thousand pounds on my conversion. unfortunatly i had the same sorts of problems as you along with worse.i had turbo issues but gave up with second hand and recon as they were nothing but expensive mistakes.£90 isnt much for a turbo. mine cost me £800 twice. i bit the bullet and bought a brand new turbo from a reputable source and ive had no issues since. i ended up spending a couple of grand more to get the other things sweet as once youve gone so far its more of a waste to give up than see it through. no point being in denial though and trying all the quick fixes. its usually the worst case scenario causing the problems and sorting one can often lead to others.
its sweet when you finally iron out all the problems though.

Last edited by fuzzy; 02-10-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:00 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you sure its not lots of oil in the exhaust from previous turbo failure making it smoke? will take a while to clear, good run up the motorway!
Old 02-10-2009, 05:10 PM
andy130
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i cant say i know what u mean cause i dont, i spent 3k on this car,thats a shit load of money for a 17 year old boy to be spending on a car,
Old 02-10-2009, 05:14 PM
B19 JUB
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

stick with it fella.it will be worth it in the end.ive spent two years collecting parts for my turbo conversion.finally had it on the road.have done 2000 miles and now i have an almighty knocking from the block which ill have to strip at the weekend.its all the joys of being a car enthusiast
Old 02-10-2009, 05:18 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea I'd stick with it mate... I know its a ball ache, but the jobs you've listed aren't tooooo serious, just require some time and a bit of cash to sort out.

Only time I'd recommend breaking a car is if you've spent MEGA money building it and want to get some decent cash back from it... or if the shell is shagged beyond economical repair.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 02-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Micky
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trying to fix it on the cheap with 2nd hand stuff will always end in tears.If you aint got the cash to fix it correctly with proper new parts just break it and get a few quid back into your pocket. Plus at 17 yrs old,you've made the mistake early in life of fixing RS's on the cheap,you've learned a lesson and have the rest the off youre life to do it right the 1st time from now on!! All the best,Micky
Old 02-10-2009, 07:24 PM
sidewaysdave
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stick with it mate i have had the same luck with my saf, you name it its been repaired or replaced, i nearly gave up with it a few times but now 3 years down the line im using it and enjoying it. if you sell it you will only end up wanting another! once the bug bites theres no going back!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:38 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by andy130
i cant say i know what u mean cause i dont, i spent 3k on this car,thats a shit load of money for a 17 year old boy to be spending on a car,

If your old turbo let go, it's going to of put oil in ure exhaust.
you've fitted another turbo, fired the car up and it smokes.....could be the oil in ure exhaust from previous turbo failure, NOT your new turbo.

Fiesta's have a habbit of smoking at idle, you need to get vacuum in the crankcase at idle. check the breather is clean.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:53 PM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

buy a new turbo mate, i did with my fiesta rs turbo and have had no problems! £600 well spent, also get your oil return in your sump!

i made the mistake of getting my refurbed by g,b pizza solutions, smoked and leaked like hell as soon as i fitted it! had to fight for a year to get my money back!

Last edited by paceo; 02-10-2009 at 07:54 PM.