General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

FTAO Chip

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone fancy a bum? Not Chip though as he'll want a full proposal including dimensions of my asshole so he can calculate how many fingers he'll need to slide in with his cock for me to feel anything.

I love PassionFord, it keeps me off the streets and makes it look as though I am spending my day on the computer in such a constructive manner.

I think a Passionford without Chimp would be mind numbingly boring and would not include my daily reccomended allowance of numbers.

Love
Me.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:09 AM
cossie350
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

lol brilliant

Thats the third time ive spat drink over my PC reading one of your posts Mr Astley, your going to owe me a monitor soon.

Last edited by cossie350; 03-09-2009 at 02:12 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:34 AM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick Astley
Does anyone fancy a bum? Not Chip though as he'll want a full proposal including dimensions of my asshole so he can calculate how many fingers he'll need to slide in with his cock for me to feel anything.

I love PassionFord, it keeps me off the streets and makes it look as though I am spending my day on the computer in such a constructive manner.

I think a Passionford without Chimp would be mind numbingly boring and would not include my daily reccomended allowance of numbers.

Love
Me.
Fuckin pissed my self at that

Can see where the PF builders are coming from, but can also see that if the owner is happy with it and feels safe to be under the roof then so be it.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:56 AM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

chip,

on my garage 8m x 5m i have 9"x2" beams over the 5m span, and they are about 1m spacing

i have had several inch's of snow on them and i've had several peoepl walking on them

just giving what my mate (builder) wanted me to fit when he was doing it
Old 03-09-2009, 10:00 AM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Alan_D
So because the guy was giving his honest opinion as opposed to saying how lovely he thought it was like everyone else, you would suddenly not want him to have work? If that's not pety I don't know what is.
Alan, read again please i never said that at all. My reasons were for personal insults. He seems to know the score yes but chucking insults towards people helping out is pety in my eyes. Also Chip locked his thred so that should have been that, but Lee had to start a new thread to carry it on. All very petty and not looking very profesional on his part for someone who seems toi be very work proud.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:08 AM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by POPEYE
Looks like the old boy needs a good hair cut aswell
Old 03-09-2009, 10:26 AM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

If It were my money, I would have bought 2 of these, modified them slightly so they fit together either side by side or one behind the other, you will then have a huge either 40' x 10' space or 20' x 20' space to work in, you could have built them in a long weekend, and they will still be standing in 20 years.

http://www.waltons.co.uk/001Modularworkshop

Oh, and it will be a damn sight cheaper too!
Old 03-09-2009, 10:37 AM
dunketh
Chief Iron Oxide Farmer.

All this banter about a thread I cant even find.
Has it been moved somewhere for fear or scarring our fragile little minds?

Shame as I like big building projects. I know fuck all about building myself but love to see it. Grand Designs et.al...
Rough farm-type stuff is even better, where necessity is the mother of bodging.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:44 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dunketh
All this banter about a thread I cant even find.
Has it been moved somewhere for fear or scarring our fragile little minds?
Luckily for you I screengrabbed a pic of the build just in case the thread got locked -

Last edited by DanW@FastFord; 03-09-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Luca
Lukesville

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 03-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

lol at dans pic
Old 03-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Turner RS
Regular Contributor

OMG that picture sums up that whole thread! LOL
Old 03-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Luckily for you I screengrabbed a pic of the build just in case the thread got locked -
I am crying here!!

Benni.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by john
What really got me was the name calling, of possible Chips friends helping in this build. If you Lee, if you were a building inspector slate the build on a profesional basis for the said local council and state, or a second opinion ' Shadrock Dingle '. This to me was pretty offensive plus one or two other posts. Face to face this would not have happned and may have come across to far. Maybe where the thread was locked. Ok slating but getting personal on personal. NO.
Oh lighten up, John, you sound like a bullied child. He clearly looks like Shadrack Dingle on that pic. We have had LOADS of seprated at birth posts on this forum which have been very funny, and ive been the subject of some of the abuse on there and took it all in jest as thats all it is! If id said look at 'this prick' here fixing the timbers then you would have been right, thats name calling and would have been out of order, but he resembles shadrack dingle and therefore my statement stands. You obviously dont work on the sites as you have no idea what having the crack is all about!

Chip is reaping what hes sown over the years on the forum, a bit of harmless piss take, and the building hes created is well worthy of the piss being taken!
Old 03-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Chip
John, Lee's posts did seem somewhat unprofessional for someone who claimed to be replying in a professional capacity, they have nothing of any use to me like some calculations showing how much snow it would or wont take etc, and contain plenty of name calling and bitching, I dont personally mind a bit of bitching and banter, but I at least try to intermingle it with a bit of something I feel will help the person in question generally.
To then drag it on into another thread after that one was shut, seemed even more like he was just desperate to bitch for the sake of it TBH
Like you say, seems out of character for how I have previously pictured Lee, but then I only "know" him from on here and the internet always was a lousy way to assess anyone, lol
Ive never come on PF in a professional capacity Chip. Its a car forum, People know im a builder and i get PMs asking for advice now and then, and i gladly help if i can, but the forum for me is of no use whatsoever other than sometimes there are good debates, like the Jacko one we had, and then sometimes theres some banter like this. I dont use the forum to promote my business. I clearly told you where you had gone worng with the build, you clearly stated you dont care its temp, so to be offended by having the piss ripped out of it is somewhat confusing. The reason i opened another post abnd didnt PM you as i thought it was very cry baby buntins to have the thread locked over a bit of harmless banter. As ive said, you given it plenty in the past and now your taking a bit, just be above it chip, its just a bit of soft!
Old 03-09-2009, 03:43 PM
DazS1Turbo
Advanced PassionFord User

From the man who's shamed and dished out 100’s of know it all arrogant tongue lashings to 100's of people on car forums over the years and when he finally cocks up himself guess what.... he can’t take the heat/shame/banter or whatever you want to call it and locks the thread.

for ONCE you've shown your true colours Chip

The man who's never wrong, not a nice feature in a person

Last edited by DazS1Turbo; 03-09-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by john
Lets hope for his sake he does have a big work load as i'm sure he does by previous posts, hence me thinking of asking. Though i know people all over all counties of yorkshire who are home owners and i would not recomend him to anyone now after pety insults.
Trust me, i DO NOT NEED your recommendations, but thanks for thinking of little me anyway. The building trade is full of this kind of banter so dont expect to find a builder thats different! Good luck in your search
Old 03-09-2009, 03:44 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

a building site without banter and pisstake?
Old 03-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by danneth
a building site without banter and pisstake?
Obviously John knows different!
Old 03-09-2009, 03:58 PM
wozzy
Regular Contributor

bloody brilliant, some posts in this and the original thread have really made me laugh!!! I'm in the building game so feel i'm qualified to comment. Besides its a public forum so why the hell not.

The quality of workman ship ( as lee reynolds rightly points out ) is bloody terrible. certainly not the correct way to do things. I mean come on, who sits an RSJ on a replica of the leaning tower of piza??

After reading these thread the following thoughts spring to mind......

Will the structure fall down and kill someone??... seriously doubt it

Are brazilian slum shacks built to a higher standard??... probably

Has chip spat his dummy out the pram because he's been dug out??...... most definately!!

Its nice not to be wrong most of the time but its gotta happen some times, so closing a thread because the tables have turned on you for once is a bloody childish thing to do. Anyways really made me laugh. When i have my extention built i know who i'll be calling, shadracks shacks ltd!!! lol
Old 03-09-2009, 04:03 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

waaaaaaaaaarrrrrren.

I expect the PF PC brigade will hunt you down for saying Brazilian slum shacks.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:13 PM
DaveZS
Better use my strong hand

Probably the funniest thread I've read on here for a while. Afpmsl at 'shadracks shacks ltd'

I'm actually tempted to make a thread on my house build now.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Mark_w
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by DazS1Turbo
From the man who's shamed and dished out 100’s of know it all arrogant tongue lashings to 100's of people on car forums over the years and when he finally cocks up himself guess what.... he can’t take the heat/shame/banter or whatever you want to call it and locks the thread.

for ONCE you've shown your true colours Chip

The man who's never wrong, not a nice feature in a person
So true Thats why everyone is laughing.. the man who is never wrong, proudly showing one of the most bodged buildings ever seen. If this was a car build by someone else,he would be ripping into it with his sheep His last word this time is not the annoying continuous bollocks until people give up, he cannot handle the heat and has quit

Last edited by Mark_w; 03-09-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by wozzy
I mean come on, who sits an RSJ on a replica of the leaning tower of piza??
That made me laugh
Old 03-09-2009, 05:46 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mark_w
So true Thats why everyone is laughing.. the man who is never wrong, proudly showing one of the most bodged buildings ever seen.
To be fair he knows what it is, what it's cost, how long it needs to last, and it's good enough for what he wants.
Can't see it falling down in a hurry, no doubt be cracks etc as a warning something's on the move anyway if it did.
It's somewhere to keep the rain and wind off for a year or two, which I'd put money on it doing.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Mark_w
So true Thats why everyone is laughing.. the man who is never wrong, proudly showing one of the most bodged buildings ever seen. If this was a car build by someone else,he would be ripping into it with his sheep His last word this time is not the annoying continuous bollocks until people give up, he cannot handle the heat and has quit
Its THE only reason ive carried on with this as i know what chips like and how he would have reacted if the boot was on the other foot! Ive no doubt he will come back one day with his own barrage of FACTS but until then ill laugh at this

PMSL at Shadracks shacks ltd No kidding, i was going to put that pic up again with 'Shadracks Ranshacks' but as i got done off John i didnt bother roflmao
Old 03-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The bit i don't get is building a building "to last a couple of years". That insinuates to me that it'd not really be suitable after that time and be a leathal ticking time bomb.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:01 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

it does seem a lot of work to go to not to do it right in the first place. you wont get specific figures and formulas for the breaking point of a natural grown product unless your buying structural graded timbers and even then theyll only tell you theyve passed a certain level of testing. obviously testing something to destruction then renders it fucking useless as no 2 bits will be the same.the experience and opinion of a time served tradesman who does this sort of work day in day out will count for more than research done by someone that doesnt know anything for sure as i learned during my college years that text book and real life can be miles apart.
they will sag over time which will likely also cause water to collect causing more sagging etc.
so in summary you wont know when theyre going to break until they do

Last edited by fuzzy; 03-09-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Benni.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:13 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

FPMSL at Lee's winning
Old 03-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by wozzy
bloody brilliant, some posts in this and the original thread have really made me laugh!!! I'm in the building game so feel i'm qualified to comment. Besides its a public forum so why the hell not.

The quality of workman ship ( as lee reynolds rightly points out ) is bloody terrible. certainly not the correct way to do things. I mean come on, who sits an RSJ on a replica of the leaning tower of piza??

After reading these thread the following thoughts spring to mind......

Will the structure fall down and kill someone??... seriously doubt it

Are brazilian slum shacks built to a higher standard??... probably

Has chip spat his dummy out the pram because he's been dug out??...... most definately!!

Its nice not to be wrong most of the time but its gotta happen some times, so closing a thread because the tables have turned on you for once is a bloody childish thing to do. Anyways really made me laugh. When i have my extention built i know who i'll be calling, shadracks shacks ltd!!! lol
LOL!! Chipper can give it out but he has proven he isn't the best when on the recieving end.

Funny couple of threads for sure.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Rs Gus
impreza wrx sti version 8

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

its the wonky walls id be worried about
Old 03-09-2009, 06:40 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rs Gus
its the wonky walls id be worried about
....is it Shadrack stealing the copper pipes from the Farmhouse?

Cheers,
Grant
Old 03-09-2009, 08:57 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

i think half the posters in this thread are going to get pm's asking for trading fee's
Old 03-09-2009, 09:05 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

fuck what have i missed.i saw the original thread but didnt look.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:37 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by stevenebm
fuck what have i missed.i saw the original thread but didnt look.
chip is building a workshop
well, chips assciates are building the workshop
chips posted some pics up of the progress
the pictures show some "interesting" blockwork amongst other things
chip doens't give a shit
peole have slagged him off
chips gone home with his ball
everyone else is now taking the piss

there are some other aspects to it involving some charachter from emberdale farm and lee has lost any business he was going to get from johns mum, but you'd really have to read the thread for that

and don't forget dan's helpfull pictures illustrating who and what and hwo things have been progressing
Old 03-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by dojj
chip is building a workshop
well, chips assciates are building the workshop
chips posted some pics up of the progress
the pictures show some "interesting" blockwork amongst other things
chip doens't give a shit
peole have slagged him off
everyone else is now taking the piss

there are some other aspects to it involving some charachter from emberdale farm and lee has lost any business he was going to get from johns mum, but you'd really have to read the thread for that

and don't forget dan's helpfull pictures illustrating who and what and hwo things have been progressing
Fpmsl @ Your summary. Some would say it's just as well he took his ball home. Kicking that about in their could have led to a serious injury.

Benni.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Benni
Fpmsl @ Your summary. Some would say it's just as well he took his ball home. Kicking that about in their could have led to a serious injury.

Benni.
I wasnt going to reply anymore but lmfao
Old 03-09-2009, 09:47 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cant beleive i have JUST spotted this thread and Chip getting the arse,pmsl.....love it

"Team Lee" for me

PMSL @ Some people saying..."I was going to reccomend Lee to so and so....But not now he has typed something on the internet"

Im sure you wont sleep tonight Lee............
Old 03-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by dojj
people have slagged him off
I don't think anyones slagged him off personally, i know i haven't, just the building/work.

Quick Reply: FTAO Chip