General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Schumacher is back!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 29-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robski
please highlight what you mean in tantrums....i can think of MANY times when he could have slagged the team or officials off and didn't..but please do tell me your opinions...
so hos slating outbursts against mclaren dont count?and he has done it in the past about other drivers regards driving,expecting them to move over even though they are there for position.

not saying the are all perfect as they arent,look at rubens,normally level headed but he lost it last race.
Old 29-07-2009, 09:32 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well you are(well clueless anyway) if you think any OTHER so called rookie had the jump start Hamilton had...BEST car,telomotary(sp obviously)and the rest..infact look into the BBC archieves on shumi talking about hamilton(inside sport maybe?) and you may get a clearer picture!...infact if Alonso and Hamilton were given a brand new unknown car between them,i'd put my money on Alonso...he's far more of a complete race driver than hamilton....oh and he doesn't give up!or throw a tantrum!
maybe some of this has gone off topic,but hey ho....i still reckon schuey should stay in his castle though

P.S i see you have Colin as your avatar....next you will be saying he was the best rally driver ever
right , i have been watching F1 since 1993, along time a go in any ones books, i dont need a clearer picture of anything pal.
I didnt comment on Alonso vrs Hamilton only the facts on Hamilton vrs Schuey, i never said anything about tantrums either?!

PS:i do have Colin in my Sig not my avatar so who's the clueless cunt now
Old 29-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Fast Guy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

just gazed over the last few posts and i saw the "german cheat" or something crap that usually is thrown in by un knowledgeable twats that appear in such threads like this..errrr didn't hamilton/mcclaren do something un toward this season???

i just don't rate hamilton in the league of shuey.....

Are you saying Schumacher didn't cheat? Just look at Wikipedias entry about him under the controversy heading, there's fecking loads of it.

As for Hamilton, well he doesn't have a team mate driving for him, a brother driving for him and 2 other customer cars on his side either does he? Schumacher was never racing everyone else, only some of them, where Lewis has always been racing everyone.
Old 29-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Fast Guy
Are you saying Schumacher didn't cheat? Just look at Wikipedias entry about him under the controversy heading, there's fecking loads of it.

As for Hamilton, well he doesn't have a team mate driving for him, a brother driving for him and 2 other customer cars on his side either does he? Schumacher was never racing everyone else, only some of them, where Lewis has always been racing everyone.

i disagree with all that.you really think that racer gets in a car and thinks fuck it i'll let him win.

no chance.not if they are real racers
Old 29-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Matt carter
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pardeep
EVIL!!! lol

Is that better.

Old 29-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by Matt carter
Is that better.

You Joker!!! lol
Old 29-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Matt carter

Will he be in his stig gear ? ? ? ? ?
Old 29-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Fast Guy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullett
i disagree with all that.you really think that racer gets in a car and thinks fuck it i'll let him win.

no chance.not if they are real racers
I didn't say they let him win, well bar his team mate. I said (was trying to at least) they helped him by getting out of his way but not making it easy for others to get past.

i'd put my money on Alonso...he's far more of a complete race driver than hamilton....oh and he doesn't give up!or throw a tantrum!
Do you mean this Alonso?

Alonso became central to the story when, in a row with Dennis at the Hungarian Grand Prix in August, he threatened to reveal incriminating e-mails to governing body the FIA.
Old 29-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

OH.MY.FUCKING.GOD.

Pardeep..WTF? You haven't a clue have you?

More tomorrow.
Old 29-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Robski

Originally Posted by Bullett
so hos slating outbursts against mclaren dont count?and he has done it in the past about other drivers regards driving,expecting them to move over even though they are there for position.

not saying the are all perfect as they arent,look at rubens,normally level headed but he lost it last race.
bullet,please explain such outbursts...i've been watching F1 religously since the 80's and have heard many a bitching,please give me some examples to remind this old brain
Old 29-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I think it will be more a battle to be top German, Vettel or Schumi,
Certainly gonna be intersting though, both Red Bulls are looking good, Lewis finally notched up so could be on the up, Button is leading the standings and Barricello always had to play number 2 to Schumi, so theres a few little battles and competition within all the big hysteria,
Should be good though.
Old 29-07-2009, 10:32 PM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Guy

bang on Schumi was made, but would I rate him anywere close to sena?

fuck off , lewis is more sena than schumi,best team best funding, great control from braun, more brown paper envlops than you would care to remember that was ferrari 5 years ago.

is schumi crap, no in fact he is not bad, great talent no better that lewis or vetal(spelling). alonso hmm what ever he says yes they were working for lewis that year, but 100% of the time alonso had the same car as lewis. its just lewis had the best race engeer and Alonso new it.
Old 29-07-2009, 10:32 PM
RickyLee53
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Really happy he's back in, will be interesting to see how he does.

IMO he will hand it to kimi and be the quickest driver, much like Massa has for the last couple of years.

Shui IMO is the best package, and gets the job done. He's probably not as outright reckless now he's older, for wins and 1 off results, I'd love to see him make a comeback.

Never rated him when he was "winning" all the time but never looked forward to seeing anybody on the grid as much, I'll certainly be cheering him on.
Old 29-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Robski

Originally Posted by st3v3
right , i have been watching F1 since 1993, along time a go in any ones books, i dont need a clearer picture of anything pal.
I didnt comment on Alonso vrs Hamilton only the facts on Hamilton vrs Schuey, i never said anything about tantrums either?!

PS:i do have Colin in my Sig not my avatar so who's the clueless cunt now
oooo...1993,i was watching it in the 80's(and i don't think thats a longtime in ANYONE's book so why do you think 1993 is????????)...i don't want a medal,nor should you....so why mention it!!

as for avatar/sig...still sad,...i'd rather mess up an UNIMPORTANT thing like a spazzy sig or avatar than when someone ACTUALLY wins a world championship.....now who's the SAD cunt..lol
Old 29-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Robski

Originally Posted by JohnnyB

fuck off , lewis is more sena than schumi,best team best funding, great control from braun, more brown paper envlops than you would care to remember that was ferrari 5 years ago.

is schumi crap, no in fact he is not bad, great talent no better that lewis or vetal(spelling). alonso hmm what ever he says yes they were working for lewis that year, but 100% of the time alonso had the same car as lewis. its just lewis had the best race engeer and Alonso new it.
errr who was up senna's arse when he lost it at Imola...and who was leading the championship at the time?...hmmm enough said me thinks!!....Shuey raised the bar after senna AND Prost.....not an insult,just the truth/fact...and why would shuey want to be more like a 3 TIME WORLD CHAMPION??????????.(when hes seven TIME CHAMPION)...so many clueless twats on this thread...i can think of several(atleast) races where shuey had no rights of winning a race(and thats not by cheating or team orders dick wads!) But he won it on sheer skill and a relentlious of never giving up.

a guy wears a yellow helmet and people think he's like senna..let alone shuey...God help us
Old 29-07-2009, 10:50 PM
chameleon
PassionFord Regular

fcuk me how many people are getting upset we have 4 weeks of this.....................
i think he knows the car better than you think and has been out in f1 cars,i would think he has driven that car before havent ferrari got there own track?
Old 29-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Robski

oh by the way,i've just emailed Sir Fank Williams,Ross Brawn etc...Jonny B is "the man" when it comes to F1 driver head hunting.....if they listen to him they won't go far wrong...i mean he's already dissmissed the most talented and most successfull F1 driver ever to grace the sport.....my God he must have someone good lined up

Last edited by Robski; 29-07-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 29-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Robski

Originally Posted by chameleon
fcuk me how many people are getting upset we have 4 weeks of this.....................
i think he knows the car better than you think and has been out in f1 cars,i would think he has driven that car before havent ferrari got there own track?

testing bans will probably fuck them up......
Old 29-07-2009, 11:10 PM
chameleon
PassionFord Regular

massa might not have a job if he does well and like's it.............
Old 29-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

This is so pathetic. The ability of people to put a reasonable argument together on this forum is laughable.

There is FAR more to a great f1 driver than out and out speed. Michael has showed that. Senna also showed that.

Hamilton is young, fresh and very fast. He walked into a great car, therefore he was competitive from the start. Speed of driver & good car & good team.

Michael started his career in something that was ten times harder to drive fast and was not so competitive. He worked, with Brawn and the team to put together a great car and team. They did so and he won the championship. That is why it took longer compared to Hamilton. How or why anyone is comparing them is beyond me. We can look back in 5 years and THEN decide if we can compare them. However that will require Hamilton to be the key driving force behind turning a team from bad to amazing. When he does that we can start the comparison. When he turns ANY situation into the best outcome possible and in fact, beyond what should be possible, THEN we can compare them. Not now.

There is NO doubt that Hamilton is a very committed very very fast young driver. Why don't u lot put together a reasonable argument. This is like a football forum. Anyone who isn't ur own team "is a prick" or " is totally shite". Just making everyone on here sound like clueless idiots.

EIL - Aright James . I think he cannot ever tarnish his "record" as he still holds every world record to do with F1 and even if he finishes last all the rest of the season, he can put his feet up and still say that he holds ALL the records basically. Not a bad place to be .

At least he has the balls to give it a go.

Those that can, do. Those that cannot, knock it.

It will be great to see him back. All the drivers on the grid are cream of the crop. Fighting like kids about who is the best is pointless and impossible to win. You need to look back at the END of someone's career and then decide how they did with the machinery and the competition they were dealing with at that time.

Hamilton is still a young lad with loads to prove and I am sure he will.

Give it a chance rather than calling him " better than Schumacher " or " as good as Senna " already.

RW

Last edited by Steven_RW; 29-07-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 29-07-2009, 11:43 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Seriously, that is the biggest load of shite I've read on PF and that's saying something, even including Dojj. You need to try and understand F1 then learn to spell and not just watch cars going around a track and picking a favourite.
Old 30-07-2009, 12:03 AM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Steven_RW

EIL - Aright James . I think he cannot ever tarnish his "record" as he still holds every world record to do with F1 and even if he finishes last all the rest of the season, he can put his feet up and still say that he holds ALL the records basically. Not a bad place to be .
RW
Hey RW, enjoying the M3? Only worry is all the doubters will jump on it if he doesn't top the timing sheets, win every race and beat Hamilton as to the blinkered that will be his epitaph For me having the guts to put it on the line at 40 just to race in F1 again against much younger drivers is AWESOME and in some aspects inspirational like a certain Lance Armstrong or indeed like Senna offering to drive for nothing just to try and win again.
Old 30-07-2009, 12:10 AM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

I hate F1 but i bet shuey is straight back in at or near the top.
Old 30-07-2009, 12:11 AM
KW-rscos

Cut the BS, Shumacher is a legend and was/is the best ever.

End of.

p.s. cant wait to see him back in action!!!!
Old 30-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by chameleon
massa might not have a job if he does well and like's it.............
michael will not replace massa if he is better.he is too much of a friend!he still looks over massa hugely and helps his career.

Originally Posted by Steven_RW
This is so pathetic. The ability of people to put a reasonable argument together on this forum is laughable.

There is FAR more to a great f1 driver than out and out speed. Michael has showed that. Senna also showed that.

Hamilton is young, fresh and very fast. He walked into a great car, therefore he was competitive from the start. Speed of driver & good car & good team.

Michael started his career in something that was ten times harder to drive fast and was not so competitive. He worked, with Brawn and the team to put together a great car and team. They did so and he won the championship. That is why it took longer compared to Hamilton. How or why anyone is comparing them is beyond me. We can look back in 5 years and THEN decide if we can compare them. However that will require Hamilton to be the key driving force behind turning a team from bad to amazing. When he does that we can start the comparison. When he turns ANY situation into the best outcome possible and in fact, beyond what should be possible, THEN we can compare them. Not now.

There is NO doubt that Hamilton is a very committed very very fast young driver. Why don't u lot put together a reasonable argument. This is like a football forum. Anyone who isn't ur own team "is a prick" or " is totally shite". Just making everyone on here sound like clueless idiots.

At least he has the balls to give it a go.

Those that can, do. Those that cannot, knock it.

It will be great to see him back. All the drivers on the grid are cream of the crop. Fighting like kids about who is the best is pointless and impossible to win. You need to look back at the END of someone's career and then decide how they did with the machinery and the competition they were dealing with at that time.

Hamilton is still a young lad with loads to prove and I am sure he will.

Give it a chance rather than calling him " better than Schumacher " or " as good as Senna " already.

RW
well said. absolutley bang on imo. and why cant people on here have discusiions without calling each other pricks,cunts,etc,etc intelligent people can listen/read and put views across with out insults.insults come from frustrated people who cant voice their opinions/ideas correctly or substaintially

bullet,please explain such outbursts...i've been watching F1 religously since the 80's and have heard many a bitching,please give me some examples to remind this old brain

look above your post and there is one example straight away

im only 32 but have watching f1 since around 84/85 when i couldnt understand it other than it was racing and i loved it so im the same as you.
and tbh as has been said some people watch it and dont understand even after years of it,but some know every detail. i dont profess to knowing lots of technical at all but more than some on here
Old 30-07-2009, 10:23 AM
rickbartlett
G911 TTA

will be great to see him up against fresh talent.he is an arrogant cunt but to be fair what a driver.his record speaks for itself! would love to see him and lewis side by side on the front row of next grand prix
Old 30-07-2009, 10:34 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Well if he cant manage a win from Pole inside 4 races he isnt as good as a 40 year old Nigel Mansell
Old 30-07-2009, 10:36 AM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by EIL132
Seriously, that is the biggest load of shite I've read on PF and that's saying something, even including Dojj. You need to try and understand F1 then learn to spell and not just watch cars going around a track and picking a favourite.

Hmmmmmmmmm I have been to the british GP every year for the last 10 years. Never miss a GP and been into F1 since I was 12.

regarding spelling, FUCK OFF!!!!
Old 30-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Hmmmmmmmmm I have been to the british GP every year for the last 10 years. Never miss a GP and been into F1 since I was 12.

regarding spelling, FUCK OFF!!!!
Its a debate not a show of cocks,
Whats next, pictures of all the merchandise youve bought over the years to prove whose the biggest fan

PS - Theres been a drought on pics of your good wife
Old 30-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by Graham S1
OH.MY.FUCKING.GOD.

Pardeep..WTF? You haven't a clue have you?

More tomorrow.
i take it your another hardcore Hamilton Fan?
Old 30-07-2009, 10:55 AM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

lol bigG,

ok Shumi is the best, he did it all by him self and he could have driven any car and won all the championships he did.

I stand down.
Old 30-07-2009, 11:24 AM
KW-rscos

Originally Posted by Mondeo Man
Well if he cant manage a win from Pole inside 4 races he isnt as good as a 40 year old Nigel Mansell
Dont get me wrong, I was a Mansell fan, but when he came back it was because Senna had died, Prost had retired and Hill was the main contender, not really looking at the kind of talent compared to what Shumacher will have to come back to, plus Mansell had only been gone a year and that was spent racing in america
Old 30-07-2009, 11:40 AM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by KW-rscos
Dont get me wrong, I was a Mansell fan, but when he came back it was because Senna had died, Prost had retired and Hill was the main contender, not really looking at the kind of talent compared to what Shumacher will have to come back to, plus Mansell had only been gone a year and that was spent racing in america
He still won from pole against Shuey.......
Old 30-07-2009, 11:43 AM
KW-rscos

Originally Posted by Mondeo Man
He still won from pole against Shuey.......
Yes, but the point being he was out of the sport a year but still racing in a high power single seater series in america, where as shumacher has not driven an F1 car since april 08 and that was a test session not in a racing situation.
Old 30-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

lol bigG,

ok Shumi is the best, he did it all by him self and he could have driven any car and won all the championships he did.

I stand down.
His record speaks for itself you cant deny that, whether he had the best car and weaker competition etc will always cause an argument,
He will find it tougher this time around though, more cars/drivers with the ability to get in the mix for the podium, plus the added incentive for 1 or 2 drivers to get 1 over on a legend they thought they would never get to race against.
Old 30-07-2009, 11:55 AM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by KW-rscos
Yes, but the point being he was out of the sport a year but still racing in a high power single seater series in america, where as shumacher has not driven an F1 car since april 08 and that was a test session not in a racing situation.
Shuey has been racing bikes so his reactions and awareness have been tested

Indycar and F1 are such different cars there is virtually nill crossover between the two so all the driving skills have to be relearned/adjusted AND Mansell went back and forth between the two! so I dont see theres much difference apart from shuey hasnt 'raced' F1 cars for a year or two despite having driven them untill last year.

And 4 races is plenty to get back up to speed, you either have the commitment/confidence or you dont and F1 is 99.9% about commitment and confidence......it was a tongue in cheek comment but there is some truth behind it, Mansell was still capable of winning at 40 and Frank Williams wanted to give him a contract for the following year for the best car ( which surely would have seen him WDC ) but he was talked out of it by sponsors and other figures involved with Williams F1

Will Shuey be capable of winning inside 4 at 40? ( despite Mansell beig fat etc and carrying the legacy of a broken back and broken necks etc )
Old 30-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Lowson

This thread has been a fair read. There's a lot of clashing opinions, arguments, etc going on. I don't know a lot about F1 @ all, have never really followed it but can sit down and enjoy watching it.

I'll admit i'm pretty much a neutral when it comes to who wins it etc, of course i would love to see a Scottish champion, but at the end of the day it doesn't make much difference to me.

Even having little knowledge about the sport itself, i can see there has been a lot of shite emerging from some people's knowledge banks, and at the same time a lot of sensible comments too. Probably a good balance for sustaining an argument

However, my point of being quite neutral to the sport allows me to sit back and say:

Regardless of who wins, etc, etc, etc, i will look forward to and enjoy watching Schumacher and Hamilton competing in the same race

Last edited by Lowson; 30-07-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 30-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Phil
Jeebus

Can't wait to see Schumacher vs Hamilton vs Vettel vs Alonso (maybe ). It should be great to watch everyone upping their game to take on Schuey.

Those of you arguing about nothing really need to get out more!
Old 30-07-2009, 12:09 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

AMAZING!

I will watch F1 again!

Quick Reply: Schumacher is back!!!!