General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone ever put there cars carpet in a washing machine???

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009 | 07:35 AM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Default Anyone ever put there cars carpet in a washing machine???

I've recently taken out the whole interior of my 2WD saph for some other work, while it's out I thought i'd take the opportunity to give it a good clean, escpecially the seats and carpet as i have a replacement drivers seat which is mint and an didn't want it to look obvious.
Anyway I got a hold of a Vax carpet cleaner and cleaned 1/2 of it last nigth, the amount of crap that came off it was unreal.
But this got me thinking, i think it might fit in the washing machine, but I'm worried that it may damage it somehow , the heat may make it go out of shape etc... Has anyone tried this before.
Old 04-08-2009 | 07:40 AM
baba
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by rog
I've recently taken out the whole interior of my 2WD saph for some other work, while it's out I thought i'd take the opportunity to give it a good clean, escpecially the seats and carpet as i have a replacement drivers seat which is mint and an didn't want it to look obvious.
Anyway I got a hold of a Vax carpet cleaner and cleaned 1/2 of it last nigth, the amount of crap that came off it was unreal.
But this got me thinking, i think it might fit in the washing machine, but I'm worried that it may damage it somehow , the heat may make it go out of shape etc... Has anyone tried this before.

done it with loads of cars mate.just turn the heat down a bit and dont have it on as long a cycle as normal.obviously dont do it unless your mats are 100% or the machine will rip them to bits.
but any ive ever done have always been fine and cum out like new.
Old 04-08-2009 | 07:43 AM
silver
Regular Contributor

I took mine to the launderette before and put the carpet through two full wash cycles, put it in a black bag, then took it home and hung it out to dry.

The amount of dirt that comes out is amazing, that is why I done it twice.

I also went to a self service launderette as well, I wasn't putting it in my own washing machine.
Old 04-08-2009 | 07:43 AM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Im not sure it would fit, there was no way my 16i carpet was fitting in the washing machine so ..................

French grape wine making style

The carpet didnt look that dirty, so i was amazed buy the amount of dirt

In the shower for a rinse

job done

Old 04-08-2009 | 09:38 AM
olek
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

i've washed mine's with some industrial floor cleaning soap, and a high pressure hot-water steamer. works brilliant