General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Keeping cats out the garden

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

cat poo Mmmmmmmmmmmm lovely
Old 01-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Csm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Cragrat
cat poo Mmmmmmmmmmmm lovely

its that beefy oxo cube smell
Old 01-07-2009, 08:24 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think you should go speak to the said owners of the cat and ask them, polightly of coarse, to view this vid, see if they get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFVUIEg9j04
Old 01-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Rich_bloor
rich_bloor@hotmail.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by st3v3
Old 01-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Originally Posted by Csm
its that beefy oxo cube smell

is he on line tonite ?
Old 01-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Mark_w
Advanced PassionFord User

I think this could be fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elpA1kSTaMY

regards mark
Old 01-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

LMAO @ Train it to go to the litter tray See, this is the mentality you get on PF now
Old 01-07-2009, 09:22 PM
hitchwest

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if i found out that someone was hurting my cat i would do the same to them they dont know right from wrong its like trying to stop a bird from shitting on your car

how the hell does the cat know it cant shit in someones garden
plus i would like to see the mess our cat would make of a dog he chased a staffi once the bloke who was walking it said god your cats hard
Old 01-07-2009, 09:32 PM
jhot80
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Run a wire around the top of your fence and attach it to a motorbike battery. shouldn't kill the cat but give a big enough shock that it will stay away. or buy one of those really high pitched sound generators that cats hate.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Fiesta_ie
Sandpaperman in acction

Originally Posted by jhot80
Run a wire around the top of your fence and attach it to a motorbike battery. shouldn't kill the cat but give a big enough shock that it will stay away. or buy one of those really high pitched sound generators that cats hate.
a motorbike or a car battery doesn't do anything its too weak, just lith some christmas ligths dont light cats
Old 02-07-2009, 04:02 AM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 1.9 xr2 on 40's
i just got a puppy, she better learn to chase off cats quick, twat a few doors up had loads and they crap in my garden when the kids play, im sick of chasing em (cats not kids)
and your puppy is going to shit where
Old 02-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
LMAO @ Train it to go to the litter tray See, this is the mentality you get on PF now
So what do suggest then

If it can't b done why do I see litter trays in peoples houses that I work in with cat shit in?
Old 02-07-2009, 02:00 PM
AJ_ERST
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by S1rst
Same old thread doing its rounds with the same old twat-ish replys from idiots who dont deserves to be on this earth if they are actually serious. Although i do wonder whether some people make these comments for a reaction. Sad either way.

There free roaming animals and its just a part of life. Deal with it. Use the water method and if its done properly, then 99% of the time, it will work. Orange peel is also said to work well. How can the owners of these cats stop them going where they want too? They cant, so dont blame the owners either. Its life. If you dont want your kids picking it up (although as said, no doubt we've all picked it up when kids and we're still here), then make sure your gardens fit for them beofre letting them out in it. Or better still, keep an eye on them. Its not that difficult.

And anyone who would even seriously consider taking a cat away from its family and dumping it miles away, is just total scum and will get what they deserve at some stage in life.

If all these people have to worry about in life is a bit of cat shit or a cat wandering around your property, then you you to take a long hard look at yourself. Put things into perspective for gods sake!

Anyway, rant over.
Well said
Old 02-07-2009, 02:43 PM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds

There ARE things called cat litter tray's and the idea of having one has been adopted by millions of cat owners in the past . What happens is , when you buy a kitten you teach it to poo in the tray using various methods (do a search on google for "litter training your cat") it would seem that it is quite an effective method of stopping your pet from having a turnout on other peoples property .

Its not a passionford urban legend
Old 02-07-2009, 02:47 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by V8 EsCos
Water gun does seem to work, and it can be good fun catching the dirty little bastards by suprise and giving them a good squirt

Mark
Yeah but BB guns are better, preferably with ball bearing type.

Originally Posted by Mark_w

well deserved.

Originally Posted by hitchwest
if i found out that someone was hurting my cat i would do the same to them they dont know right from wrong its like trying to stop a bird from shitting on your car
Not really mate as cats have an owner birds in the sky don't. As said the right thing to do is to knock on their door but if they don't sort it then let the games begin I say.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:01 PM
mcst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't understand why a lot of people have them in the first place. They spend most of their time shut out by MOST people i know with them. Ours got let out in the morning after they were fed and they were waiting by the back door when we got home in the evening, i was usually at home though so they were indoors most of the time,they went out whenever they wanted and then spent the night indoors and used the litter tray during the night! I caught one on my car twice shoo'd her off and she never did it again. Its not hard its just people get them and its easier to leave them to shit wherever they want than to train them.
SOME people think that becasue they will happily roam all day they are an easy pet but they will obviously do what they like unless trained!
Fact is some people don't like them and where you live close to others the owners need to take more responsibility, sadly many don't, cruelty is not the answer though.

As said earlier in the thread i don't have a problem with cats here (yapping jack russells are a different matter) but my parents do and can't leave the back door open in summer as they get in and one shit in the kitchen once. Yes they spoke to the owner but he denied it was his and blamed the neighbour on the other side! Dads tried everything but nothing works.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:03 PM
mcst

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by brad
PMSL
Old 02-07-2009, 05:19 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mondymatt
I don't understand why a lot of people have them in the first place. They spend most of their time shut out by MOST people i know with them. Ours got let out in the morning after they were fed and they were waiting by the back door when we got home in the evening, i
Yeah in the 1920s people shut their cats out, but in this civilised age people allow the cats to come and go as they please - Which (IMHO) is far more humane than having a dog shut indoors all day long.

And Brad - Litter trays are for kittens and cats that don't go out. Can you imagine the stench on a hot day if a cat crapped in one!! Fuck that, I'd rather it laid a turd in your garden than in my house
Old 02-07-2009, 06:15 PM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord

And Brad - Litter trays are for kittens and cats that don't go out. Can you imagine the stench on a hot day if a cat crapped in one!! Fuck that, I'd rather it laid a turd in your garden than in my house

cheeky cooont
Old 02-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Cragrat
So what do suggest then

If it can't b done why do I see litter trays in peoples houses that I work in with cat shit in?
Thats for when they are locked in the house, the piss n shit in there, they wont come in from outside to do it though! They do it outside to mark their territory!
Old 02-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

There ARE things called cat litter tray's and the idea of having one has been adopted by millions of cat owners in the past . What happens is , when you buy a kitten you teach it to poo in the tray using various methods (do a search on google for "litter training your cat") it would seem that it is quite an effective method of stopping your pet from having a turnout on other peoples property .

What a gom
Old 02-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Mark_w

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Can you imagine the stench on a hot day if a cat crapped in one!! Fuck that, I'd rather it laid a turd in your garden than in my house
Which is the reason why so many people want to throw bricks at them,shoot them,spray them with water,take them for a nice drive in the country, feed them antifreeze or jeyes fluid or just a good old fashioned kick up the arse. At the end of the day,children are more important than a dirty little shit machine and for every cat lover there are 2 people that hate them. Our local cat luckily has left my garden now,i sprayed the area it crapped on with jeyes fluid and that sorted it for a few days and then got the plants which has kept it away,a good job as i had the cardboard box ready that it was going in,away for a little trip The trouble with cat owners is they do not realise how much the rest of us hate them
Old 02-07-2009, 06:44 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Come on mate! Litter trays are for when there inside. Do you really think a cat will come inside to use the litter try when it fancies a crap????
Old 02-07-2009, 06:48 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Which is the reason why so many people want to throw bricks at them,shoot them,spray them with water,take them for a nice drive in the country, feed them antifreeze or jeyes fluid or just a good old fashioned kick up the arse. At the end of the day,children are more important than a dirty little shit machine and for every cat lover there are 2 people that hate them. Our local cat luckily has left my garden now,i sprayed the area it crapped on with jeyes fluid and that sorted it for a few days and then got the plants which has kept it away,a good job as i had the cardboard box ready that it was going in,away for a little trip The trouble with cat owners is they do not realise how much the rest of us hate them

Old 02-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Come on mate! Litter trays are for when there inside. Do you really think a cat will come inside to use the litter try when it fancies a crap????
Of course he does! One cell!

Mark, i hate the little fuckers coming in my garden, and i once caught one on my car and i was livid, still wouldnt be a cunt and harm one though!
Old 02-07-2009, 06:49 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Oh not another one.

Its shocking that this can even enter peoples heads over a bit of cat shit to be honest. Some people need to put things into perspective if they would consider sticking a cat in a box and doing whatever with it over a bit of cat shit. Thats just wrong and can only be done or thought about by seriously twisted people who need serious help. Not nice knowing that theres people like this in the world.

Last edited by S1rst; 02-07-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:52 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Oh Not nice knowing that theres people like this in the world.

Same could be said about knowing there is people who can't be fucked to look after a dog, so they are happy enough to keep a 'free roaming animal' as a pet, who are happy to let it shit all over other their neighbours gardens, trampling flower beds and scratching cars but hey, we all have our own opinions.....
Old 02-07-2009, 06:55 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Rich170
Oh no another twisted one! What is the world coming too!

Seriously, if people are speaking truthfully about what they have done or want to do to cats that shit in their gardens, then they really need to have a re-think on life. They are no better than the people who torture animals, or the scum bags that want to damage your car, or the idiots that go out drinking just for a fight, or just wierdo's and criminals in general. The lowest of the low! So i really hope these people dont have the cheek to moan if anything like this happens to them.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:56 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Same could be said about knowing there is people who can't be fucked to look after a dog, so they are happy enough to keep a 'free roaming animal' as a pet, who are happy to let it shit all over other their neighbours gardens, trampling flower beds and scratching cars but hey, we all have our own opinions.....
Yes we do...please see my opinion above.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:56 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Oh no another twisted one! What is the world coming too!
Drama queen
Old 02-07-2009, 07:01 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Drama queen
No its just i seriously find it pathetic to be honest mate. Im all for people talking about it to try and sort it out, but doing things mentioned on here and people saying stupid things is ridiculous. Anyway, its winding me up the wrong way thats theres people around like this so thats the last ill say on this.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:21 PM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

yes m8 , its called training , the other half has cats and they all do it in thier own trays , its the same as humans taking a dump in the street , we can but we dont because we have been taught that its not right .

here you go , i did the search for you
http://www.hdw-inc.com/litterbox.htm

Lee i guess some of this maybee difficult for you to understand as it doesnt contain insults but if you have any questions im sure the other users reading this thread can click the link and convert it into pf english for you ......... bellend
Old 02-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Mark_w

No its just i seriously find it pathetic to be honest mate. Im all for people talking about it to try and sort it out, but doing things mentioned on here and people saying stupid things is ridiculous. Anyway, its winding me up the wrong way thats theres people around like this so thats the last ill say on this.
I am afraid talking about it does not stop them shitting on other peoples property. From my experience, the people who do not like cat shit in their garden,will go to any lengths to get rid of the cat,i work with a few keen gardeners and they have shot,thrown bricks and poisoned the local cats to keep them away. Only this week a work colleague found the neighbours dead cat in his garden,so he boxed it up and left it in front of her garage so it did not stink his garden out in the hot weather.

regards mark
Old 02-07-2009, 08:00 PM
p.cressie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Love the way people are saying "its only a bit of shit, won't hurt you, cats don't know any better". Lets turn it round, and say my little lad was coming into your garden and shitting you'd soon be moaning. I'd never hurt a cat, but it does get on your tits when you have to check the garden before letting your kids out. Then when you let your rabbit out for a run, that's what it gets a bloody good run when a cat's chasing it lol. As for the black cats with marbles in there eyes. they don't work

Last edited by p.cressie; 02-07-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:01 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I am afraid talking about it does not stop them shitting on other peoples property. From my experience, the people who do not like cat shit in their garden,will go to any lengths to get rid of the cat,i work with a few keen gardeners and they have shot,thrown bricks and poisoned the local cats to keep them away. Only this week a work colleague found the neighbours dead cat in his garden,so he boxed it up and left it in front of her garage so it did not stink his garden out in the hot weather.

regards mark
These people are just pure scum bags then. No better than the scum that rob our houses, or vandalise our cars. The lowest of the low to kill or hurt a defencless animal. Im ashamed to breath the same air as people like this. Pure scum!
Old 02-07-2009, 08:19 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Old 02-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Csm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Right end the topic now problem sorted

squirted it in the eye with anti-freeze
kicked it up the arse
nailed its tail to the shed door before shooting at it with a pellet gun
got a tin of lynx deodorant and a lighter for some mini flame throwing fun and now its like dr evils cat from austin powers

Folk are taking this too far..........sticking up for cats
Old 02-07-2009, 08:46 PM
jonnyrsturbo
is half man, half amazin'

this is my way of keeping them out!

Old 02-07-2009, 08:52 PM
89xr2
Brap!

We used to have a Springer spaniel that liked to try and eat cats, although we'd never let it kill them it always tried to. Cats stopped coming in the garden altogther.. Sadly he had to be put down a couple of years ago now and cats have only just started coming back in the garden recently. Obviously getting a dog isnt always an option though. Good luck with keeping them out though.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:56 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

dog shit will be bigger and messier than cat shit though.

Quick Reply: Keeping cats out the garden