General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

A weight loss thread??

Search this Thread

Old 15-09-2009, 01:39 PM
BigErn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A weight loss thread??

Following on from the fat thread which is popular at the moment. There are a few on here, myself included, who are porkers to say the least and are wanting to lose a bit.

I thought there could be a thread just for this and people could offer advice and experiences on how to go about it?? Not sure if anyone agrees it would be a good idea??

I know the basics of eat less, exercise more are a sure fire way of going about it. However often the case of reducing how much you eat is not always the way to do it. WHAT you eat plays a major part in it too. Also Im sure different forms of exercise will have different results too and would be good to hear peoples experiences.

People feel free to come along give their stories, put a couple of pics up if you like and lets try and help each other out for a change.

Please if there are arguments and disputes can we keep them all FACT BASED.
Old 15-09-2009, 01:47 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://passionford.com/forum/fitnes...discussion-47/

Go nuts. Loads of info
Old 15-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

https://passionford.com/forum/fitnes...-pictures.html

BOOOOOOMMMM!!
Go on, tell me how great i am, fatty!!!

Just kidding, it aint easy and as much as I am proud of myself for putting in 110% commitment to losing weight etc, im not proud of getting in that state in the first place, seriously uncool.

As for how it was done... 7 days a week in the gym, 90mins CV sessions each day, one cheat afternoon a week where i ate what i wanted (kept me sane) and lots of willpower to not eat biscuits at work, or drink fizzy juice or alcohol (cut this out for the majority of the time, i did have the odd night on the drink for special family/friends occasions)

Diet looked something like this;

08:00 - 3 egg ommelette and 40g oats in milk
10:00 - protein bar of sorts and 1 boiled egg
12:30 - 200g chicken, 80g cous cous
14:30 - Banana and tin of tuna (small amount of mayo if need be)
17:30 - Gym - 90-100mins cardio
19:30 - 200g chicken, boiled egg and loads of steamed veg

Before bed about 10:30, i'd take in some good fats in the form of a handful of mixed nuts, or a tbsp of peanut butter.

It's a change in lifestyle like i have said on here before... thats where most people fail and go back to being bloaters.

Good luck.
Old 15-09-2009, 02:13 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Ephedrine Hydrochloride, is awsome but does make you "buzz" somewhat.
I lost 3 st in 6 weeks, with it, but stupidly didn't change my eating habits so piled back on.
tabetha
Old 15-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Coldo has hit the nail on the head, losing the weight is only half the battle, unless you then make a lifestyle change, you will just put it straight back on!
Old 15-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by tabetha
I lost 3 st in 6 weeks, with it, but stupidly didn't change my eating habits so piled back on.
tabetha
Thats one of those drugs that "runs you hot" isnt it?
Old 15-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Ellie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by tabetha
tabetha

I dont rate it, there is far better out there, although i dont think we should use this thread to encourage illegal purchasing of drugs.
Old 15-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Matt Evans
Black Country RSOC

Originally Posted by Chip
Thats one of those drugs that "runs you hot" isnt it?
Like a fucked thermostat???
Old 15-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Phil
Jeebus

I lost 1.5 stone in a month just by cutting my cereal down to the recommended portion size (30g), and having a black coffee mid morning to keep me going until lunch. I try to eat fairly healthy for the other meals but still have pub food and the occasional burger/chippy run so no real change there.

That is without any exercise (due to op recovery) and I wasn't really overweight to start with.

Normally I have been going to the gym for years, doing lots of cardio work and only ever seemed to put on weight or stay the same, so I think cutting food down is key rather than doing more exercise.
Old 15-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Shorty
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I find the fitness room very helpful with stuff like this. Also, from talking to Sarah at the weekend (DickoandSarah) she knows what shes on about!

Too add, i have lost 2 stone since i joined the gym. (18 months) 2 simple ingredients to losing weight, eat less and do more.
Old 15-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Matt Evans
Like a fucked thermostat???
Yes mate.

A lot of drugs people take to lose weight literally raise the body temperature, this means you are burning more fat simply because you are radiating more heat (just like you would burn more gas if your thermostat in the house was turned up)

Typically they tend to have psychological side effects though, so fuck taking them personally, I would sooner do what I did last couple of months and just eat less and walk more and lose 1.5 stone healthily than lose the same amount by sitting on my arse taking potentially pschologically harmful drugs.
My body is of moderate importance to me, i wouldnt want to be massively fat, but my mind is THE most important thing I have, and I will never take any drug that risks compromising it!
Old 15-09-2009, 02:43 PM
GTi-R23
The ladies love it French

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah as said, it is a lifestyle change you need to make. In my case, total change of diet and exercise pattern.
Old 15-09-2009, 02:50 PM
supertouring230
Part of the Furniture

ive been taking reductrim 1 a day after dinner time and i ve lost a pound every day lost 14lb in 2 week i know there not for everyone but i feel and look better and it gives me that bit more confidents now to lose more weight only going to take the 30 tabs then 1 every other day to see how it goes
Old 15-09-2009, 03:34 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I put up this thread in fitness room exactly two months ago. I was in a very similar starting position to Coldo and since I've changed my approach and attitude to it all, over the past two months, I've lost just over 2 stone in weight. But more importantly, I've lost near 4 inches off my waist and suits which were tight/kept open, are buttoning up with ease now.

I dare say I could go to a strict diet, but I'm not sure I could keep that up initially as its so far removed from what I've been used to for the past few years.. what I'm doing now seems to be working for me; I eat quite normal types of food and make sure that I chow down on good food rather than shitey processed, fried or take away stuff which I used to go for as a quick fix if hungry. In the future, I'm sure I will get to a level where I need to re-work my diet to continue losing weight/building muscle or whatever I want to do.

I swim for 45 mins every night, go for a 90 min walk with my girlfriend and the dogs 3 or 4 times a week and will spend a 45 min session in the gym on cross trainer, bike, basic weights 2 or 3 times a week before going for my 45 min swim. When I put my thread up 2 months ago, I had just changed my routine from going for a 60 min walk with the dog twice a week but still eating reasonably unhealthily so unsurprisingly, not making much impact!!

I've still got a long way to go, but I'm plodding along nicely at the moment and its slowly burning off which is what I wanted.

Cheers,
Grant

Last edited by RS Grant; 15-09-2009 at 03:37 PM. Reason: bahd speelung
Old 15-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Chip

Grant. I think that NOT getting carried away trying to go into the perfect diet and perfect exercise regime straight away is key.

When I mentioned what I was doing on here (cut down on food but still not really a properly constructed diet, and 6 miles or more of walking a day) everyone was giving me suggestions of what I should have done instead etc, and they were correct im sure, but the difference is that I stuck to what I did, and achieved my target.
I started at 15 stone 9
I set myself a target range of 14 0 to 14 7, I ended up on 14'2 in 6 weeks, a lost of 21 pounds.

The key thing to any regime people do, is that they have to be capable of sticking to it, its no good being unrealistic.

I havent decided what I am doing next, im actually relatively happy at this weight but have decided to do a bit of gym just to try and get a little fitter, but im no longer on a diet, im being a little more careful than I was before I started, but not a huge amount.

Last edited by Chip; 15-09-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 15-09-2009, 03:42 PM
BigErn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Coldo you skinny cunt you are awesome!!!

I know its a lifestyle change, thats what a lot of peope dont realise. All these "diets" that dont work and then people moan. Thats the whole reason, you dont GO ON a DIET you CHANGE your DIET. Its totally different. And those who say I never stop all day yet I dont lose weight. There is a difference between physically working your body and getting your heart pumping hard to just being on your feet, moving about a bit and sweating. This is the kind of thing I wanted to try and help people realise in this thread along with people offering diet advice and exercise advice. Yes I know there is a fitness room but more folk look in GD who may never venture elsewhere so may get more input.

I have always been a porky lad, solely due to filling my face with crap. As a young un I got into pedal bikes and BMX ing, which helped me lose a bit in my early teens and I levelled out to being a bit of a fatty rather than the heiffer I was.

At 15 I discovered the gym after school and used to spend a couple of hours a night in there lifting weights and hammering the rowing machines and steppers. Treadmills used to hurt my moobs so stayed away from them

This continued for around 2 years and I got into a pretty reasonable shape. I then started my first job and stopped training for a while. After a couple of years off and another job later I started to train straight after work with a lad I worked with. For 2 years solid we trained an hour a session, 5 days a week. My diet wasnt fantastic and I never changed it much but a couple of minor tweaks and hard training left me at 19st 13lb, 56" chest, 20.5" arms and a 36" waist. Granted I was never a perfectly defined adonis but I was in pretty good shape in comparison to how I have been for the rest of my life.

Now for various health, job and now laziness, reasons I have took a massive step backwards and have gone back to being the out of shape porker again. Which Im not best amused by.
Old 15-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigErn
Now for various health, job and now laziness, reasons I have took a massive step backwards and have gone back to being the out of shape porker again. Which Im not best amused by.
I know that feeling oh too well...

In fact Chip was kind enough to inform me the other day that i looked "properly fat". Which was nice of him

So, as tomorrow is my first day at uni, it's also going to be my first day of trying not to be "properly fat" anymore
Old 15-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Its Dave
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Will @ M Developments

In fact Chip was kind enough to inform me the other day that i looked "properly fat". Which was nice of him

So, as tomorrow is my first day at uni, it's also going to be my first day of trying not to be "properly fat" anymore

Hint, try to cut down to 1 desert, ordering 2 deserts is just not going to help you
Old 15-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Originally Posted by Its Dave
Hint, try to cut down to 1 desert, ordering 2 deserts is just not going to help you
PMSL - Chip did it first!!!
Old 15-09-2009, 05:00 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

how come i can eat what i want and not put any weight on??i dont go to the gym but take the dog 2 good walks per day but surely this isnt enough considering the crap i can eat.coldos weight loss is unreal.wouldnt recognise him from each pic.
Old 15-09-2009, 05:25 PM
BigErn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

stevenebm, you are one of those who burn off at a fast rate. However as with anyone, if you have a greater intake than you can burn you will get the girthy love handles
Old 15-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Will @ M Developments

Takes people being honest with you to get you to do something about it! My own mother was the main one hassling me

You're fat enough its likely to effect your health, mind you as you smoke, that probably doesnt bother you, but more importantly you will get to fuck less freshers than if you were thinner

Glad to hear you are going to get stuck into sorting it mate

Last edited by Chip; 15-09-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 15-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by stevenebm
how come i can eat what i want and not put any weight on??i dont go to the gym but take the dog 2 good walks per day but surely this isnt enough considering the crap i can eat.coldos weight loss is unreal.wouldnt recognise him from each pic.
You can eat what you want for a combination of reasons, the main one though is that what you want isnt excessive I would imagine.

Post up what you typically eat in an average day out of interest please mate

You'll probably find your ability to eat without piling on pounds goes down as you get older as well, it did for me, I was skinny until well into my 20s.
Old 15-09-2009, 05:39 PM
BigErn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Takes people being honest with you to get you to do something about it!
So very true Chip, too often you hear folk sayin things like "your fine as you are" or the like so they dont hurt peoples feelings.
A mate of mine hates his the fact his girlfriend had piled the weight on but wont tell her. Instead he just moans at us about it.

more importantly you will get to fuck less freshers than if you were thinner
Old 15-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by BigErn
So very true Chip, too often you hear folk sayin things like "your fine as you are" or the like so they dont hurt peoples feelings.
A mate of mine hates his the fact his girlfriend had piled the weight on but wont tell her. Instead he just moans at us about it.
If she doesnt love him enough to stay sexy for him, then he should start to fuck her sister and mates really, its only fair.
Old 15-09-2009, 05:57 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

i just went to write out actually what i eat during the week and its not bad atall.the weekend just consists of junk food.chinese.indian.ice cream and loads of crisps etc for dvds.prob how active i am during the week makes up for the crap at the weekend.no doubt when i hit 30 i might start to put more on as i can defo see a small differance from when i was 20.now 26 but prob half a stone heavier.
Old 15-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by stevenebm
i just went to write out actually what i eat during the week and its not bad atall.the weekend just consists of junk food.chinese.indian.ice cream and loads of crisps etc for dvds.prob how active i am during the week makes up for the crap at the weekend.no doubt when i hit 30 i might start to put more on as i can defo see a small differance from when i was 20.now 26 but prob half a stone heavier.
Being active certainly makes a massive difference.

Different people do have different metabolisms, I'm one of the lucky ones, I find it relatively hard to put on weight and relatively easy to lose, the only reason I was 15 stone 9 was because I totally fucking absused my body with a minimum of 4K calories a day every day for years and not enough exercise.
No excuses, no medical problems, I was just far too fucking lazy and far too fucking greedy, same as most fat cunts who will actually own up and admit it
Old 15-09-2009, 06:00 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Quite an interesting vid. 365 days of eating well and training I guess

http://www.break.com/index/365-days-of-exercise.html
Old 15-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

pmsl, i need to loose a few pounds, or 2 stone lol

im knocking on 13st7, but when i left fast ford a 18 months ago i was 15st and a right fat cunt for it

new job is much more active so i think thats where i have managed to loose a bit. but i still need to loose more!

my diet isnt exactly great tho, and thats the biggist change i need to make. with work tho, going to the gym is out of the question and i have a little lad too, so no time in the evenings
Old 15-09-2009, 07:14 PM
bigchez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I kept this updated last year:

https://passionford.com/forum/fitnes...the-gurus.html

Went from 19st something to 14 8 last year, but was too skinny.

Gave up smoking this year and gained a stone and a half which I lost again, and have done few months heavy weight training for the rugby season. Back up to 17st now, but little flab.

My main demon is beer, and then eating like a cunt when I'm drunk!!

As an ex fat bastard, ex smoker, ex this that and the other I can say that losing weight is like giving up anything else, if you really want it you'll do it. Eat and drink less, move more.
Old 15-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Shorty
I find the fitness room very helpful with stuff like this. Also, from talking to Sarah at the weekend (DickoandSarah) she knows what shes on about!
Why thankyou, ill probably get told off for trading if i offer advice on here

Sarah
Old 15-09-2009, 08:01 PM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Right it's simple, Join a gym do the first 2 weeks cardio 3 days a week 30mins max.

then hit the weights for 2 weeks low weight 15 reps and set.

after a month hit the heavier weights 10reps a set, start hitting the protien hard.

you will start to build musel and the fat will drop off. The more musel mass you have the more you burn just doing day to things. but you must keep working on the musel and hitting the protien