General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Autowatch Car Alarms

Search this Thread

Old 29-09-2009, 11:23 AM
TimC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Autowatch Car Alarms

Any body know much about them? Having a bit of an issue with mine atm think to my dear old mother!

On Sunday she came home from caravaning and im guessing she has tried to start my car to create more space and completly pressed the wrong buttons somewhere down the line, hard to believe considering there is only 2 on the fob.

My problem is the fob is now not doing anything to the car be it unlock, lock, and more importnatly deactivate the imobiliser so I can start it, yet the fobs led is lighting up when a button is pressed.

I dont have a manual to read and im not sure what model it is although ill find out if required as the car is stripped out anyway so have easy access. Any body got any suggestions I can try?

Cheers for any assistance in advance
Old 29-09-2009, 11:41 AM
xr2wishy
Bodger of Blackburn

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

pop the key into the unit and switch off, then back on again a few seconds later.
if that doesn't work, try a local alarm fitting shop, they should be able to help you out.
Old 29-09-2009, 04:03 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try disconnecting the battery, when reconnecting ensure all doors, boot are shut and hold down the bonnet pin switch.
I think but not sure the autowatch was made by the same US co that did cop in a box alarms.
tabetha