General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Weston-Super-Mare people .. Quick question ..

Search this Thread

Old 31-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weston-Super-Mare people .. Quick question ..

Hi all,

As some of you may or may not know, my granddad passed away last week.

Anyway, long story short, my uncle had already booked a holiday to Blackpool ages ago, and wasnt going to go because of what had happened.

ANyway, we said we would take care of whatever needed sorting and he and my aunty were going to come back for the funeral.

My mum had a great idea that we (mum + partner, brother + partner, nan, myself + becky, and both uncles and their partners) all go back to Blackpool with them after the funeral on Thursday and spend the last few days of their holiday with them, and us all being together to just chill out as much as we can, and just "be together". Its something my Granddad would definitely have wanted, and my nan has even got her suitcase packed already. Bless her.

We were all up for this.

My uncles B&B in Blackpool had probs with the hotel opposite, being that it caught fire. He wasnt let back in his room for a few days and had to stop in alternatative accommodation.

They have since said that he can have a full 2 weeks holiday there next year FOC. He is now coming back tomorrow.

Now we have decided that rather than do Blackpool, we are all going to go to Weston Super Mare after the funeral.

We thought about a cottage, but people do like to have their own privacy, so was thinking on getting 5 double rooms and a single.

I understand time is of the essence, so was wondering if anyone could recommend anywhere. It will be for Thursday night and Friday night of next week, and we will be coming back on the Saturday.

Found a nice place at £180 for 2 nights per couple, but £90 a night seems a bit steep. Although we dont want any slums either.

Really looking forward to this. When do families get together? Its always weddings/funerals/christenings, but never just to "be together".

When did YOU get together with ALL your family, just for a "laugh" ? Me for one never have.

Its sad really. So this will be really special...

Over to you guys and gals, any recommendations welcome!

Old 31-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

bttt

Need a quick answer for this one!

Old 31-07-2009, 09:42 PM
xr-stu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi mate, firstly, really sorry to hear of your families loss, but everyones time comnes

secondly, dont come to weston weston really isnt what it used to be and is a town dominated by drug addicts and scum bags, and theres very little to do here anyway. and im not just exagerating.

id recomend you stay somewhere like minehead, for a quiet weekend itd be much better suited for you. weston at the weekends isnt a place for a quiet family gathering.

theres a butlins in minehead if thats your cup of tea, at least youll all be able to stay 'together', otherwise theres probably umpteen different bed and breakfast places that would be a damnsite cheaper than £90 per night.

please take my advice and dont come to weston!
Old 01-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Bttt
Old 01-08-2009, 09:01 AM
mattxr3i
PassionFord Regular

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Unfortunately a lot of seaside towns are like this, Torquay is where I am from and this is also as bad. Bournemouth would be where I would choose, nice coastline and Poole is only just round the corner and from the few times I have been there is has been very clean and not so many of the chavs.

Last edited by mattxr3i; 01-08-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:19 AM
S2martin
Ex Full Price gold member

If you do come down Stu give me a shout and ill take you out for some beers

Mart
Old 01-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Sounds good m8, PM me your number

Trending Topics

Old 05-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

I''m there from tomorrrow, Mart PM me your number you tart!

Not looking forward to the funeral tho