General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Witnessed a Death :( (News Article Added on Page 2)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Witnessed a Death :( (News Article Added on Page 2)

Was in Hayes earlier on to pick my mate up before heading into Brent Cross. On our way there was a guy riding limit 40mph on Yeading Lane. Out of know where some stupid woman decided to pull out to turn into the pub car park and knocked him clean of the bike. Bike went flying to the side of the road spilling all the oil out and the biker just still in the road.

I pulled over, me and my mate ran to the biker to see if he was ok. I checked his pulse and got nothing. The ambulance arrived and started to pump his chest but they got nothing. Really upsetting day. Gave a statement to the police and have given all my details should his family need me for any claims or court stuff. Really shook up and can't believe someone who was just riding along lost their life because of some stupid woman who doesn't look before turning in.

Horrible start to the week

Last edited by Pardeep; 11-08-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

Chin up mate im sure you did all you could
Old 10-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Robs Frst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sad, seen many bike accidents in Hayes.
Im guessing the pub next to Vauxhall?

Last edited by Robs Frst; 10-08-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Sorry mate can imagine that was a horrible thing to witness
Old 10-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Not a nice thing to witness fella! The poor biker.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:21 PM
dazoriginal
prodigal son

hope you feel better soon
rip biker
Old 10-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The problem with bikes is stupid fucking useless wankers on the road not the bikes. There he was riding along minding his own business not speeding and some dizzy cow kills him devastating his whole familys life.

Motorists should be taught more about motorcycle awareness and more money should be put into it, o but teaching people how not to kill bikers doesnt make money so guess we will just have speed cameras instead.

RIP
Old 10-08-2009, 09:24 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

yea it's really sad to here mate shame alot of us bikers have so little protection when it comes to stupid people like that, what did the woman do, hope she did the right thing and put her hands up to it straight away i'd of been fuming if she tried to blame it on technicalitys, hope she never forgets what she has done neither i'm guessing it was all down to lack of looking where she was going, feel sorry for the family, happens all the time mate so can't dwell on it too much, his numbers where up i guess .
Old 10-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Mark V8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 166 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
The problem with bikes is stupid fucking useless wankers on the road not the bikes. There he was riding along minding his own business not speeding and some dizzy cow kills him devastating his whole familys life.

Motorists should be taught more about motorcycle awareness and more money should be put into it, o but teaching people how not to kill bikers doesnt make money so guess we will just have speed cameras instead.

RIP

SPOT ON !

I ride a bike to work and back every day and you have to treat every car driver as if they want to kill you

Mark
Old 10-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by Burnzybubbles
yea it's really sad to here mate shame alot of us bikers have so little protection when it comes to stupid people like that, what did the woman do, hope she did the right thing and put her hands up to it straight away i'd of been fuming if she tried to blame it on technicalitys, hope she never forgets what she has done neither i'm guessing it was all down to lack of looking where she was going, feel sorry for the family, happens all the time mate so can't dwell on it too much, his numbers where up i guess .
I kinda snapped at her. I mean if it wasn't her fault and it was the biker doing stupid maneuvers then fair enough. But it wasn't the case this time round. She said he came out of no where and i yelled he was doing normal road speed and that she didn't fucking look.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Pardeep I gather this is the first death youve seen???

You kind of get used to it over time.

Personally i find it harder when youve got someone injured who you cant help at all than someone who is dead.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Pardeep
I kinda snapped at her. I mean if it wasn't her fault and it was the biker doing stupid maneuvers then fair enough. But it wasn't the case this time round. She said he came out of no where and i yelled he was doing normal road speed and that she didn't fucking look.
He came out of nowhere = i didnt bother looking cause i'm a fucking monge.

The amount of times people have nearly knoced me off is unreal and they then have the cheek to look at you as if its your fault, 1 day i swear i'm going to punch some fuckers face in
Old 10-08-2009, 09:33 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

RIP
not often we see eye to eye what with your love of JDM fwd tat ... But you are spot on here. EVERYONE should be made to do their motorcycle CBT and theory at the very minimum, I did my full bike licence before I passed my car test at 18, and still say it taught me 1000 times more about real world road use than the poxy car test did
Old 10-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
Pardeep I gather this is the first death youve seen???

You kind of get used to it over time.

Personally i find it harder when youve got someone injured who you cant help at all than someone who is dead.
Not the first. My best mate of 20 years Paul died last December from ALS Disease and like you said its a lot harder when you can't do anything.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:36 PM
burnzy
burnzy

fair play for putting her in her place, did he have his lights on, most bikers will and it gives her no excuse to not being able to see him i hope she gets done for man slaughter, reality is though they don't see rta's as bad, i don't no if it's changed now though, sure hope she does it would teach people to be more aware if they knew they'd get a prison sentence, we all can make mistakes but not as costly as this one, as you'v said if he was being a bit stupid then it wouldn't of been AS bad, but the fact he was just minding his own is just criminal imo.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

The amount of times people have nearly knoced me off is unreal and they then have the cheek to look at you as if its your fault, 1 day i swear i'm going to punch some fuckers face in
That's fair enough. However some Scooters and Bikers are twats on the road. I hit a lad off his scooter and he really did come out of nowhere. The twat under took me at the lights, pulled in front of me and then emergency braked. Knocked him clean off and i didn't feel no guilt that he was hurt cos it was his own stupidity.

However if it had been my fault then i would have owned up and taken the responsibility as a man. The fact of knowing you were in the wrong and have hurt someone because of it is far worse to have over your head.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
not often we see eye to eye what with your love of JDM fwd tat ... But you are spot on here. EVERYONE should be made to do their motorcycle CBT and theory at the very minimum, I did my full bike licence before I passed my car test at 18, and still say it taught me 1000 times more about real world road use than the poxy car test did
I only do it cause i like winding people up, some realise what i do and some kick off and will argue with me for pages and pages which can keep me entertained for days. Like if i said something like this

I like fords but unfortunatly they have been lagging behind the japs since the late 80's imo

that alone is enough to have me hours of fun
Old 10-08-2009, 09:43 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I only do it cause i like winding people up, some realise what i do and some kick off and will argue with me for pages and pages which can keep me entertained for days. Like if i said something like this

I like fords but unfortunatly they have been lagging behind the japs since the late 80's imo

that alone is enough to have me hours of fun
Yup ... More RS badged FWD tat Ah well....

2 wheels is where it is at. and everyone knows Ducatis rule the roost ... Just be FUCKING careful on the roads, too many blind idiots to be going too silly
Old 10-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

That's fair enough. However some Scooters and Bikers are twats on the road. I hit a lad off his scooter and he really did come out of nowhere. The twat under took me at the lights, pulled in front of me and then emergency braked. Knocked him clean off and i didn't feel no guilt that he was hurt cos it was his own stupidity.

However if it had been my fault then i would have owned up and taken the responsibility as a man. The fact of knowing you were in the wrong and have hurt someone because of it is far worse to have over your head.
Dont class daft 16 year old lads on scooter as bikers as there not.

I agree soem bikers do ride like wankers but most dont and even the safest of manovers can look dodgy to car drivers when there perfectly safe
Old 10-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by Burnzybubbles
fair play for putting her in her place, did he have his lights on, most bikers will and it gives her no excuse to not being able to see him i hope she gets done for man slaughter, reality is though they don't see rta's as bad, i don't no if it's changed now though, sure hope she does it would teach people to be more aware if they knew they'd get a prison sentence, we all can make mistakes but not as costly as this one, as you'v said if he was being a bit stupid then it wouldn't of been AS bad, but the fact he was just minding his own is just criminal imo.
I don't really remember if he had lights on cos the bike was in pieces. I told her i'll see her go down for it because it was pure stupidity. The filth and mate were telling me to calm down.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

I agree soem bikers do ride like wankers but most dont and even the safest of manovers can look dodgy to car drivers when there perfectly safe
I know i have a Bike License too but haven't ridden in a year and a half. Got put off after i saw my mate get hit of his bike.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I know i have a Bike License too but haven't ridden in a year and a half. Got put off after i saw my mate get hit of his bike.
so what bike you have then? would you call yourself a biker ?
Old 10-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

so what bike you have then? would you call yourself a biker ?
Had a 400cc Kawasaki that i bought off the mate that got hit lol

I wouldn't class myself as a biker after 6 months riding lol, Just some dude on a bike lol
Old 10-08-2009, 09:49 PM
burnzy
burnzy

+1, me and mates usually do act on peoples stupid manuvers (sp), many a wing mirror has been taken off and we'v chased a few people it's the only thing that'll scare then into being more careful if we just shook our hands and said a couple of words they'd just forget it all and do it again to someone else.

and at the end of the day they could of quite easily killed someone like what has happened today sometimes it's just been quick reactions that's saved myself and others.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:54 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

bad day mate, and fair play for stopping and making sure the facts got put across as the guy wont be able to do it.

To be honest there have been a few deaths round my way with motorcyclist, and to be honest, in most cases it has been a mixture of speed on the bikers part and a lack of awareness by the third party.

Like anything else, you can't tarnish people with "they are all idiots" or "it's never their fault" I often see bikers riding like complete t*ats, just like i see drivers doing the same, the difference is, when they hit something, or things get pair shaped, they don't have the protection of a car cabin, so their body takes the impact.

Not a nice thing to see I am sure fella, feel sorry for his family who have just lost a loved one for the careless act of another.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:56 PM
burnzy
burnzy

i fully agree there i refused to have a moped it i was going to have anything it was gunna have gears, been riding since i was 14, got partially legal at 17, then back to my old ways, my license means alot more to me now so had to give the bikes up just until my finances are better i was an all weather rider just you can't get you tools on a bike even though some try it in london

I don't really remember if he had lights on cos the bike was in pieces. I told her i'll see her go down for it because it was pure stupidity. The filth and mate were telling me to calm down.
good on you mate fair play i hope to god she does go down for it, the poor family without a son or dad it's hard to think of really, but don't let it get too you too much it's life unfortunatly not alot you could of done or do now.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Mk1-stu
Patronus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, that's got to really knock you on your ass. Fair play to you for stopping fella and a real shame about the outcome too.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Shit that mate Rip biker

Its why i fucked em off! Too many stories, aint gonna be one of em!
Old 10-08-2009, 10:09 PM
bouncy
Regular Contributor

Yet another foookin sad statistic caused by irresponsible gutless shite.

What pisses me off is that this death will be seen as just another statistic to be used as why motorcycles are dangerous.

R.I.P
Old 10-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Elvis
Hunka Hunka Burning Love

every bike accident i have ever had has been because of some c*nt pulling out on me,

Im on 3 accident now.

im getting a bike again in 3 weeks
Old 10-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

The roads just arent a safe place for motorbikes anymore, doubt I will ever have another road bike.

RIP
Old 10-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
The roads just arent a safe place for motorbikes anymore, doubt I will ever have another road bike.
Until we have regular renewal of licenses with a test then the roads wont be safer for bikers, and even then it will only improve it slightly because most of these drivers who dont pay attention know perfectly how to drive, they just choose not to out of lazyness/complacency/stupidity or whatever excuse.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:27 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chip
Me neither mate, too many cunts about. I've still got a couple of bikes but i'm getting rid when i get round to it.
Sad news for the biker's family
Old 10-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Ellie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

that must have been a horrible thing to witness hun, but you did all that you could for him.
How sad. Poor guy. RIP
Old 10-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

I'm sitting here trying to eat and i can't. No appetite what so ever
Old 10-08-2009, 10:55 PM
bouncy
Regular Contributor

I'm sitting here trying to eat and i can't. No appetite what so ever

It happened to me a few years ago, I was first on scene to a car crash involving a young girl. I held her hand as she died...........

Her parents came to see me the following day, they thanked me for been there and thats all that counts matey, it means so much to families.

I didnt tell them i cried (not ashamed to say) my eyes out once i got home and just felt sick for weeks.

You should be proud that you had the guts to go over as many people would not have done.

Respect!!!
Old 10-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

me and my girlfriend came round the corner about 5mins after this happened. nothing i could of done though was enough people there dont need anymore. did see the air ambulance land later on for him. always a blind corner that when cars are parked out on the road. most people are going fast on that bit. i always i am. i dunno end of the day shit happens sadly.

Last edited by Diamonds.; 10-08-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by Diamonds.
me and my girlfriend came round the corner about 5mins after this happened. nothing i could of done though was enough people there dont need anymore. did see the air ambulance land later on for him. always a blind corner that when cars are parked out on the road. most people are going fast on that bit. i always i am. i dunno end of the day shit happens sadly.
We were told to leave after the Police took our details. We were told they couldn't revive him. What the hell was the Air Ambulance for? Please give me some good news.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

it was still blocked off about 9pm tonight. It was closed off cause he was killed cause if its to find out evidence of what proper happened on the road then it will be for a bit. I saw the Medics working on him when i was on the phone pulled over. I havent heard anymore. Dont know if he went off in the Air Ambulance either but it was landed for quite a bit hopefully he did but cant say. Probably took him to london hospital for his head injuries. if i hear anything i will let you know.

Last edited by Diamonds.; 10-08-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by Diamonds.
it was still blocked off about 9pm tonight. It was closed off cause he was killed cause if its to find out evidence of what proper happened on the road then it will be for a bit. I saw the Medics working on him when i was on the phone pulled over. I havent heard anymore. Dont know if he went off in the Air Ambulance either but it was landed for quite a bit hopefully he did but cant say. Probably took him to london hospital for his head injuries. if i hear anything i will let you know.
Cheers Bud. Much Appreciative. I'm gonna make a few calls tomorrow and see what i can find out. Hope they were able to revive him, will make me feel a whole lot better. Don't wanna drive past and see flowers on the way to Uxbridge.

Quick Reply: Witnessed a Death :( (News Article Added on Page 2)