General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Dogue De Bordeaux needing a new home

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 02:23 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

whats his location.im going to post on a few dog sites i use.just incase anybody is interested and wants to know about travelling etc.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cheers honey.

Oxford.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

UP for the evning people!
Old 03-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

poor doggie. such a shame. hope he gets a new home cos the alternative doesnt bear thinking about.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mk1-stu
i can see her point too, if a dog nipped at my son, i wouldn't care if it was a mates, mike tysons or even the queens, i'd break it's neck on the spot. no questions asked, no second chances.

Harsh maybe, but true.

you da man ]

bellend.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

fucking disgraceful! you DONT put a healthy dog down. this is just her not training him properly.if you have no time for a dog,dont bloody get one!
my two arent the best dogs in the world for being playful,as they play with their teeth.trace has benn pulled by her ponytail and they do mouth when playing but like hell would i put them down.

the only other thing i worry about with this place is people taking him and him getting passed on yet again which is not got for a dog.they just dont get settled.

a couple we know rehomed a malamute,they loved it to start with till they realised they are hard work.it had been hit and starved before they got it so was going to be a bit of a chore to train and get trust from.hell it even bit me when i went to see it(my fault not the dogs! i wanted to see how bad it was) and they then gave it up due to the hard work.

if anyone thinks about rehoming this, PLEASE consider what a dog does to your life. yes they do enrich it but they are a tie and are hard bloody work! work that NEEDS to be done!

my rant over,good luck maria
Old 03-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Mk1-stu
Patronus

Originally Posted by Daveyboy
you da man ]

bellend.
bite me.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Mk1-stu
i can see her point too, if a dog nipped at my son, i wouldn't care if it was a mates, mike tysons or even the queens, i'd break it's neck on the spot. no questions asked, no second chances.

Harsh maybe, but true.

for a start kids shouldnt approach strange dogs full stop! unless the owner says they are safe.so that would be bad parenting.

2nd if it was my dogs you would be following it if your touch it!
Old 03-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

best not - you might snap my neck
Old 03-08-2009, 05:06 PM
mynew2
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by Maria.
A little boy approached him at the caravan, and he went to snap for him! He did just nip the skin on his arm.... now me personally think the dog was just being protective over his little home, but chantelle has now decided she doesnt want to take the risk. If a home cant be found she has taken the decision to have him put to sleep

So your friend is willing to pass it on to someone else although it went for a kid, being territorial or not, what happens if when it is in a new home, it gets out and actually goes for a kid and dose some serious harm???

If your friend can not take the risk with her two kids why should it be fair to let someone else take the risk.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Bullett
for a start kids shouldnt approach strange dogs full stop! unless the owner says they are safe.so that would be bad parenting.

some people dont get the connection 'some' owners have with their dogs Neil. Im with you on this one.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mynew2
So your friend is willing to pass it on to someone else although it went for a kid, being territorial or not, what happens if when it is in a new home, it gets out and actually goes for a kid and dose some serious harm???

If your friend can not take the risk with her two kids why should it be fair to let someone else take the risk.
to be fair, the owner hasnt really explored all avenues - its just a risk she isnt prepared to take - this does not mean by any stretch of the imagination that this is a 'bad' dog or a 'dangerous' dog - dogs have feelings too you know and sometimes you might catch one who's a little bit narked at the time.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:10 PM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

Seen plenty of times where dogs have made a mess of people. If no home is found a very wise choice to put it down.

Dogs are loose cannons waiting to go, how do you know whats going on in its head.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

fucksake - this really boils my fuckin piss
Old 03-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

double post
Old 03-08-2009, 05:13 PM
longdog
PassionFord Post Troll

Am with you on this.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Brian ST-2
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Why not ask Warren Maria. He seemed to be in need of some property protection recently. A Dogue would be perfect. How bout it Warren? And they look great too. I'd love one if I didn't work in an office all day
Old 03-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Mk1-stu
Patronus

Your kind of proving my point there... if there's a likely hood of people interacting with it and you can't guarantee it keeping it's teeth to itself, it should wear a muzzle, animal ownership is very much the same as parenting.
I for one, do not let my son near other peoples dogs to be on the safe side - other people do, especially those that have dogs themselves.

i didn't make my comment to start an arguement, i made it because it is MY OPINION ! which, as we all know i'm perfectly entitled to. IF you have a problem with that, pm me. If not, let's let the thread get back on topic !
Old 03-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

This is WHY i am explaining EVERYTHING before someone takes him on!

in my personal opinion he needs a master! Dogs need leadership and i just dont think he has had it thats all!!! Dogues are as soft as shit! And he has never ever gone for ANYONE apart from this young lad who was walking into the DOGS territory!

This is also why i potentially the dog would be better for someone who has a farm, or somewhere the dog is free to rome, and claim as his land.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

Its ok saying this dog went for a kid etc but that KID might of asked for it !

Im looking for a dog and like the look of him, the only thing that worrys me a little is im out the house most of the day,but sometimes i do get home for an hour or so so could let him in the garden etc
Old 03-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

He is used to being on his own for up to 5 hours a day.. although it isnt ideal!

BUT if you have the time to make sure he is exercised and interacted with when youre not at work, i dont doubt at all he will be a fantastic dog.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Nicola my gf is saying have him (she goes on girlracer too and knows the owner )
Old 03-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

oooooh who's she??
Old 03-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Right im shooting out now and wont be back til late... so will answer any questions when i get back!
Old 03-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

oooooh who's she??

nic79
Old 03-08-2009, 06:00 PM
as355f1
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

i may be interested in having him, my Labrador needs a friend, i am going to do a bit research to see if the two breeds get on OK, will let you know soon
Jim
Old 03-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Daveyboy
some people dont get the connection 'some' owners have with their dogs Neil. Im with you on this one.

obviously dave, tbh my dogs may as well be my kids. unless you own them you dont understand it seems
Old 03-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If we didnt have max and maddie would love to have another dog but those 2 are a pain in the arse as it is lol.

Would a vet actually put a healthy dog down then without a valid reason?!

Must have been a reason for the dog to have gone for the kid specially if he lives with kids but the end of the day the kid shouldnt have been near him and as u said M they need a master and good discipline.

When we got max being a rescue dog we didnt know what he was going to be like and a couple times he has pushed his luck and had to be disciplined but as most aslakan/huskey owners know u have to be very firm with them to keep them under control or they own u not the other way round. At the stage now where if he miss behaves he gets pinned down by the scruff of his neck and he submits instantly which is what u want, maddie on the other hand is a pain in the arse lol, havin mastiff in her know how stubbrn they can be and she really does push her luck!!

But i know if kids come running up to max he hates it and tach has had a go at many a parent for letting their kids come up running to him just cos he looks cute and cuddly cos he's not!! He wouldnt think twice about biting them but then he's pretty much as wild a dog as u can get so.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:01 PM
bouncy
Regular Contributor

I wonder if someone was stealing something from the caravan and the dog bit them, would they be putting the dog down.???

At they end of the day, the dog was approached in its terrortory by a child (where was its parents)???

Dogues dont have a bad bone in their body unless mis-treated and are a perfect family pet. It disgusts me that an owner is even considering this. If the dog ran off and bit someone, now thats a different story or bit a family member. I doubt that these dogs dont even know how to bite as they can be a little bit dopey and docile even if they look fierce, especially when running.

You can advertise these highly sort after dogs on epupz, preloved, adtrader, all for free and you will be inundated with calls for it.

Then tell owner not to have a dog again!!!!
Old 03-08-2009, 07:15 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

fucking disgraceful! you DONT put a healthy dog down. this is just her not training him properly.if you have no time for a dog,dont bloody get one!
my two arent the best dogs in the world for being playful,as they play with their teeth.trace has benn pulled by her ponytail and they do mouth when playing but like hell would i put them down.

the only other thing i worry about with this place is people taking him and him getting passed on yet again which is not got for a dog.they just dont get settled.

a couple we know rehomed a malamute,they loved it to start with till they realised they are hard work.it had been hit and starved before they got it so was going to be a bit of a chore to train and get trust from.hell it even bit me when i went to see it(my fault not the dogs! i wanted to see how bad it was) and they then gave it up due to the hard work.

if anyone thinks about rehoming this, PLEASE consider what a dog does to your life. yes they do enrich it but they are a tie and are hard bloody work! work that NEEDS to be done!

my rant over,good luck maria
i agree,your in for the long haul with a dog,my mum fucked off and left me with a 17yr old cat,im not going to get it put down as she suggested,your mate is irresponsible,if the dog was trained properly it would be fine,i guess it used to get locked in the caravan while they watched the moto x? and what was she doing letting it near a kid neway? irresponsible again,my border collie was soft as shit but if a kid on the park wanted to pat him,it was lead on,sat down and i had a very tight hold of his mouth.

rant over but sort your mate out and goodluck sorting the dog out.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:18 PM
mynew2
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by bouncy
I wonder if someone was stealing something from the caravan and the dog bit them, would they be putting the dog down.???

At they end of the day, the dog was approached in its terrortory by a child (where was its parents)???

Dogues dont have a bad bone in their body unless mis-treated and are a perfect family pet. It disgusts me that an owner is even considering this. If the dog ran off and bit someone, now thats a different story or bit a family member. I doubt that these dogs dont even know how to bite as they can be a little bit dopey and docile even if they look fierce, especially when running.

You can advertise these highly sort after dogs on epupz, preloved, adtrader, all for free and you will be inundated with calls for it.

Then tell owner not to have a dog again!!!!
All dogs can turn at the end of the day they are wild animals end off, i dont matter if you have had a dog for 10 years and it has never hurt a fly, one day it could just snap and bite someone.

If your friend did not have the time to put into training a dog she should never have got him. it really gets my blood boiling when people get dogs and leave them all day and night, never take them out for walks and then have a go at them when they get under there feet, as the advert states on the TV "a dog is for live not just for X-Mas"
Old 03-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by davemark
Its ok saying this dog went for a kid etc but that KID might of asked for it !

Im looking for a dog and like the look of him, the only thing that worrys me a little is im out the house most of the day,but sometimes i do get home for an hour or so so could let him in the garden etc

exactly mate.kids need to be taught how to behave around dogs.
you shouldnt make them scared of dogs or that leads to problems too but they do need supervision to know how to act with them
Old 03-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Toe Knee
If we didnt have max and maddie would love to have another dog but those 2 are a pain in the arse as it is lol.

Would a vet actually put a healthy dog down then without a valid reason?!

Must have been a reason for the dog to have gone for the kid specially if he lives with kids but the end of the day the kid shouldnt have been near him and as u said M they need a master and good discipline.

When we got max being a rescue dog we didnt know what he was going to be like and a couple times he has pushed his luck and had to be disciplined but as most aslakan/huskey owners know u have to be very firm with them to keep them under control or they own u not the other way round. At the stage now where if he miss behaves he gets pinned down by the scruff of his neck and he submits instantly which is what u want, maddie on the other hand is a pain in the arse lol, havin mastiff in her know how stubbrn they can be and she really does push her luck!!

But i know if kids come running up to max he hates it and tach has had a go at many a parent for letting their kids come up running to him just cos he looks cute and cuddly cos he's not!! He wouldnt think twice about biting them but then he's pretty much as wild a dog as u can get so.

exactly the same as me and my two huskies. if they do try it on,and they do! they are pinned ny the scruff,the same way the mother does.no hitting! not slapping the nose! just the correct way.
soon calm down
Old 03-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Took a long time to get him to that level where he just drops and submits, doesnt look too nice but means he knows his place now so, actually went for me once and caught my face beleive it or not and could have just got rid of him but the poor thing had been treated like shit in the past and ovbiously not disciplined properly, taking into account how strong they should be you literally touched his back and his legs gave!!

Maddie on the other hand is totally different and can behave but is proper head stong and no matter how much u keep on her when ur not looking will do what she wants!!! Climbs up onto the kitchen units and takes whatever she can get to outside, and anything not nailed down outside gets demolished lol. Was funny the other day thou as shes in her first season and max managed 2 get his end away and got stuck inside her, so till he calmed down and could get out he was dragging him round the garden by his cock was a bit worried but once we heard him yelp we guessed he had managed 2 get out again lol. Unfortunatly thou maddie has gotten so stubborn now she doesnt submit like she used 2 so going to be hard work in the future methinks!!
Old 03-08-2009, 07:47 PM
bouncy
Regular Contributor

All dogs can turn at the end of the day they are wild animals end off, i dont matter if you have had a dog for 10 years and it has never hurt a fly, one day it could just snap and bite someone.

"

As i said if it turns on a family member fair enough. This is a young dog and like any young animal needs training, we have had dogues for years and have brought our kids up with them and would totally trust the dogs around them. They have a superb temperment and are totally loyal and loving.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

so will answer any questions when i get back!
Cool, I have a few questions..............

Is there life after death?
How many matchsticks, end on end, would it take to reach the top of the empire state building?
Are RS500 vins stamped up or down?
Where do babies come from?

Old 03-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Cozzy111
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

No disrespect to your friend, but as the owner and if she feels that the dog is a risk she should either spend time to teach and train the dog or spend time on finding the dog a new home where the new owner understands why she feels he needs rehoming and the new owner is willing to spend the time with the dog, A dog is a family member and they deserve to be treated like one!
If she can't find the dog a new home then i will have him rather than him being put down!
Old 03-08-2009, 07:56 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If i had the space Maria i would have him, although with a Rottie and a Dogue myself, i havent a lot of room left.
Sorry the girl may have to put the lad to sleep though, thats a shame.

Hopefully there might be a few takers on here.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:56 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mal.
Cool, I have a few questions..............

Where do babies come from?

Jaqui was more than willing to help you find that answer mate
Old 03-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by st3v3
Jaqui was more than willing to help you find that answer mate

Just don't go there..................

Quick Reply: Dogue De Bordeaux needing a new home