General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Does "The Sun" control who is in power?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Elwood
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lambchop
What does that then mean?
To spoil a paper, means to write a large X or similar across the paper - meaning "I've taken the time to vote, but the choices are all crap, therefore, I don't want to vote for any of you".

The Sun has some degree of sway over the working class and the sub-working class - that's the kind of person it's aimed at with the biased stories and "irritating loudmouth-down-the-pub" opinions. Unfortunately, it seems these socio-economic groups are easily led and can't make up their mind (or as mentioned above, are too lazy to).

Read a more upmarket paper and the difference is clear.

So no, I don't think that the Sun controls which political party are in power. I'd personally like to see a party emerge that puts common sense above all else, tears up the human rights act and ignores the sway of the courts, who constantly block useful pieces of legislation that would make everyday life that little better for the general populace.