General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

HID conversion kits

Search this Thread

Old 18-08-2009, 07:30 PM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID conversion kits

any one on here do them? my new transit has 2 candles in, if not where is the best place to look for a set and are they h4 or h7

cheers in advance Andy
Old 18-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If anyone did a group deal i'd be game. Boys on RS BB did it or spoke about it before but never happened
Old 18-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, I'm REALLY not amused with mine. Really regret stripping all the standard wiring out now.
Old 18-08-2009, 07:59 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

I've said it before and I'll say it again. They are like shagging a fat bird with huge knockers. A fucking great idea, but when you've done it, you wish you hadn't!

Thought mine on my old car were dog shit too, and they were one of the most expensive kits on the market. Replaced them with a pair of philips blue vision bulbs and they were far better
Old 18-08-2009, 08:02 PM
iansoutham
OCD Victim

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

How have you had problems with your HID kits?

What sort of issues?

4 of my cars currently have them in and other than changing the outer pins of the H4 plug connection over I have had no problems with any of them.
Old 18-08-2009, 08:13 PM
graham c
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i even had one in my bike it woz miles better and my old ecos and the mk1,s getting them!
Old 20-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PeterKesel
Well I am really amused. I've said it before and I'll say it again. They are like shagging a fat bird with huge knockers. A fucking great idea, but when you've done it, you wish you hadn't!
HID Kit
A fucking great idea would be for you to fuck off you inbred cousin-fucking spamming wanker.

Trending Topics

Old 20-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

A lot of people have various reviews on their preformance. I personnally love mine and wouldn't go back to normal H4 3 pin bulbs...

But that was on my saff and their front lighting are shocking as standard so it's quite a big leap...

On a transit i would imagine a decent set of phillips vision blubs would go down a treat
Old 20-08-2009, 02:05 PM
bristol_fez
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

You can buy a kit on Ebay for £40 delivered so doubt you would be able to get them much cheaper than that in a group buy. I am going to buy a set and see how they perform.
Old 20-08-2009, 03:30 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy
A fucking great idea would be for you to fuck off you inbred cousin-fucking spamming wanker.
the irony of the mods editing the original post but then leaving your quoted link in won't be lost on him

but i've got hid's on the mondeo and they are ace

and, seeing as i'm a gold member, as soon as i figure out how to wire in the original ford xenon lights i'll put a for sale ad for mine

or you can always ask charlie luciano who did the deal on ukfoc a year or so ago, that kit was about £30 cheaper than it was available in the shops and it was s imple plug and play and works brilliantly

*you can edit the post if i have broken any trading rules mod team
Old 20-08-2009, 03:37 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by dojj
I've got hid's on the mondeo and they are ace

Do they work ok on your mondeo? When I put a set on mine that I previously had on my old focus they used to flicker like fook. I had to hard wire them into the battery with relays etc!
Old 20-08-2009, 03:48 PM
chettle
Regular Contributor

I can get HID kits, and would happily run a group buy n sort out some discount/site donation?

but not being a gold member or trader, i wouldnt know how to go about it?

Old 20-08-2009, 03:59 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

the irony of the mods editing the original post but then leaving your quoted link in won't be lost on him

but i've got hid's on the mondeo and they are ace

and, seeing as i'm a gold member, as soon as i figure out how to wire in the original ford xenon lights i'll put a for sale ad for mine

or you can always ask charlie luciano who did the deal on ukfoc a year or so ago, that kit was about £30 cheaper than it was available in the shops and it was s imple plug and play and works brilliantly

*you can edit the post if i have broken any trading rules mod team
Did it make that much difference on the mondeo. I've got blue vision Bulbs in my Mondeo and I think the headlights are brilliant...cant see how they'd be much better to be honest?
Old 20-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

HID Kits are utterly crap. I've done lots and lots of reading up on them, and they are awful. Either buy a decent bulb or pay the price for xenons. For a start the casing the light is housed in is completely different for a Xenon. A xenon has a projector casing and this is the kind of casing you would need for a HID otherwise, the light will scatter. Put a xenon and a Hid up against a wall on full beam and see which is a line and which is a mess. My car has this kind of casing, but it's only one of many reasons why they are so bad.

Benni.

Last edited by Benni; 20-08-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 20-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVuSSdZNsZw Do yourself and other road users a favor, and leave them alone.

Benni.

Last edited by Benni; 20-08-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 20-08-2009, 04:40 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

You feeling ok benni? Not talking shite for a change?

Old 20-08-2009, 05:46 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Rich170
Do they work ok on your mondeo? When I put a set on mine that I previously had on my old focus they used to flicker like fook. I had to hard wire them into the battery with relays etc!
hard wired to the battery with relays etc
makes removing the lights a bitch as i've had to change bumper and wing but the difference in lgith is fantastic
let me find some pics to show you

Originally Posted by Mondeo Man
Did it make that much difference on the mondeo. I've got blue vision Bulbs in my Mondeo and I think the headlights are brilliant...cant see how they'd be much better to be honest?
i'll put some pics up

Originally Posted by Benni
HID Kits are utterly crap. I've done lots and lots of reading up on them, and they are awful. Either buy a decent bulb or pay the price for xenons. For a start the casing the light is housed in is completely different for a Xenon. A xenon has a projector casing and this is the kind of casing you would need for a HID otherwise, the light will scatter. Put a xenon and a Hid up against a wall on full beam and see which is a line and which is a mess. My car has this kind of casing, but it's only one of many reasons why they are so bad.

Benni.

there is much more noticable light and, when in my uncles mondeo with normal lights, the difference is fairly astonishing as i can see a lot more in mine than in his

put it this way, high beams don't really make such a huge difference as they do with normal lights in place
Old 20-08-2009, 05:47 PM
dojj

btw, that pic with the lights on is the lights on under about 3 inches of snow
Old 20-08-2009, 05:55 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

put it this way, high beams don't really make such a huge difference as they do with normal lights in place
Says it all really, they are far too high intensity for normal reflectors to cope with, hence the light piddles out all over the place and you can't even see your main beams
Old 20-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Rich170
You feeling ok benni? Not talking shite for a change?

When it involves me spending money, I soon switch on. I could defy the laws of grafity if it meant me not wasting 50p. No cunt rips Benni off. And no, I'm not feeling ok! Duh!

Benni.

Last edited by Benni; 20-08-2009 at 06:25 PM.