General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

TESCO's didnt sell me doggy food??

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 08:16 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

why not put the first 6 in your car then go back for another 6 and pay at a different checkout?
Old 09-07-2009, 08:27 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is bloody ridiculous!

Imagine someone going into a car dealers and saying, 'right, i want 4 cars please'. 'Sorry mate, we can only sell you one as we need to save some for other customers'.

A sale is a sale. If they cant sort there stock levels out then they need a new manager.

Incidently, is there not a law that says if you offer to buy something and they refuse to take your money then you can take it anyway? Or is that just a myth?
Old 09-07-2009, 08:30 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm quite surprised at how illiterate you can be and still get what must be classed as a reasonable job in the HQ of a major company these days
Old 09-07-2009, 08:34 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I have one word for you, you must be an oink in all terms of the word congrats on being a prized twat you win f**k all for your response well done you prized prick, you obviously have a great job which pays you well and good luck to you may all your dreams blow up in your face i have tried to be subjective have never been on here and if that is the level of response from uneducated oinks well done my ideas of PF have been met clap clap!!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 08:40 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
I'm quite surprised at how illiterate you can be and still get what must be classed as a reasonable job in the HQ of a major company these days
Nick what do you do for a living? how well do you do from what you do, how sucsussfall are you in your field of knowledge?

I asked my wife to responed to what was obviously a griveance by a fellow PF user, she did so and gave the honest answers,

Have you had a long day at work Nick and been driving for quite a number of hours?

Can you tell me what me wife has been doing today and how her day went?

I strongly doubt you can so l would make the suggestion that you pull your fucking head out you arse you rude belittling cunt, somebody offered an answer to a question, her spelling may not be a 100% all the time, whos is?

It is people like you that make me return to this website less and less, constructive dialogue is one thing being out right rude when it is un called for is another now go fuck yourself

Mike
Old 09-07-2009, 08:42 PM
andy130
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin Sharp
maybe they thought you owned an old folks home and were stocking up on food for the residents
Old 09-07-2009, 08:55 PM
PAUL V
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by MikeR
I have one word for you, you must be an oink in all terms of the word congrats on being a prized twat you win f**k all for your response well done you prized prick, you obviously have a great job which pays you well and good luck to you may all your dreams blow up in your face i have tried to be subjective have never been on here and if that is the level of response from uneducated oinks well done my ideas of PF have been met clap clap!!!!
O-dear someone is upset just remember us oinks are customers, what ever happed to the customer is always right
Old 09-07-2009, 08:59 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I doubt you will get a response from her now after being met by such a rude cunt, she only came on to try and offer an answer after a long day at work not be spoken to like that,

Mike
Old 09-07-2009, 09:03 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

she must be used to it working at tescos? but dont worry, its just the internet.. my best mate works at the main tesco depot at livingston for several years now and he says theyre cunts to work for and treat the local employees like shit compaired to the agency foreigners who get all the overtime and put through all the training courses.
since she works in head office she might know if its true a big knob managing director of tescos also owns the agency that supply all the foreign labour to themselves?

Last edited by fuzzy; 09-07-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:03 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If you read my post it was to the person (them only) who was down right rude and out of line not to the many customers we have he/she decided to be bang out of line when i was only giving a view for my prespective. In future i will not take part in PF because people cannot respect others opinions i dont expect to be mocked or abused by anyone in business or otherwise and for that matter my opinion of PF is of 0% i only tried to help in future i will no say a word. How dare anyone mock me when they dont know me or my education this is down right rude and chav like.

I am sorry to all that had given great verbal comments to this post but as always it only takes 1 to destroy a post.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:10 PM
PAUL V

With respect Mike i think it is what she said IE Tesco’s policy is hard to understand ?
I successful retail business both a bricks and mortar shop and a online shop, the idea that i have to limit the number of 1 item a customer could buy is just crazy. And i think most people on here think the same way.
In retail you buy to sell and if you cannot fulfil your customers needs then you have failed to give good customer service.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:19 PM
749steve
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my parents use their motor home to travel abroad and they often stock up at our local tesco before they go.
they often buy large amounts of stuff like pop,tinned food,etc
and have never been stopped from doing this and have been doing this for the last 15 years, so it seems very strange that this guy was refused his few cans of dog food
Old 09-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Kevin Sharp
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tesco share price dropped half a pence today probably due to the loss of pet food sales
Old 09-07-2009, 09:27 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I want to draw a line in the sand i have made a comment about 6 not 1, 3 or any other number but 6. I have given you info about stores use it or not i am not bothered, all i have realised is that some (few) people can be down right rude and bang out of order and therefore will never post on PF again thanks for making my first and last visit great (NOT) You and you know who you are should be ashamed of making my experience awful.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
You pick on everyone's mistakes, and you are never perfect in doing so. Full stop next time?

Benni.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:32 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

Benni stop trying to be a clever fucker, surely somebody with the amount of time you appear to have can see that as a buisness if you give a large part of your stock to one customer the other 10 that come in after will leave un happy, do you appease one and keep 10 others happy and piss 10 of, simple really l would think, however as Liz is saying l gather that if you tell the customer services that you require more it should not be much of a problem and it allows the store to order more for the increased demand.

Mike

hmmmm have to disagree,

6 cans will last 3 days, most dog owners buy alot more that 6 cans per trip, now if you dont allow me to buy more than 6 or the shelves are empty either way im not getting my poochy food
Old 09-07-2009, 09:33 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

bye then, close the door on your way out....

Last edited by fuzzy; 09-07-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

marks and spencer used to have a similer policy back years ago, they also would order less stuff to reduce the " waste" or erosion of food,,,,, which ment that people stopped buying from the smaller mark's and went elsewhere to get there main shopping due to the sheves being empty

i cant see the logic here as surely your buyers can see the trends in there departments of products that are selling out before the next shipments and then order more in the next time,,,,,, hell our system at work does it by its self and will raise the stock profile if more than the normal number is sold within time

sorry im afraid that its bad management of stock thats causing the need for this

tescos is a supermarket,,, not a local store so they became market leaders by holding more stock that the local corner shops so people done there weekly shop,, these days monthly shops..... if you cant buy more than 6 tins of beans whats the point going to a SUPERMARKET,,,,,

as for the working in headoffice with no literacy,,,,, thats not a hard thing as she is prob like me and someone who is good at her job,,,,,,, and dont have a job as a fucking english teacher at tescos HQ

still think 6 tins of dog food is a joke,,,,,, and pre ordering it is a bigger joke,,, better off going elsewhere and the more people that do that then tescos might remember why they got so much money,,,,,,, its cause others give them it, take it to morrisons along with the rest of the shopping

PERSONALLY i no longer use tescos as there milk and bread in my tescos is more fucking money that my local paper shop sells it for these days,,,,, found that out by accident as i had no cash so tescos to use my card and the bill was higher,,, also there mangos are 2 quid but you get one free so a quid each,,, sounds cheap,,,,, apart from i can get 2 FRESH ones for a quid

i could go on longer too
Old 09-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Someone who comes to my class said she couldnt buy 12 mullerlights in Tesco last week, the woman said the same thing, i wouldnt care but there are 7 in her house, so its not even 2 a week each. Absolutely ridiculous rule imo.

Sarah
Old 09-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by BM08
Id have told them to fcking keep it, and left with the 12cans on the counter and the que of customers behind.

Ridiculous, its a shop, you should be allowed to buy whatever the hell you like, and any amount
Yep deffo. We once did a full weeks shop at Morrissons. Full trolley. With one bottle of wine in there. This was about 2 years ago both me and the wife were 29. Spotty little cow at the till asked the wife for id, she does look younger than her years but not 21 or under, it was pathetic....we asked to see the manager who said they had to back up their staff as they are taught to ask for id if suspicous, so we left all the lot on the belt....knobheads!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:39 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

i go to morrisons as they always do various buy one get one free deals. if i buy 6 tins of dog food i get another 6 free. fuck tescos.pity i dont have a dog

Last edited by fuzzy; 09-07-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:47 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by 749steve
my parents use their motor home to travel abroad and they often stock up at our local tesco before they go.
they often buy large amounts of stuff like pop,tinned food,etc
and have never been stopped from doing this and have been doing this for the last 15 years, so it seems very strange that this guy was refused his few cans of dog food
so im lying now

dude have you not been reading? someone who works for tesco HQ has just explained tesco policy and then went on to explain no more than 6 of the same product rule
Old 09-07-2009, 09:49 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

For the response to mr Frs i have a degree in food marketing and business studies and earn on average more than 80% of the population of the UK my spelling may not be the best on here but rest assured when it comes to emails to suppliers or tesco staff we have such a thing as SPELL CHECK check it out, yes i am dyselixa go on mock, laugh take the piss but is it not the great challenege that anyone can rise in business whether there english is a ok or average have some moral back bone and respect.
You have only proved yourself to be an A hole who has no respect for people who's spelling may not be excellent does that make them great in business most people would disagree. by the way my dads accountant is dyslexic oh and my dads makes a fortune so dont take the piss. you have only proved yourself as a prized tool well done.

I never wanted this post to end this way and sorry it has but when i am attacked personally this is not right
Old 09-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Chris Honeywell
Advanced PassionFord User

You earn more money than 80% of the population

Well thats more than me then if you like you can wipe you feet on me as you leave but be quick as i am off to buy 12 more tins of cat food
Old 09-07-2009, 10:06 PM
natehall
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

i have a degree in food marketing and business studies and earn on average more than 80% of the population of the UK
I had respect for you until this post.

No one on here cares how much you earn or your qualifications make you think you are worth, this is an internet forum not a board room of toffs.

In all honesty as I am sure you are aware if you are as intelligent as you believe you are, once you get into industry your degree is worth sweet FA! And IMHO only those people who are jumped up and think they are something special make quotes like this to try and win an arguement. You do not see me running around spouting if I am classed as a high earner or not, or the fact that I am degree educated.

The attack against your spelling was infact quite a childish response and completely off topic, however for someone who holds what should be quite a respected position in HQ, to respond like that leave a very negative impact on the public image of Tesco's and someone who should understand this if you are in such a respected position and not lose your temper in a childish manner.

just my 2p's worth
Old 09-07-2009, 10:07 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

i think it's got a little out of hand

i took it to be a tounge in cheek pop at normal tesco staffers who, like those with mcjobs, tend to do it as a transisional job rather than a full scale career

i for one thank you mrs mikeR for letting us in on the thinking behind some of these desicsions in some stores

thanks and good night
Old 09-07-2009, 10:07 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

there is no need for smart comments! buy as much rat/ sorry cat food as you like knock yourself out as per my original posts i only came online to give business advice not to be attacked, and to be honest with you have never been in an environment where this has happened till PF, i must admit i am saddened by most/some people's responses as i think it has been out of order
Old 09-07-2009, 10:11 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thank you Mr Dojj your comments are great and i appreciate them greatly

As said i wont comment on PF again and wish i had kept myself quite instead of the highly rude comments and nasty vile behaviour from some members, i am a hard working individual who takes my job seriously and angry that people can make an opinion of me without knowing my background or education.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:16 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

As said i wont comment on PF again

lol
Old 09-07-2009, 10:26 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Thank you Mr Dojj your comments are great and i appreciate them greatly

As said i wont comment on PF again and wish i had kept myself quite instead of the highly rude comments and nasty vile behaviour from some members, i am a hard working individual who takes my job seriously and angry that people can make an opinion of me without knowing my background or education.

unfortunately, this is the internet and everyone is allowed on it (other than those being held under the prevention of terrorism act like that bloke with hooks for hands, i wonder how he brushes his teeth and wipes his bum? )

there are 4 tesco's round my way that i use on occasion and i find that the stores and staff tend to reflect the peole who go there, the one in osterly is right posh, but hte one in yeading lane is full of chav scum, the one in greenford is full of dodgy looking sorts but the one by western international seems to be for everyone
Old 09-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Tescos are shit. Morrisons all the way
Old 09-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Kevin Sharp
PassionFord Post Whore!!

na....asdas i got 83 cans of dogfood there to supply the local chinese takeaway last week...speshal flied lice
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Infact, belay my last... Kwik Save!
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by dojj

unfortunately, this is the internet and everyone is allowed on it
to be honest there was only one post that may have offended, alot of very good arguments against the 6 items policy but the thread has now turned to a slanging match
Old 09-07-2009, 11:23 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If a company (especially one as big as tesco) cannot keep their shelves full (or lets say, not empty) after meeting a customers needs for wanting 12 tins of dog food, then they really need to re-think there shelf stacking/stock stratergies. My god its not rocket science is it. Madness.

In fairness, the thread starter (and a few others that have had the same experience) have probably just dropped unlucky and come across a jobsworth.

Which ever way you look at it, this is NOT good business sense. They should not limit the amount to 'make it fair for everyone', they should look at ways to offer people the amount they want, as well as keeping the shelves full (or not empty). The way they are doing it, they are potentially losing money by not meeting customers needs, and also potentially losing customers for good. I know if this happened to me i would go elsewhere and never step foot in a tesco again.

Last edited by S1rst; 09-07-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:04 AM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

I dont want to give you all the answers but its not always down to stores as to what stocking levels they get please bear that in mind and be open minded that we as a business are never out to get you. I am a customer too and before i worked for HQ retail i did not trully get it but know i do its opned me up to the fact that Tesco are a great buisness to work for and i have the best job in the world.
I suppose it is because u are in the business of looking for repeat customers and the bonus of selling a 'few more' to one person has less benefit compared to the loss of business from multiple other customers turning up, not being able to get what they want and then not coming back.

I can appreciate that.

Most of us (me included) would sell everything in the shop if we could and have the store empty for a day. IE - we would just want to sell EVERYTHING however from ur position, it would do more harm than good to have an empty store. I expect it would be a success if you could match your stock to the increased demand, therefore selling much more than normal but not running the store to empty.

Interesting education.

Sainsburys let me buy as much as I like. I often buy 10+ boxes of porridge oats and just put them in the cupboard till I need them

Cheers

RW
Old 10-07-2009, 12:33 AM
furqall

i used to buy trays of tescos cheap beans and have never been stopped, i also used to buy shit loads (50-70x1 litres)of cooking oil for my van again never been stopped.

when they did run out of cooking oil i placed a customer order went back to the store to collect only to have them fuck the whole order up.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:52 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Can Mike's partner confirm ASDA having so many more cheap products is all their home brand? The stuff real people don't eat.

Benni.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:10 AM
ReeceRS
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

intresting post lol now were argueing over dog food,spelling and pay checks! i think people just put there feeling across abit strongly on the internet because they can be rude cunts as there more than likely never going to meet the person there talking to.

excuse spelling im dyslexic so spelling is crap and my maths is worse lol

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 10-07-2009, 02:24 AM
Kestrel77
Alive

I think its got out of hand, someone is very tired and should've just switched the Computer OFF and gorn to Bed . . . .
I feel sorry for anyone Offended, it is a fair~point to make, I would be very Unhappy,
as a former dog owner n a present cat~owner, altho i once worked in Morrisons as the Fish~Monger !! And some folk are rude, but about a third of the management were real~tur#s sadly...
Anyway, I apologise on everyones behalf, Sorry
Paul

Quick Reply: TESCO's didnt sell me doggy food??