General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
View Poll Results: £5000 what would you buy
sierra cosworth saph or 3 door
69.32%
200sx
30.68%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

200sx or saph cossie

Search this Thread

Old 16-12-2004, 11:56 AM
Zetec_mk4_XR3i
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Saph deffo, personally think they are the best looking Cossie anyway but def over a Nissan!
Old 16-12-2004, 12:00 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MadMac,

and what are you saying about not getting a very good cossie for under 5k? are you saying that all sub 5k cossies are absolute shit, cos i'd be very offeded if that is the case.
Old 16-12-2004, 12:03 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by SapphyMike
MadMac,

and what are you saying about not getting a very good cossie for under 5k? are you saying that all sub 5k cossies are absolute shit, cos i'd be very offeded if that is the case.
Your braking yours aint ya I think I proved my point

Nah what I mean is you would be very lucky to get a decent one for under 5k as compaider to an under 5k nissan, ie- no rust, 30k on the clock and in mint condition.
Old 16-12-2004, 12:18 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by MadMac
Originally Posted by SapphyMike
MadMac,

Your braking yours aint ya I think I proved my point
Old 16-12-2004, 12:26 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Nope, mine is going in 1 peice - ie as the car was intended so back at you

I just need to put the rad and bumper on and all will be well, so once again for good measure.

why was i going to break it? Cos i didnt want to see anyone else driving my car around, but its easier to sell it as a whole.

so again,
Old 16-12-2004, 01:52 PM
Anh
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by Itsmeagain
FFS Anh/Strutbrace sad coonts arguing about shit its obvious neither of you got a fookin clue about, getting most the shit you say totally wrong, you blatantly have never had any experience of the car your attemptung to slag off (Ive drove plenty cossies of cossies, inc the one i owned for 3yrs, at least 5 S14s with various mods, 2 S13s one std one modded, and the misfortune to drive a slightly modded old Supra Turbo too, so i know whats best n what aint, and no pathetic kids at school style blinkers either...)

Anh- Jus fuck off mate, nobody cares, your here just to argue and talk shit, and you drive a heap of crap that nobody likes but you.

Frankly ive never seen any saff that looks half as cool as the pics above, but thats my choice and i respect anyone for prefering saffs, up to them, i love saffs too.
I dont have to be all gay n blinkered about it and go on and on about cars i know nothing about, just becuase someone has a different opinion of whats good n whats not.
On one hand I have a childish geordie shoving his opinion down my throat, and on the other I have condecending thinks-he-knows-it-all members like yourself who think's he's smarter than he really is.

Who's slagging what car down? .... I didn't. I compared the 2 cars using facts. Fact that the Sierra Cosworth shares the same parts and chassis as the basic 80's Sierra. Fact is the 200 sx is a far newer flatform and most likely a far stiffer body (for anyone interested in making it a great handling car.)

Fact is the 200 sx (S13 ) is LIGHTER than the Sierra by several dozen kilos and make similar power. What's so insulting about that?

Where's the slagging off, SteveN? ?

And er, I don't have a problem if you or anyone else not liking MY car, but it seems you HAVE a problem that I DON'T like the Sierras as much as you do.
Old 16-12-2004, 02:25 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well take my point about just fucking off then mate, there no reason for you to be here, you dont like RS's, nobody likes you, just leave

With both cars standard or almost standard, S13s dont make similar power, and dont have as good brakes, not as good handling apart from the late S13s either, they ARE lighter tho.

I love S13s, id prefer the look of Bladeys Orange S13 to any Saff ive ever seen, but i know the difference mate, a "stg1" S13 will ge totally mauled by a "stg1" Saff Cossie, and trust me, weve had that race plenty of times in "testing" round here.
With the parts available, ultimatley i do think you can make a S13 a better car than a Saff, but we not talking that, we talking std or almost standard 5k cars that the average joe with not a huge about of knowlege will own and mod.

With talking 5k cars thats a S14a, which IMO is a far better car than a 5k saff, equal at almost everything, better in everything else, and shatloads newer.
Looks etc is debatable, rest is fact.

But when it comes down to it, its only idiots like you n the other 1 or 2 going on, its OPINIONS your all blabbing not FACTS, so just give it up...

Whats with the "SteveN" bit? Am i meant to be amazed or somthing that you know who i am? Everyone does, even that Haribo on the GTR site can work that out and hes 15 ffs
Old 16-12-2004, 02:31 PM
Escy
Advanced PassionFord User

I love S13s, id prefer the look of Bladeys Orange S13 to any Saff ive ever seen, but i know the difference mate, a "stg1" S13 will ge totally mauled by a "stg1" Saff Cossie, and trust me, weve had that race plenty of times in "testing" round here.
thats true

but if you put 2 cars up that had the same power (say my stg3 on lowish boost at about 280bhp and a stg1 saph which is about 280bhp) it'd be a different story.

no point argueing it though, i know what i prefer and thats all the matters.

also, if the thread starter was seriously interested in a comparison he'd have put this same thread on SXOC.
Old 16-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Anh

Well take my point about just fucking off then mate, there no reason for you to be here, you dont like RS's, nobody likes you, just leave

With both cars standard or almost standard, S13s dont make similar power, and dont have as good brakes, not as good handling apart from the late S13s either, they ARE lighter tho.

With the parts available, ultimatley i do think you can make a S13 a better car than a Saff, but we not talking that, we talking std or almost standard 5k cars that the average joe with not a huge about of knowlege will own and mod.

With talking 5k cars thats a S14a, which IMO is a far better car than a 5k saff, equal at almost everything, better in everything else, and shatloads newer.
Looks etc is debatable, rest is fact.

But when it comes down to it, its only idiots like you n the other 1 or 2 going on, its OPINIONS your all blabbing not FACTS, so just give it up...
I gave facts, for the 4th time already, the 200 sx is lighter, newer, and it's a coupe. Those are facts. Simply saying "Cossie's are the king m8" isn't.
I wonder why you havent once refuted these facts, maybe because you can't.

I havent made any opinions on any of the cars, the only opinions I have made are against certain members, and you just decided to put yourself in that frame. Just because I can tell the difference between the SX and a Cosworth, you find it in your own head that I am anti RS.

You really are starting to show how serious you take things in message boards.

Whats with the "SteveN" bit? Am i meant to be amazed or somthing that you know who i am? Everyone does, even that Haribo on the GTR site can work that out and hes 15 ffs
Nope, but you lack credibility in here as you do in the GTR boards. You made several condecending posts to Skyline enthusiast lecturing them that they prefer Skylines opposed to Cosworths. Pretty unproductive, but you have found a lot of time and energy to shove your own preferences down other people's throats.

And one final thing, if you don't like what I say, don't tell me to leave. If you don't like what is happening within a thread then YOU can leave.

Yes?
Old 16-12-2004, 04:25 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Your just making up crap ive never said now

Your as much of a condecending gom as Inline6 as you are as Anh, your arguing with yourself.

Credibility

What a stroker
Old 16-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Anh

Your just making up crap ive never said now
??? I didn't quote anything you said let alone make any up, I just recalled there were a few long lecturing posts in the GTR boards, they're still in there if you do a search.
Old 16-12-2004, 04:57 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

I post the truth about when people are talking crap with regard to "fact", not opinions.

Like when they was going on about cams and they had no idea what they were on about, it turned into an argument, but i was right.

The recent post on anti-lag and launch control, i jumped in before too much bullshit was said and was fine and people thanked me, but if idve left it for all the people to talk rubbish on it, THEN posted, itd look like a lecture...

I get more repleis to posts via PM on there than on the board as most people agree but too trashed to say anything on there as they haven tgot the bottle to be different from the clique in there...

Stuck in their ways to some extent, just like the RSBB and here used to be with their RS500 spec blinkers, used to get loads of grief for saying about specs which are remarkably identical to the ones that are everywhere on cossies now. I was right, people just didnt see it past their blinkers.

Either way, your going nowhere fast going on and on, its safe to say nobodys listening as this post is dead in the water mate.

If you wanna carry on like a lil kid, jus do it by PM or summat so everyone can ignore it, inc me, and let this post die in dignity...
Old 17-12-2004, 01:18 AM
weegaz22
PassionFord Regular

has to be the 200sx s14a for me, newer, lower mileage, cheaper to mod, more modern looking, cheaper insurance, more reliable

only reason id go for one over a saph is beacause it was built as a sports coupe in the first place and not a normal everyday runaround car like a sierra, cossie is still a great car but if i look at it sensibly you can pick up low mileage s14a's with full service hisory for the 5k

and there is a good forum friendly on the 200sx like this one

www.sxoc.co.uk