General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Dogue De Bordeaux needing a new home

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mal.
Cool, I have a few questions..............

Is there life after death?
How many matchsticks, end on end, would it take to reach the top of the empire state building?
Are RS500 vins stamped up or down?
Where do babies come from?

afpmsl at that.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:13 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Just don't go there..................
I WOULDNT MATE, BUT YOU NEARLY DID
Old 03-08-2009, 08:14 PM
BigJim19
COS i'm WORTH it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maria, my cousin may well be interested in taking gixxer, she has just had one of her bulmastif's pass, so could well be a good time for them both.......

i have text her and let you know as soon as

cheeRS
Old 03-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by st3v3
I WOULDNT MATE, BUT YOU NEARLY DID

It depends if you class a slap as foreplay......
Old 03-08-2009, 08:17 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

It depends if you class a slap as foreplay......

ahhh we digress, for another day, lets get this doggy a new home then we'll play Mal
Old 03-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by davemark
nic79
ooooooooooooooooh now i know who you are!

Originally Posted by as355f1
i may be interested in having him, my Labrador needs a friend, i am going to do a bit research to see if the two breeds get on OK, will let you know soon
Jim
Ok!

Originally Posted by Bullett
obviously dave, tbh my dogs may as well be my kids. unless you own them you dont understand it seems
I was the same Neil... smelly was my everything!

Originally Posted by Toe Knee

Would a vet actually put a healthy dog down then without a valid reason?!

I think chantelle has asked for the vets advice, and the vet did say if the dog has shown any agression then it is a reason for it to be PTS.

Originally Posted by bouncy
Dogues dont have a bad bone in their body unless mis-treated and are a perfect family pet.
I agree!

Originally Posted by bouncy
As i said if it turns on a family member fair enough. This is a young dog and like any young animal needs training, we have had dogues for years and have brought our kids up with them and would totally trust the dogs around them. They have a superb temperment and are totally loyal and loving.

Beautiful looking dog you got there!

Cool, I have a few questions..............

Is there life after death?
How many matchsticks, end on end, would it take to reach the top of the empire state building?
Are RS500 vins stamped up or down?
Where do babies come from?

Originally Posted by BigJim19
maria, my cousin may well be interested in taking gixxer, she has just had one of her bulmastif's pass, so could well be a good time for them both.......

i have text her and let you know as soon as

cheeRS
Old 03-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Maria.

I think chantelle has asked for the vets advice, and the vet did say if the dog has shown any agression then it is a reason for it to be PTS.

Depends on the reasons for the agression thou and a dog that is used 2 being around kids shouldnt have a problem with them, but obviously none of us were there to know what happened so.

I know someone who tach used 2 walk max with who had a mally too one day had some dick of a bloke hold a biscuit in his mouth and put his head right near the dog so surprise surprise he went for the biscuit and caught the blokes face. Loads of interfering wankers had a go at him and this bloke was almost in tears as he didnt know what to do and thought monty would have to be put down but after going to the vets they said it was the blokes fault for doing it in the first place and so did the police luckly, could have gone the other way and had to have been put down!!
Old 04-08-2009, 02:01 AM
Northants Ford Fan
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not trying to offend people but why the hell get a dog if you havent got the time and energy to train and look after it properly, as its part of your family you wouldnt leave you kid for hours on end would you and expect them to behave, also as people have said any dog can be agressive if it feels threatened, which normally means its be prevoked in some way eg a kid doesnt leave it alone when its sleeping or doesnt take the hint when the dog trys to get away from them.
I have heard all the excuses its the dogs fault over the years as my mum has breed and groomed dogs for over 50yrs and ive grown up with dogs. I love it when people say its the dog when its actually the owner in the wrong. for example my mum sold 2 westie pups from the same litter, 1 to a woman with young out of control kids and the second one to the womans retired partents, the one sold to the retired parents has turn into a lovelly calm dog but the other one we has turned into a right pain that will not do what its told and has destoryed things in the house, which proves its the owner that makes the dog.

And Maria god on you for trying to help this lovely dog a new loving home

Last edited by Northants Ford Fan; 04-08-2009 at 02:08 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:04 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Nick D
No idea, could put Jess in for a while to test out the facilities!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:19 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Northants Ford Fan
Not trying to offend people but why the hell get a dog if you havent got the time and energy to train and look after it properly, as its part of your family you wouldnt leave you kid for hours on end would you and expect them to behave, also as people have said any dog can be agressive if it feels threatened, which normally means its be prevoked in some way eg a kid doesnt leave it alone when its sleeping or doesnt take the hint when the dog trys to get away from them.
I have heard all the excuses its the dogs fault over the years as my mum has breed and groomed dogs for over 50yrs and ive grown up with dogs. I love it when people say its the dog when its actually the owner in the wrong. for example my mum sold 2 westie pups from the same litter, 1 to a woman with young out of control kids and the second one to the womans retired partents, the one sold to the retired parents has turn into a lovelly calm dog but the other one we has turned into a right pain that will not do what its told and has destoryed things in the house, which proves its the owner that makes the dog.

And Maria god on you for trying to help this lovely dog a new loving home

with reference to part og this, dogs always give warning before going for you. its in their eyes,they snarl,they growl,they even snap at you. all the key points are there if you ignore them they will make it very clear.

same as people, you can read if a person is pissed off so why push.

as for the pts thing,sounds to me like she may be over playing the incident just to get out of having the dog.as no vet would put a normal healthy dog down.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:25 AM
Nick D
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Porkie
When I saw that you replied I thought you were going to take him in lol! Could just see the pair of you sitting in the westy both wearing old school flying goggles

Oh and what an epic fail I am, have broken my arm in 3 places due to "my stupid water toy"
Old 04-08-2009, 07:49 AM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

couple of questions

Whats he like with other dogs ?
Any medical conditions/ongoing treatment?
Is he past the distructive stage or still chewing ?
Pedigree/hipscore/breeding history available?
Has he had any training at all (on a lead etc etc)?
Old 04-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Nick - youre not having much luck lately are ya!!!!

Brad - Im not sure what he is like with other dogs to be honest, i shall find out now!

YES he has FULL pedigree papers with a fantastic hip score, BUT HE WILL NOT BE REHOMED WITH PAPERS. I am making this perfectly clear so he cannot be used as a breeding machine or re-homed to be sold on as a profit.

No medical issues that i am aware of.

And yes, he is fine on the lead and has very good command responses. Even to the 4 year old little girl!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Just heard back from Gix's owner, he is very good with the dog he currently lives with, and is good with dogs he is familiar with.... he is just wary of strange dogs, he doesnt go for them, but his heckles come up until he has been properly introduced, which to be fair, is a batural dog instinct.

The main thing she is worried about is children. He is FINE with her two kids, but after him snapping at this young lad, shes dubious of him being rehomed with children
Old 04-08-2009, 08:47 AM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

Did Stuart (MRS1) Contact you yesterday? he asked me for your number? his GF might be interested in the doggie.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Yes chick... but apparently its too big!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:55 AM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

Ok
not worried about the papers as i wouldnt want to breed him anyway but the rest are fairly important.
If im honest we werent looking to get another dog for a few months as we are hoping to move house soon .
We allready have a staff and are looking after the missus parents briard(sp?) on a part time basis because they dont have time to walk her (fucks me off big time) its not an ideal time for adopting but i just cant sit back and watch such beautiful lad be destroyed !
Its a last resort position im taking , but if eventually he cant be re-homed for whatever reason (cant see this happening imho) and it looks like he will be pts please let me know so i can get our house sorted for him . cheers
Old 04-08-2009, 08:56 AM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

ohhh
Old 04-08-2009, 08:56 AM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by brad
Ok
not worried about the papers as i wouldnt want to breed him anyway but the rest are fairly important.
If im honest we werent looking to get another dog for a few months as we are hoping to move house soon .
We allready have a staff and are looking after the missus parents briard(sp?) on a part time basis because they dont have time to walk her (fucks me off big time) its not an ideal time for adopting but i just cant sit back and watch such beautiful lad be destroyed !
Its a last resort position im taking , but if eventually he cant be re-homed for whatever reason (cant see this happening imho) and it looks like he will be pts please let me know so i can get our house sorted for him . cheers
That is very good of you.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Cheers brad! thats really lovely of you!!!

Ill let her know!
Old 04-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Brad, where abouts in the UK are you?
Old 04-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

He lives down my way M, where bouts u gonna be moving too then brad?! Did actually think of u when i saw this post, know how much u loved having deisel around when he wasnt chewing things to peices

Would mean maddie and max would see their auntie M if u brought him down to finally eh?! lol
Old 04-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

i doubt id be bringing him!
Old 04-08-2009, 12:30 PM
cossierobo
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

dogue de bordeaux are a great dog a mate of mine has got 1 and a boxer just got a pup myself 17 week old now shes only 7 week old in the pic if i had the room i'd have another 1

Old 04-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww what a cutie!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:08 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

maria any chance of contact details?few folk on staff forum who have just lost the ddb with a farm are interested in him.pm me if you want
Old 04-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

She sounds like a rubbish dog owner, but a very good mum, fair play to her, fuck risking a little girl with a dog that size which *might* turn on it.

Im sure he can be found a home rather than put down though, that would be criminal!