General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

How thick can people be?????

Search this Thread

Old 27-09-2009, 12:29 AM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How thick can people be?????

I'll tell you how thick.

Giving a serious tablet to a COPD sufferer which is half the MG it should be

Start from the beginning hey.

My old man suffers from COPD which in simple terms means only 1/4 of his lungs produce oxygen for his body, they suspect he has had this for years due to having an op very simular to a heart bypass 10 years ago.

Since retiring at 64 (which he didn't want to as he liked his job) his health deteriorated alot, so much so he had to get a machine fitted so he can be on oxygen 18hrs a day. Plus if he drives he has to have a bottle in the car with him.

Now in June this year he was taken bad and taken to hospital as a suspected heart failure, was an extremly tough time for us as we thought this would be it as he has already had a mild heart attack once (he thought it was a coughing fit) the ECG (thing thats the name) scan said it was infact a mild heart attack.

Turns out it was heart failure this time round, the kept him in and done tests and changed his medication (over 8 tablets a day).

Just under 2 weeks ago he went for tests, the doc was extremly through with him. She then said a certain tablet he has has to be upped to 3.25mg (up from 2.5mg) These tablets take away fluid from around the heart.

My mother gets the prescription then goes home with the old man. For some reason she checks the new prescription to the old tablet box.

Turns out the tablets he was ment to be having (2.5mg) were infact 1.25mg, now these tablets are in a pack for a month supply. The bastards in the Pharmacy had prescribed him the tablets.

This pissed my mother right off as she now thinks that the Phamacy had mis prescribed them a couple of times.

She then goes down to the pharmacy to have a word while picking up the new ones, she says to them that she is not happy as they are a VERY inportant tablet for my old man. She tells them she will be making a complaint to the Boss (he his in another Phanacy where we live)

She gets his new prescription home and reads through.

All sizes of tablets were correct, apart from on tablet which said it had to be taken oraly through his ear?

Fuckin thick.

So for 1-2 people not checking the prescription that could of resulted to the loss of life of my old man.

Does anyone think their is chance of legal action here? Not in £££ type of way, just so that the Pharmacy can have a head wobble and sort their act out.

Sorry for the rant
Old 27-09-2009, 12:41 AM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

i would go for it mate shit like this needs to be stopped too many complications going on in the nhs my grandad went in with stomach pain and never came out i have no doubt this was due to a fuck up and last time my nana was in with a broken hip they moved her to different wards every fucking day with a broken hip for fucks sake!
Old 27-09-2009, 01:27 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Id imagine there could be serious implications for those who done it. Im sure ellie would know better having worked in a pharmacy.
Old 27-09-2009, 01:30 AM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
Id imagine there could be serious implications for those who done it. Im sure ellie would know better having worked in a pharmacy.
True i await her expertise (then i will disclose the tablet name aswell)
Old 27-09-2009, 02:12 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

phil tbh honest mate i'm not suprised, the nhs are shit never mind the subbies that do the drugs
Old 27-09-2009, 02:33 AM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
phil tbh honest mate i'm not suprised, the nhs are shit never mind the subbies that do the drugs
Thats the thing, the phamacy has been their over 10 years.

I've no disrespect to the docs themselves, just the wrong administation of drugs.

Thats the Pharmacy's fault.
Old 27-09-2009, 02:48 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by wirralphil
Thats the thing, the phamacy has been their over 10 years.

I've no disrespect to the docs themselves, just the wrong administation of drugs.

Thats the Pharmacy's fault.
Is there not a pharmacy watchdog?
Old 27-09-2009, 02:54 AM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

don't know how would you go about looking for this?
Old 27-09-2009, 03:01 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

dont know mate. But there must be something, surely!