General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

celtic fans....

Search this Thread

Old 26-08-2009, 08:33 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts
Default celtic fans....

...do you still think your team has something to offer the english premiership or has it sunk in your just big fish in a small pond ?
Old 26-08-2009, 08:48 PM
RobL
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzzy
...do you still think your team has something to offer the english premiership or has it sunk in your just big fish in a small pond ?
you mean small fish in big pond?
Old 26-08-2009, 08:49 PM
RobL

Originally Posted by fuzzy
you mean small fish in big pond?
edit
ignore me i got it now
Old 26-08-2009, 08:56 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fuzzy use that wee peanut you call a brain!!

Cant even be bothered to explain it all!

do the maths!
Old 26-08-2009, 08:57 PM
p.cressie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

They were unlucky with the two goals at Celtic park. The pen was a bit generous too. Don't think they'd finish any higher than mid table, if that!

Last edited by p.cressie; 26-08-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Old 26-08-2009, 08:58 PM
GTi-R23
The ladies love it French

Penalty was a shocker, thought they played ok first half. Arsenal are looking really tasty so far this season.
Old 26-08-2009, 08:58 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

no i mean what i wrote.....your big fish in a small pond...use your peanut brains...

Last edited by fuzzy; 26-08-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 26-08-2009, 09:02 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by rabmc
Fuzzy use that wee peanut you call a brain!!

Cant even be bothered to explain it all!

do the maths!
what maths is that? beaten home and away with 5 goals against and 1 goal for? if you cant raise it for the big one off events what chance is there on a wet wednesday on league business?
Old 26-08-2009, 09:11 PM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

And hearts are doing brilliant so far aint they lol they are utter shite
Old 26-08-2009, 10:59 PM
KnoxyGtt
T34 just kicked in Yo

He means a big team in a small league as to if celtic where to compete down south it would be a small team in a big league
Old 26-08-2009, 11:34 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont have a great interest in football really, but Celtics goal was pretty special.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 27-08-2009, 12:11 AM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

bitter jambo spouting bileignore .
Old 27-08-2009, 01:51 AM
Robski
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

i'm an Arsenal fan and yes we clearly deserved the win over the 2 legs,but the pen was a joke.i think eduardo has had a few private lessons from Ronaldo!
All this prem/SPL gap is deffinatly true,but if they were in the prem with'n 2-3 years,with thier money and following i'm sure they would be in the top 6...atleast....I can't see them and Rangers staying in the SPL for many more seasons.
Old 27-08-2009, 03:40 AM
Jamsy

Originally Posted by Robski
i'm an Arsenal fan and yes we clearly deserved the win over the 2 legs,but the pen was a joke.i think eduardo has had a few private lessons from Ronaldo!
All this prem/SPL gap is deffinatly true,but if they were in the prem with'n 2-3 years,with thier money and following i'm sure they would be in the top 6...atleast....I can't see them and Rangers staying in the SPL for many more seasons.
Some good points there mate. Big gap between the english prem and the two 'big fish' in Scotland now. Rangers & Celtic arent as good as the were a few years ago when Rangers had the likes of Gazza/Laudrup/Hately and Mccoist. Celtic were beating the likes of Liverpool/Blackburn on their way to UEFA cup final and Rangers beat that great team of Leeds Utd home and away in the 'Battle of Britain'. (I can still remember that goal by Hateley from outside the box into the top corner that left Lukic on his back)!

I agree with you that a few seasons in the premiership and we would be consistant top 6 finishers purely on the massive fan base and revenue we could create but I cant see Rangers or Celtic joining the english premiership anytime soon, its been talked about since as long as I can remember!
Im a Rangers fan, dont want to be confused with any o 'them' lol but I have to admit I wanted to see Celtic do well against Arsenal because I work with a few English people who are desperate to put the old firm down at any chance they get. We all know there is a huge gap in class but the gap in finances is much much bigger.

Last edited by Jamsy; 27-08-2009 at 03:48 AM.
Old 27-08-2009, 07:39 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Who are Celtic. Some jumped up little scottish team.
Old 27-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

It's all about turnover people..

Celtic and Rangers had a turnover last year of £62 Million and £55 million repectively. Now the rest of the SPL had a turnover of around 5 million on average.

So, financially then can compete with the big teams in england. The teams they have just now, are good enough to absolutely fucking MULLER the rest of the SHITE teams in the SPL like Hearts, Hibs, St Johnstone etc.... If they moved into the english league, then they'd obviously not be playing with the players they have now. They'd buy decent players and sell the ones they have to the likes of Aberdeen and Motherwell so they could get on with Mullering Hearts and Hibs and St Johnstone. Anyone who can't understand this is stupid.... And anyone who thinks Celtic and Rangers are pish becuase of this ONE result, is a total idiot, as Celtic have beaten Man U, AC Milan, Benfica in the Champions League and no fucker suddenly decided we were amazing and should win it based on those single results. Once again, it's the typical shit SPL teams mentalilty of we hate the old firm because they keep fucking gubbing us.
Old 27-08-2009, 10:00 AM
ryan81
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by Rab

Celtic and Rangers had a turnover last year of £62 Million and £55 million repectively. Now the rest of the SPL had a turnover of around 5 million on average.

So, financially then can compete with the big teams in england. The teams they have just now, are good enough to absolutely fucking MULLER the rest of the SHITE teams in the SPL like Hearts, Hibs, St Johnstone etc.... If they moved into the english league, then they'd obviously not be playing with the players they have now. They'd buy decent players and sell the ones they have to the likes of Aberdeen and Motherwell so they could get on with Mullering Hearts and Hibs and St Johnstone. Anyone who can't understand this is stupid.... And anyone who thinks Celtic and Rangers are pish becuase of this ONE result, is a total idiot, as Celtic have beaten Man U, AC Milan, Benfica in the Champions League and no fucker suddenly decided we were amazing and should win it based on those single results. Once again, it's the typical shit SPL teams mentalilty of we hate the old firm because they keep fucking gubbing us.
totally agree , look at HULL there spend ing 15 million on a player , we spent 3.4 on one , if we where in preniership with premiership money we would be in a better posistion to attract better players with the money avaliable
Old 27-08-2009, 10:26 AM
RobL

id like to see rangers and celtic in the premier league,it would be good for the league having another 2 massive clubs.i cant see how it would happen though,the last think the fa would want to do is increase the number of games in a season as they play to much already and it would be infair to relegate 5 teams from the pl to accomadate them, they would have to start from the bottom and thats not gonna happen
Old 27-08-2009, 10:43 AM
RobL

Originally Posted by Rab

noones saying they are pish they are just no were near the level of englands top clubs,also arsenal were missing players like nasri,walcott,fabragas,rosicky,rvp and arshavin starting on the bench and made it look easy tbh,this was englands 4th best team last season also
Old 27-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Rab

Originally Posted by RobL
noones saying they are pish they are just no were near the level of englands top clubs,also arsenal were missing players like nasri,walcott,fabragas,rosicky,rvp and arshavin starting on the bench and made it look easy tbh,this was englands 4th best team last season also

I'm saying they're pish, 5-1 mate, 5-1... Anyways, we'll never be in the prem. It's not fair on the teams on the championship, league 1 and league 2.... Unless Rangers and Celtic start in the Blue Squire Premier League to make it fair, and I don't see that happening... We'll just have to keep plodding on in the SPL, and hope that somehow the other teams can raise their game, to make the league more competitive, which make better TV, which means more money, which means better players, which means more success in Europe. Although, I don't see it happening tbh
Old 27-08-2009, 04:25 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Basically what i mean is

If celtic were in the premiership the would be getting premiership money, and have one of the biggest fan base`s> in the world so of course the would attract top players if the earned top money.

Its sooo un fair to judge scottish footbal against the top premier league teams, have a look at the differece in money and competition they are up against. its not even worth talking about its that ridiculous.
Old 27-08-2009, 04:40 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

so what your saying is because celtic turn over 60million they will be steam rollering everyone that comes across their path this year in the scottish league? anyone that thinks thats how football works is the idiot.
the thing with hearts is were shite and we know we are but we can still manage to turn over celtic and rangers occasionally just the same as all the other teams in the scottish premier can also manage to.
what you find is the fans of all the other clubs hate the old firm because they are sick of hearing all the same old shite spouted by the old firm and like to noise up the weegies and plasitc paddy wanabees at every occasion because they bite so easily .
youd be mid table also rans like totttenham(who turn over £70million+) etc in the premiership.in fact youd be the english premierships equivellent of hearts.
best fans in the world my arse. the best fans are the ones that go home and away knowing its likely theyre getting humped , but go anyway, not the ones that have season tickets but cant be bothered going most weeks or go but leave 20 minutes before the end no matter the score to beat the traffic or the ones that stand in deathly silence and can only sing when theyre winning on the big occasion . does that sound familiar? thats celtic park for you.

Last edited by fuzzy; 27-08-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 27-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Rab

Fuz, are Hearts going to win the SPL this year?

No..

Is anyone else OTHER than Rangers or Celtic?

No....

So basically, they will steam-roll the rest. As they do every year....

Last year, Rangers finished top with 86 points. Hoops were second with 82. And then a very close thrid was Hearts with 59...... 23 points between the 2. There was only 22 points between 3rd and the team that was relegated, Inverness, with 37...

Year before that, Celtic had 89, Rangers 86 and 3rd place was Motherwell with 60.....

So, don't tell me over 40 games that ANY other teams are giving the old firm a scare, because it's bullshit. And if you put either Celtic or Rangers in the FA Premier League, after 2 or so years of Prem money, they'd be competing with the top teams. Anyone who can't understand this is blinded by years of brainwashing supporting the Lithuanian Immigration Service
Old 27-08-2009, 05:22 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

so why arent the likes of tottenham competing ? they turn over £70 million+ per year and where are they as it could be argued that they are bigger than celtic and rangers? you honestly belive it would be so easy that youd be competing seriously with the big guns within 2 years? . wheres all the other big names going wrong every year then in the premiership?
its not so long ago the the new firm had it sewn up year on year. times change, things move in cycles .

Last edited by fuzzy; 27-08-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 27-08-2009, 05:26 PM
dazoriginal
prodigal son

fuzzy hearts not playing tonight ?
Old 27-08-2009, 05:28 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

yes they are, im babysitting my kids who you can see by my avatar are to young for a noisy euro night . in a year or two they will be able to join me on my european trips abroad where we travel across europe knowing were about to get spanked by the likes of feyenoord but its an event thats worthwhile and makes the unexpected wins over the likes of bourdeaux and basle away even more special. were 3-0 down. were likely to get beaten again but you can guarantee tynecastle will be red hot tonight.

Last edited by fuzzy; 27-08-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 27-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Rab

65 Million actually.... Look at Villa though, a turnover of only 48 million, but finished 5th... Everton too, only 38 million and they're up there... What I'm saying IS this, the old firm could compete with these teams becuase they already have a high turnover even in the SPL. Do you think they'd make less money if they were in the prem? They'd have a much higher turnover in the premier league. Big stadiums etc.

It's pointless telling you any more FACTS. You've been watching Hearts to long, and the madness of Vladimir is rubbing off on you.
Old 27-08-2009, 05:37 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

you seem to be equating tunover with guaranteed success.its not like history isnt littered with expensive duds. if only it was so simple .
chelsea turned over around £200 million. thats a lot of catching up to do and if success wasnt immediate revenue would drop as the support dwindled much like it did in the early 80's when celtic and rangers were winning nothing and a trip to either ground was seen as an easy 2 point win for even shit teams like hearts.a viscious circle difficult to get out off. meanwhile the scottish premier would become exciting and thrive with any number of possible winners including hearts,hibs,aberdeen ,dundeeutd etc competing every year for the title.

Last edited by fuzzy; 27-08-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 27-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Rab

No mate, you're equating the 1980's with now. And it's all very very different. So, in my final response to your original, slightly stupid, question.

Yes, I still think Celtic have something to offer the FA Premier League after Wednesday nights loss to Arsenal

Do you understand THAT?
Old 27-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Originally Posted by Rab
65 Million actually.... Look at Villa though, a turnover of only 48 million, but finished 5th... Everton too, only 38 million and they're up there... What I'm saying IS this, the old firm could compete with these teams becuase they already have a high turnover even in the SPL. Do you think they'd make less money if they were in the prem? They'd have a much higher turnover in the premier league. Big stadiums etc.

It's pointless telling you any more FACTS. You've been watching Hearts to long, and the madness of Vladimir is rubbing off on you.
Everton finished 5th, Villa 6th
Old 27-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Rab

Originally Posted by Mike C
Everton finished 5th, Villa 6th

I wasn't far off though
Old 27-08-2009, 07:02 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Nae luck for the manky mob,all that champions league cash for us.
Old 27-08-2009, 07:05 PM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

fuzzy still hasnt gotten over the jambo,s failure in 1985 or 6 when he reckons st mirren lay down to celtic
Old 27-08-2009, 07:06 PM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by KSA-Cossie
Nae luck for the manky mob,all that champions league cash for us.
you will need it to service about 20 percent of youre clubs debt spend it wisely
Old 27-08-2009, 07:07 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

it was traumatic. i still remember ripping up that dens park turf like it was yesterday.
Old 27-08-2009, 07:10 PM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

so close but still...no cigar
Old 27-08-2009, 08:26 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

fuzz tottenham are monkeys and villa! celtic and rangers are known world wide and play in the bloody spl

They`d be top 6 with in good time.
Old 28-08-2009, 12:05 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Robski

Originally Posted by Jamsy
Some good points there mate. Big gap between the english prem and the two 'big fish' in Scotland now. Rangers & Celtic arent as good as the were a few years ago when Rangers had the likes of Gazza/Laudrup/Hately and Mccoist. Celtic were beating the likes of Liverpool/Blackburn on their way to UEFA cup final and Rangers beat that great team of Leeds Utd home and away in the 'Battle of Britain'. (I can still remember that goal by Hateley from outside the box into the top corner that left Lukic on his back)!

I agree with you that a few seasons in the premiership and we would be consistant top 6 finishers purely on the massive fan base and revenue we could create but I cant see Rangers or Celtic joining the english premiership anytime soon, its been talked about since as long as I can remember!
Im a Rangers fan, dont want to be confused with any o 'them' lol but I have to admit I wanted to see Celtic do well against Arsenal because I work with a few English people who are desperate to put the old firm down at any chance they get. We all know there is a huge gap in class but the gap in finances is much much bigger.
Originally Posted by Rab

It's all subjective and we'd have to wait and see but IMO I think Celtic and rangers have lots of positives like trophy history(even if it is lesser ones they all count), fan base, 55,000 capacities week in week out, current revenue and the like so if you add that to a new TV rights package and the sponsorships they will increase/attract for being in the PL, FA cup, Carling as well as UEFA Europa cup or CL if they make it then yes they will get better players and compete a lot more.

They'd be a lot lot stronger in the CL than a lot of other European teams or a more fairer match and certainly they'd dispatch the lesser teams or newer ones from poorer countries that they still struggle with. The thing is though I don't reckon they ever get in the UEFA CL, if we still had 4 places then I'd so no chance.

Fanbase, revenue and trophy history doesn't mean anything to Chelsea who are a European powerhouse now and the emerging Man City. Chelsea have 3 league titles, 4 FA cups and no Euro, they don't always fill their ground in CL games and have losses every year mostly. Man City have a good fan base even in the relegation times but not history and not revenue, well not compared to United or Arsenal anyway. That's 5 teams who I reckon would keep them out every year and remember whilst United has spent big some seasons and both Arsenal and United are two of the richest football clubs in the world in terms of income and profit (United profit, Real Madrid income, United club worth) they both haven't spent much this year at all. We sold Ronaldo for £80m so probably had at least £110m to spend if needed but spent only £19m, Arsenal sold Toure and Adebayor for loads but only bought a CB really for £10m. Yet they'll both be up their trying to keep mega rich Man City out and win things too.

Also the UEFA (Europa league) cup thing between teams isn't fair and some people use this when debating the quality of none top 4 teams against their equivilents in Spain or Italy. Villa and Spurs never bothered at all with the UEFA last season, O'neill saw it as a burden not worth taking and Redknapp slated it as a menace on TV, he sent a reserve team out as he wanted to get up the PL table and take the Carling cup at Wembley as a 2nd priority but in Scotland it would be a big thing to win it. Sure Fulham will no doubt be excited on first time but once the novelty wears off for fans and players they will soon be like Spurs and Villa etc regarding it as a joke, hence the name change and efforts to improve its image by UEFA.

As it stands I reckon 17 of the 20 Premierships teams would come out on top against Celtic or Rangers in a two legged fair game if played 10 times each. So that's all bar the newly promoted ones. Seriously I do, it would probably be 6-4 to some of the lower ones but I still think they'd beat them. Press and Media ALWAYS mention the Milan and Man United conquest at Celtic Park but its often 1-0 or a scrapped, hard worked, sometimes negative performance. You never seen them batter a team like that do you with nice football and great chances. But away the story is often different, they get raped 3-0 by some newbie Danish team. I think the only thing that cuts the quality level between English and Scottish teams is the pressure and attention of the 'Battle or Britain thing', other than that Spanish teams or Italians teams would rape Scotland at home and will create chances away too. Crazy results do happen as they say that's football, United and Everton just got beaten by Burnley back to back and in the season before last United lost at home to lowly Coventry in the Carling cup. The year before we lost to Soutend with Ronaldo and Rooney on the pitch, SOUTH FUCKING END!! So results aren't concrete proof just as the Arsenal battering the other night wasn't but I think we all know Celtic are miles off United, Milan, Arsenal or anyone else of that calibre weather its an aggregate score or 1-0 one year or 6-0. Obviously people will chirp up now and say "the gap is massive look how Arsenal raped them", that's what people/press/pundits do.

Celtic and Rangers with our TV deal and the other increased revenue would as a result get past Wolves, Burnley, Birmingham, Hull, Stoke, Bolton, Blackburn, Wigan, Portsmouth and probably Fulham too. Sunderland is one to watch with their money and players they've got + Bruce, West ham have good players but board room issues so if that goes then I'd say debatable. Especially with Zola.

Villa- top manager, history, good sized ground, some good players and a rich decent owner who keeps out so I'd so it will be hard for Celtic and Rangers to overtake them.

Spurs- underachieved since Jol got them to 5th but have a good manager, ridiculous first team + squad, spend loads so not really.

Everton- have a rich history, ok stadium, great manager but skint. I don't think so on this one either.

Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and a future Man City? - No fucking chance for Celtic and Rangers IMO. Personally I hope it doesn't happen as they should stay in their own league and I know people will quote Cardiff or Swansea but they have even a lesser population that Scotland does, much less and less things. SPL and its clubs should forget about the talk or dreams and instead focus on making the league stronger, bigger, more excited as well as tours abroad, tv money from overseas and then better sponsorships too. It wouldn't be nice to just ditch it behind fully but maybe in the future the CL will be replaced by a European Super league so that would help Celtic and Rangers, maybe not against those super clubs in it but it would against their own and you'd see better players or names than you have.

Speaking of which that's another point, Keane was talking about Sunderland having the money, stadium, Facilities and him as big name manager but still couldn't attract all their transfer targets because of weather or shops etc so I reckon Scotland would have similar issues too. Even Manchester, Liverpool and Brum do. If I was a top player I wouldn't want to live in Scotland even if they are big cities, in fact I don't now.

And lets not forget what happened to Leeds, big clubs with top top players at the time and in the Semi's of the CL flying high in 2001 or so then boom, Newcastle as well 55,000 stadium players on the current of past books like Ferdinand, Shearer, Given, Asprilla, Ginola or Owen, Martins and big money spends. One bad run of results, confidence issues or board room bad management and you could be down. It's not just about getting the money its about using it wisely and at the right times.

In theory if the Scottish teams had Branson/Bill gates as owner, were in the Premiership and had Spanish weather then they'd be in the top 4 and challenging for the title. Just my two pence,

(nice discussion by the way).
Old 28-08-2009, 12:11 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Id like to see celtic and rangers shut down.

then thier supporters would have to continue thier violence under the guise of religious hatred rather than the weak excuse of football as a thin veil to hide the true Catholic versus Protestant battle!!!
Old 28-08-2009, 12:47 AM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
Id like to see celtic and rangers shut down.

then thier supporters would have to continue thier violence under the guise of religious hatred rather than the weak excuse of football as a thin veil to hide the true Catholic versus Protestant battle!!!

warren........shut up.

Quick Reply: celtic fans....