General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

arrested last night? got court, what do i do?

Search this Thread

Old 19-08-2009, 11:13 AM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CRAIG HAYTER
HAVE YOU ASKED WHAT THE CHARGE IS YET?then we can get some way to work for you
"drunk while trying to enter a sports ground - sporting event"

phoned them and they said that was the offence.
Old 19-08-2009, 11:15 AM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

never heard of thatwere you shouting or pissing in the street? because everyone i know enters a football game on the drink......well near everyone
Old 19-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by paceo
as said theres no jury there.

when i plead not guilty, will i have to return to court do you know or will it be settled there?
This depends if they can fit you in. When I last pleaded not guilty they made a phone call while I was stood there, and then they musn't have been able to fit me in as I was told to come back a month to the date.

All the best,
Benni.
Old 19-08-2009, 11:43 AM
panelbeater
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for the police or cps to have a convincing case to present to the magistrate they must have evidence that you were drunk entering into a sporting event. that is basic fact. if they have no evidence that you were drunk as in cctv footage of you bouncing off the wall walking upto the gates and just staggering about like a subuteo player thats just been flicked up the arse or no breath test then they can't prove you were drunk. in that case its case closed.
Old 19-08-2009, 11:56 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Phone the court and ask for the duty solicitor. You may not be able to see him untill the day but it is your right to have one......unless you are on bail for ann offence which doesnt carry a prison sentence....and you're not on bail
Old 19-08-2009, 11:59 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

in fact read this http://www.cjsonline.gov.uk/download...ourt_apr03.pdf

apply for representation
Old 19-08-2009, 12:09 PM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

i used '' to be part of the Nottingham Forest Gorup of holegans. when i was a bad little boy. well wasnt a boy a man more like..

but ive been to away matchers and never been stoped for being drunk, ive been done for a fair few things like. thing that are not clever, fighting mainly, and hitting a copper. but he did call me a derby scum, even tho i live in Nottingham.. fagot, got banned from all the gorunds in the country and i cant buy any tickets. probs seen it on the news that a forest fan goe 12months in prisson, Nick his name was. beating up some guy in derby pub.. i was with him at the time..

i never went looking for fights, they always came to us.

Last edited by RSTurboSI; 19-08-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 19-08-2009, 12:21 PM
24vcossiemat
no more Granada's for me

looks like your going for a session with butch mcdick in a cell..
Old 19-08-2009, 12:49 PM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by supramat2000
looks like your going for a session with butch mcdick in a cell..

i've had worse.. least im not out there being a chav and nicking peoples items or property, anyways im out of that all now,

theres only one way out, Move away... or in my case, we all split
Old 19-08-2009, 12:51 PM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

just phoned a solicitor up in ipswich and they said get a duty solicitor in the court as there free. he personally said to me dont waste my money on using a solicitor.

im having a think about this, if i do say guilty as i really dont want to go back and forth there, what do you think i will get?

the solicitor said probably a fine, i also mentioned about a football ban, and he said very unlikely.
Old 19-08-2009, 12:52 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

did you get breathalised?
Old 19-08-2009, 12:54 PM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by R4N S S
did you get breathalised?
no i didnt, i did mention it to the solicitor and they said they only do that for driving offences as such.
Old 19-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

No he didnt Ran
Old 19-08-2009, 12:56 PM
GTi-R23
The ladies love it French

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like madness to me, I've been to 100's of football matches, and been drunk at most of them as are most of the other people in the stadium

Either there is more to this than you're letting on ie any previous football related trouble? or the coppers are way out of order for locking you up if you were just minding your own business trying to attend a football match in good spirits.
Old 19-08-2009, 03:27 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i have had it at chester v wrexham the old bill ask where you from and you reply and they make a judgement based on your reply,if they think your smashed,talking with a heavy wrexham accent and trying to get in the chester end you get booted out the q or if your really lucky booted in the van or booted down the factory.
Old 19-08-2009, 03:49 PM
coleman
Always in the background

This what i would do, get to the courts early, look for the dodgy looking local kids and just ask them who the best solicitor is because there bound to know the best one!

if it was me i would fight it all day long but if you do go not guilty they will adjourn straight away so they can get the copper in the court to question him over it, 9 times out of 10 they never show up but its they risk you take.

You should of took the duty solicitor they offered you in the station as well.
Old 21-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Lee1972
Formerly COSSIE_LEE

Where about were you arrested, I take it in around the stadium? If so they will have cctv, do a subject access request for any cctv you might be on. If you wasnt drunk it may help in your defence if you were caught on cctv.
Old 21-08-2009, 01:27 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Ask to see the Doctors report or the Evidential breath testers print out that confirmed you were indeed legally drunk......

It's ok, just Bomb an Aircraft and ask for compassionate grounds to leave jail after only 7 years after killing 250+ people...
Old 21-08-2009, 07:39 AM
arch
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
Ask to see the Doctors report or the Evidential breath testers print out that confirmed you were indeed legally drunk......

It's ok, just Bomb an Aircraft and ask for compassionate grounds to leave jail after only 7 years after killing 250+ people...
I like the last bit of the quote mate, how true is that. Also, how is my bike? I replaced it with a ZX9, I sure miss her.

Anyway, back to the point in question. In law a police officer is classed basically as an expert in drunkenness. By that, what I am attempting to explain very badlyis that in this particular matter, the officer does not need any evidence to corroborate. Him saying you are drunk is enough( to at least charge you with this offence ).

Please note, I am not talking about driving matters here, just this particular offence.

You could be looking at a banning order mate, depends on how your local CPS feel. A banning order for three years is the 'norm'.

No one off here was with you, but I can't help thinking how odd that you were picked on by this officer amongst hundreds (I would say thousands but it was only a palace game), if as you say you were not drunk.

As to what next, it all depends how strongly you feel about your innocence.
Old 21-08-2009, 01:46 PM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by arch
I like the last bit of the quote mate, how true is that. Also, how is my bike? I replaced it with a ZX9, I sure miss her.

Anyway, back to the point in question. In law a police officer is classed basically as an expert in drunkenness. By that, what I am attempting to explain very badlyis that in this particular matter, the officer does not need any evidence to corroborate. Him saying you are drunk is enough( to at least charge you with this offence ).

Please note, I am not talking about driving matters here, just this particular offence.

You could be looking at a banning order mate, depends on how your local CPS feel. A banning order for three years is the 'norm'.

No one off here was with you, but I can't help thinking how odd that you were picked on by this officer amongst hundreds (I would say thousands but it was only a palace game), if as you say you were not drunk.

As to what next, it all depends how strongly you feel about your innocence.
its an away game mate so there was only about 1000 palace fans there, as said i am on heavy medication and it makes my eyes glaze over and dialate. i am taking all my relevent doctors notes to show im on this medication. also ive requested off my local gp a letter stating the side effects they give me!
Old 21-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Dan@Rapid-Ford
PassionFord Post Troll

so Police can use :

section 59's - to take your car and fine you
Anti Social behaviour orders - to stop you leaving the house and fine you
and now can decide how drunk you are from talking to you and sumonse you to court on the basis of it. and fine you

So how can you argue your case if they are "experts"? your word against his? is it basicly guilty if I say so

what a joke!!

And because of the Copper getting a rush of blood to his head, ruined this guys night wasted a ticket and travel money and he's gonna get a fine out of it because there is no proof.

Paceo - I hope when you go to court you with your doctors paperwork (which they prob won't want to see or read) you put in a claim for your expenses.
Old 21-08-2009, 06:40 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi mate, Bike is good, now got a power commander and had the alarm removed as it was causing the misfires ... Still be up for that ride out one day if you get chance ..ZX9's go well to be fair, I was very tempted for one before I got my 996
Old 21-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Did the officer say on what grounds exactly he was basing his opinion that u were drunk?!

If just cos your of how ur eyes look and ur medication crreates the same effect take proof that you take it with u to court and also the paperwork for it. If you can prove that his basis for u appearing drunk is an effect medication has caused u may be able to get the case closed but obviously im not a solicitor so dont take my word for it.

Also have you checked what the paperwork for ur meds says in reguard to drinking?! If it says not to or can create side effects that could be used against you...................
Old 21-08-2009, 07:19 PM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Toe Knee
Did the officer say on what grounds exactly he was basing his opinion that u were drunk?!

If just cos your of how ur eyes look and ur medication crreates the same effect take proof that you take it with u to court and also the paperwork for it. If you can prove that his basis for u appearing drunk is an effect medication has caused u may be able to get the case closed but obviously im not a solicitor so dont take my word for it.

Also have you checked what the paperwork for ur meds says in reguard to drinking?! If it says not to or can create side effects that could be used against you...................
good point regarding drinking, nothing on any of my private hospital letters says anything about mixing it with alcohol.
Old 21-08-2009, 07:32 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

usually you atttend to plead then you get bailed to reappear back for sentencing. seems a bit harsh for a simple public order offence with no actual aggro involved. usually a fixed penalty is issued for drunk in public.
in the past ive been charged with assault and been fined through the post with no need to attend court. didnt even go on my record as i accepted the offer of the fixed penalty.
a banning order might not be issued as it was a minor offence and commited outside the ground .
obviously to late now but you should have insisted on a breathalyser at the time to determine your alchohol level to back you up in court.

Last edited by fuzzy; 21-08-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 21-08-2009, 08:06 PM
pitcha44
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

i went through all this last year with my brother who took a bottle of beer on to the stand. he bought it inside the ground but its a big no no to take it out onto the stand he was arrested and had to appear in court. i went with him and he didnt get a solicitor and when in court the duty solicitor said its fine for him to go in with out one. when inside the gudge went through the evidence and pulled the prosocution on the fact that you can buy beer on the ground but not drink it there. the prosocution wanted a ban on him aswell but the gudge through that out aswell as there where no signs of vilance and in the end he got fined £100 plus £45 cost and £15 victim fund.

just turn up tell them you wernt drunk but you had a coulpe you wernt off with them and you will get a fine good luck