General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

If you could move to a different country were would you go ?

Search this Thread

Old 14-09-2009, 09:26 PM
rs1072
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you could move to a different country were would you go ?

And why ?

Just thinking ?

Last edited by rs1072; 14-09-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 14-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Germany, Sweden or Norway.

Am quite happy here though, but would hate to live in one of this country's big towns or cities
Old 14-09-2009, 09:28 PM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oz, right now, weird but i liked alice springs
Old 14-09-2009, 09:31 PM
yes that is my head

mexico

reson= latino women
Old 14-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Mk1-stu
Patronus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to go somewhere, where the amount of money you have doesn't define who you are.

oh and somewhere that it doesn't rain too often would be nice too - i was thinking either the moon or mars perhaps.
Old 14-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Originally Posted by Mk1-stu
I'd like to go somewhere, where the amount of money you have doesn't define who you are.
Try England.

Lovely place!
Old 14-09-2009, 09:33 PM
TimC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have no idea why but Hawai, Miami or Cali. Never been to any though but plan to visit them in a few years time.
Old 14-09-2009, 09:34 PM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 428 Likes on 403 Posts

oz ,i think ,ive never heard anyone say a bad word about the place and anyone i know who,s been would go back in the morning

cheers james
Old 14-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

If it wasnt for the fucked up political climate I would be off to live in capetown, very nearly went but it was just as the trouble really flared up.

Table top mountain behind you, the most awesome sea views in front, fantastic countryside to go and tear through on a motorcross bike, and they even had Mk3 astras over there with a c20let engine as standard!

If things there ever settle down, I would still like to move there.
Old 14-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by james kiely
oz ,i think ,ive never heard anyone say a bad word about the place and anyone i know who,s been would go back in the morning

cheers james

So how come all the fucking ozzies are all over here
Old 14-09-2009, 09:37 PM
airbrushfx
PassionFord Regular

Florida, as i'm on holiday here as i type as my parents have just moved here! lucky lucky .......................... lol
Old 14-09-2009, 09:43 PM
ethans-dad
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

i've a house in lanzarote, and moving over there in a few years. not a spectacular place, but better, and cheaper than here imo.
Old 14-09-2009, 09:44 PM
pacwest
Puller of the Wrench

I'd move to the UK in a heartbeat.

Close to so much by air. Yet isloated from many things. You can drive ANY car you want, great motorsport facilities and events year round. Cracking good TV too.

Nightlife is amazing. Lots of history and culture to take in if you want. Debauchery is one step away. I dunno, the UK just seems to have it's shit togther on so many levels.

Here in Canada I get rednecks everywhere. Miles of endlessly boring roads that I have to drive a neutered Toyota, Chevy or Ford on. It's damn cold too. BUT - i used to live in Turks & Caicos and moved back to Canada so I can;t bitch too much. I like it here but if I was suddenly single and had no mortgage I'd be on the first plane.

I'd push a mop if I had to.
Old 14-09-2009, 09:49 PM
nigel b
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

it would have to be america or canada with mountains close by
Old 14-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
So how come all the fucking ozzies are all over here
More opportunities.

Id move there if i wasn't so close to family!
Old 14-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by ethans-dad
i've a house in lanzarote, and moving over there in a few years. not a spectacular place, but better, and cheaper than here imo.

NICE, its my favorite of the canary islands, going for just a week in December, would love to have a place out there, would float back and fourth to the UK all the time flights are so cheep.

As for where dont think i could permently leave the UK, no where else offers so much that suits me as the UK

Last edited by Fil; 14-09-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 14-09-2009, 11:26 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Chip
If it wasnt for the fucked up political climate I would be off to live in capetown, very nearly went but it was just as the trouble really flared up.

Table top mountain behind you, the most awesome sea views in front, fantastic countryside to go and tear through on a motorcross bike, and they even had Mk3 astras over there with a c20let engine as standard!

If things there ever settle down, I would still like to move there.
snap dude!

always liked S.A. plus my ex who left me was from there, portugese southy and since developed this thing about south africa in the hope i'll find an identical girl, but the scenery is to die for.

would deffo not settle in europe if i left u.k. tho, new zealand may be. But id always miss u.k.
Old 14-09-2009, 11:48 PM
SuperStoker
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Originally Posted by pacwest

Close to so much by air. Yet isloated from many things. You can drive ANY car you want, great motorsport facilities and events year round. Cracking good TV too.

Nightlife is amazing. Lots of history and culture to take in if you want. Debauchery is one step away. I dunno, the UK just seems to have it's shit togther on so many levels.

Here in Canada I get rednecks everywhere. Miles of endlessly boring roads that I have to drive a neutered Toyota, Chevy or Ford on. It's damn cold too. BUT - i used to live in Turks & Caicos and moved back to Canada so I can;t bitch too much. I like it here but if I was suddenly single and had no mortgage I'd be on the first plane.

agreed.. people move to canada/australia/NZ and a lot (around half i'm led to believe) end up coming back because they soon realise a change of scenery doesn't fix whatever personal or relationship problems they are running away from. England is a great country, yes we have our problems but so does every other country. You can get a sleazyjet to most of europe for pennies and take in the best arts/culture the world has to offer.

or would you rather live in a sparsely populated, ridiculously hot desert on the other side of the world away from your friends, family and everything you know and love where you are the "immigrant"?

it would be nice to have a place in another country for holidays/winter though and if i had the choice i'd have a place in the south of france.
Old 14-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Either the middle of a forest in Norway - completely desolate and remote, miles from anyone or anything. Pure peace.

Or a mountain shack in the Canadian Rockies. Same reason as above.

But if you couldn't get hi speed internet in either of those places, I'd move to NYC and become a pimp
Old 15-09-2009, 01:00 AM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

good post, always good to hear from those who have left the country.

thanx
Old 15-09-2009, 01:07 AM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

Melbourne Australia. its a clean nice version of here
Old 15-09-2009, 03:05 AM
Dub604
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

England in a heartbeat!!!

Moved abroad a year or so ago, Canada is okay, but its very behind the times, and people are all self obsessed beligerant wankers (mostly). theres this "im from the west coast" attitude.

there is a major drug and crime epidemic, car insurance is through the roof as theres only one company, petrol is expensive and everything is soooo far apart, it rains 10 months of the year, employees have no rights..... the list goes on.

Everyone always wants to leave England because of the problems and the government importing foriegners..... but they get to wherever and discover that England wasnt that bad because theres the same problems and now they are the foriegner.....
Old 15-09-2009, 03:48 AM
gareths09
Part of the Furniture

I moved from England to Dallas to Seattle and love living here in Seattle. I got the mountians, lakes and sea all on my door step. I have a much better standard of living that I would have had if I had stayed in the UK.
Old 15-09-2009, 09:53 AM
PeterRST
Don't mention ze Vor

I'd move to the UK.

Everytime I'm over there I simply feel like I blend in better with the people than I do over here in Germany.

Mainly because you lot have a much better sense of humour, and also, there's more people who dare to be "different" or even a bit eccentric.

The vanity of some people here in Germany is ridiculous. Everyone, even the working class people, feel the need to walk around in designer cloths (preferably faked ones from Thailand or at least 2nd quality ones from the factory outlet store), with lots of grease in their hair.

After a few promotions (which happen quite quickly because germans are very good at brown-nosing) the average german decides to buy himself a 1.6 Audi A3. Unfortunately he can only afford the one with the smallest engine but that doesn't matter since like all Germans he's terribly shallow and therefore not interest in performance or handling. The only thing that matters to him is that he's got an Audi while his work colleague still only drives a Golf.

I'm really really, sick of this place and all its wannabe top managers and try-hard latin lovers.

So actually... I think the best thing about britain is that you can walk around in a track suit and still be treated like a human...
Old 15-09-2009, 10:06 AM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have tried many countrys OZ, Zimbabwe, SA. ok not that many, but I have lived for more than a year in all of them.

I found brisbane very backward same with SA realy, but was a better place to be.

why am I back in England, its just a better place. But I must admit when I retire it will be to Capetown.
Old 15-09-2009, 10:14 AM
chettle
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by james kiely

cheers james
i always wanted to live in Oz untill i went... i just found the place too much like England! Sydney would be worth living in tho i think!

Id move to Thailand... cheap as chips and the place has everything!
Old 15-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

at the moment - San Francisco. This is subject to change though lol
Old 15-09-2009, 10:31 AM
leecavturbo
Advanced PassionFord User

johnny
what job if any did you do?
take wife etc?
Old 15-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Really fancy canada tho the posts on here don't make it sound too appealing going there for an extended break hopefully next year to sus it out
Am basically sick of being a stranger in my home,not seeing much of my kids and chasing money from customers and by the time we decide whether we are going or not house sales should be happening again which would mean we would have little or no mortgage
Would be quite happy stacking shelves if it meant I could spend more time with my family tho I know to get in I will hav to take my 'skills' over there with a job offer
Old 15-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Brian ST-2
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Florida, ( lovely way of life, well experienced from a visiting point of view ) Alberta in Canada ( one of the most beautiful and desolate areas on the planet and next door to the Rockies ) or back home to Scotland.
Old 15-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Wife lived in medecine hat when her dad was posted there and always saya how much she liked it
What's this about only 1 insurance company and petrol expensive that's news to me as I plan to take my 3dr with me!!!!!
Old 15-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Indonesia for me.
can already speak the language as my girlfriend's from there. could live like a king just on the rental income from my flat in Croydon, weather's great usually, people are great, beautiful women. That said, I suppose the weather can be a bit shitty (including earthquakes etc) and there's a lot of poverty but I love the place.

Last edited by Markb_s1; 15-09-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 15-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Rs1
Advanced PassionFord User

I dont think living in the UK is bad, infact i think its pretty good. If i was too move the only places i'd consider would be New Zealand and Canada, i spend alot of time outdoors, fell running, hiking, biking etc and those two places are excellent for outdoor activity. Just like the north york moors and the lakes but BIGGER.
Old 15-09-2009, 01:08 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

what a great post

alot of people do alot of England bashing, but i have people i know who have moved away and came back to the UK. The grass isnt always greener on the other side

England is a great place to live, you dont have to live in a big city or town, you can live in the "middle of nowhere" and yet still get to places with ease by car.

An American women i used to work with emigrated from Florida and wouldnt go back to America for any amount of money if it meant she could never come back here. All her family come over and also want to emigrate
Old 15-09-2009, 01:13 PM
dingla rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i go the states as mum got house there but been miami few time. love to live there.. sun hot women fast cars an a sweet beach, ow an the nite life good to
Old 15-09-2009, 02:06 PM
5t1g
Shotgun Bunter

If i had enough cash not work, scotland!
Old 15-09-2009, 02:53 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by PeterRST
I'd move to the UK.

Everytime I'm over there I simply feel like I blend in better with the people than I do over here in Germany.

Mainly because you lot have a much better sense of humour, and also, there's more people who dare to be "different" or even a bit eccentric.

The vanity of some people here in Germany is ridiculous. Everyone, even the working class people, feel the need to walk around in designer cloths (preferably faked ones from Thailand or at least 2nd quality ones from the factory outlet store), with lots of grease in their hair.

After a few promotions (which happen quite quickly because germans are very good at brown-nosing) the average german decides to buy himself a 1.6 Audi A3. Unfortunately he can only afford the one with the smallest engine but that doesn't matter since like all Germans he's terribly shallow and therefore not interest in performance or handling. The only thing that matters to him is that he's got an Audi while his work colleague still only drives a Golf.

I'm really really, sick of this place and all its wannabe top managers and try-hard latin lovers.

So actually... I think the best thing about britain is that you can walk around in a track suit and still be treated like a human...
Are you German Peter? If you are, you're written English is excellent

Last edited by LHD220Turbo; 15-09-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 15-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Phil
Jeebus

California, Canada (BC) or maybe somewhere in the Alps...

Somewhere with a proper climate (hot summers, cold snowy winters) and tons of outdoor activities on the doorstep.

The UK isn't bad but its a bit boring!
Old 15-09-2009, 03:12 PM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leecavturbo
johnny
what job if any did you do?
take wife etc?

It was just me on my dod mate, stayed in those countrys before a met the mrs.

did loads of work fitting car alarms and stuff
Old 15-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Rich_bloor
rich_bloor@hotmail.com

I like it here, i just need more money and a bigger house, mabey a faster car. job done!

Quick Reply: If you could move to a different country were would you go ?