General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Keeping cats out the garden

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Mondeo Man
Any cat scratches my car..the owner will pay.

And there is no law saying they wont
And i dont blame you id be expecting the same! Thats irrelevant!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:17 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
As said, cats are free roaming like birds etc. You wanna change the law, piss off to parliment!

How are pet cats anything like wild birds? The owner mistreats the cat then the RSPC tackle the owner. If the cat is causing a nuisance to people's property then the owner should deal with it. If next door had an owl as a pet and it runs amok then you knock on their door, simple.

Bowl of milk and LSD would be a start if owners shrugged their shoulders at me. Does it make someone a wannabe Johnny concrete for picking on a small cat? No but it gets the fucker of the lawn. Hopefully he'll get a bad trip like that Youtube video and associate your garden with big green trolls.

Another option would be to get an extra fridge freezer in the garage, when it is fouling your garden then stick the cat in the bottom draw for a couple of hours. Take him out later when frozen and pop him back over the fence to thaw out in the sunshine.

Originally Posted by Benni
When your girlfriend can balance Herself and sleep on a flat screen television I'll entertain your comment.

Benni.
Yes but you can't get your back wheels in the cat whenever you like, even if you've tried.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Skeg, stick to the footie threads Pal, Pets or not they are free roaming animals.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skeg;4249230

Yes but you can't get your back wheels in the cat whenever you like, even if[B
you've tried. [/B]
You wouldn't have a dick full stop if you put my Cat in a freezer. You'd wan't a fucking freezer to put it in whilst you rushed yourself to A and E.

Benni.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:27 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Skeg, stick to the footie threads Pal, Pets or not they are free roaming animals.

If someone keeps something then they are responsible for it. Pet, kid, possession or otherwise.

You wouldn't have a dick full stop if you put my Cat in a freezer. You'd wan't a fucking freezer to put it in whilst you rushed yourself to A and E.

Benni.

LOL pull the other one, Benni, you can't even deal with that local youth who keeps stealing your 10p mix. (what was his name.....)

Last edited by skeg; 04-07-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I was just waiting for him to get a Cat so I could put it in a freezer. I wanna' take him down like a man you see, and killing a Cat is the most manly thing you can do. Rambo tried and failed, three times.

Benni.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by skeg
If someone keeps something then they are responsible for it. Pet, kid, possession or otherwise.

LOL pull the other one, Benni, you can't even deal with that local youth who keeps stealing your 10p mix. (what was his name.....)
Of course they are, so if it scratches the car imo the owner of the car has everry right to ask them to pay etc, but this is irrelevant to cats being free roaming!
Old 04-07-2009, 09:33 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

I was just waiting for him to get a Cat so I could put it in a freezer. I wanna' take him down like a man you see, and killing a Cat is the most manly thing you can do. Rambo tried and failed, three times.

Benni.
killing a cat thats the only company/friend of a housebound blind pensioner is the height of manliness.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Old 04-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

How are pet cats anything like wild birds? The owner mistreats the cat then the RSPC tackle the owner. If the cat is causing a nuisance to people's property then the owner should deal with it. If next door had an owl as a pet and it runs amok then you knock on their door, simple.

Bowl of milk and LSD would be a start if owners shrugged their shoulders at me. Does it make someone a wannabe Johnny concrete for picking on a small cat? No but it gets the fucker of the lawn. Hopefully he'll get a bad trip like that Youtube video and associate your garden with big green trolls.

Another option would be to get an extra fridge freezer in the garage, when it is fouling your garden then stick the cat in the bottom draw for a couple of hours. Take him out later when frozen and pop him back over the fence to thaw out in the sunshine.
[/B]
Another prick joins the thread!!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Csm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Well i never thought a simple question would hit 6 pages of pish

Some people getting very angered on this and need to go and crack one off to release some of it LOL
Old 05-07-2009, 12:12 AM
Mark_w
Advanced PassionFord User

Yes but you can't get your back wheels in the cat whenever you like, even if you've tried.
How the cat dies is irrelevant if they damage your property or mess up your garden,the offender needs to be destroyed. There are some sick people on here if they believe its ok for a flea ridden stinking shit machine to put your garden or children at risk,the cat lovers on this thread come across as very small minded! Your child is flesh and blood,a cat is a dirty little shit machine that only cares for who is feeding it, 1 of our local cats even approched me when i bought a can of cat food to entice it in,it did not come back for more as i took it out for a nice day trip to the beach 2 miles away
mark
Old 05-07-2009, 12:42 AM
mcst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Of course they are, so if it scratches the car imo the owner of the car has everry right to ask them to pay etc, but this is irrelevant to cats being free roaming!
Nobody should argue about them being free roaming, the point is that people share a selfish attitude that cats can do what they like as a result. Who cares if they are free roaming if you choose to keep one as a pet you should take more responsibilty for it your neighbours didn't choose to have it as a pet. Its an ignorant attitude to have. The damage they cause is unneccessary.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:46 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Ignorance is killing a Cat because it shat in your garden. There are a million and one ways to solve the problem witout harm, but the PF mafia choose murder of all things.

Benni.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:02 AM
mcst

Ignorance is killing a Cat because it shat in your garden. There are a million and one ways to solve the problem witout harm, but the PF mafia choose murder of all things.

Benni.
AND AGAIN I HAVEN'T SAID I CONDONE KILLING THEM FFS!!!
Ignorance is when the owner is spoken to and still nothing is done. If they gave a fuck THEY could spare the time not expect their neighbours to deal with it.
You have missed the point over and over again benni like a few others in this thread.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:13 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

If my Cat is an annoyance, and I am asked I'll deal with it. I've not missed the point at all.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:18 AM
mcst

If my Cat is an annoyance, and I am asked I'll deal with it. I've not missed the point at all.
The point is that the majority of cat owners don't deal with it, so you must be able to understand where people are coming from. No body singled you out as being typical of all cat owners.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:06 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Does it make someone a wannabe Johnny concrete for picking on a small cat?
Not at all, it just makes them a cowardly tosser.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:12 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Csm
Some people getting very angered on this and need to go and crack one off to release some of it LOL
To be totally honest mate, i think anyone who is NOT angered about people 'saying' they would hurt a defensless animal, has serious problems.

No one is saying the owners are not responsible. Of course they are. The point is, whether the owner does something about it or not, its still no reason to hurt a bloody cat that cannot defend itself. Its just cowardly and anyone doing so does not deserve a place on this earth.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:18 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mark_w
How the cat dies is irrelevant if they damage your property or mess up your garden,the offender needs to be destroyed. There are some sick people on here if they believe its ok for a flea ridden stinking shit machine to put your garden or children at risk,the cat lovers on this thread come across as very small minded! Your child is flesh and blood,a cat is a dirty little shit machine that only cares for who is feeding it, 1 of our local cats even approched me when i bought a can of cat food to entice it in,it did not come back for more as i took it out for a nice day trip to the beach 2 miles away
mark
And you actually sound proud of this. Thats really strange. Shame on you and any other strange people who think this is acceptable. God help you.

Last edited by S1rst; 05-07-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:41 AM
nellyscossy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

As said, cats are free roaming like birds etc. You wanna change the law, piss off to parliment!
im a free roaming citizen of this free country do i'll pop round and do a big turd on your doorstep..after all its natural
Old 05-07-2009, 10:10 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

just because some love their cats and consider them free spirits doesnt mean everyone does. to others they are just dirty vermin like pigeons and rats. id say its up to the owner to look after their pets better and make sure they dont come into contact with those people instead of the "oh well, they a free roaming animal,what can i do? " attitude.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:53 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark_w
mark
Anyone who willingly harms/displaces an animal because it does something they don't like is a selfish moron.

I have both cats and kids, plus the neighbours have cats, and kids. We never have any problems, and if I did I'd actually talk to the people involved and look at solutions. I wouldn't just act like a self important selfish goon with no conscience.

Last edited by DanW@FastFord; 05-07-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

OMG it gets worse on PF. Full of slack cunts with no brains whatsoever!

Its a fucking defencless animal going about its life in a perfectly normal way, just cause humans have fenced an area off as theirs doesnt change an animals natural lifestyle you fucking brainless morons If you have a problem with the cat, kill the owner not the animal you hard bastards! But as said before, 90% of it is all GOB!
Old 05-07-2009, 07:04 PM
møffe
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

i just use a airgun. dont want them in my yard or on my cars, so killing them is a option. if people with cats have a problem with that, then they do like people with dogs, keep them i leasches.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by fuzzy
just because some love their cats and consider them free spirits doesnt mean everyone does. to others they are just dirty vermin like pigeons and rats. id say its up to the owner to look after their pets better and make sure they dont come into contact with those people instead of the "oh well, they a free roaming animal,what can i do? " attitude.
But its still not the cats fault if the owner doesn't take more responsibilty for it is it?

If it was one of my cats that was a problem to someone else, i would do all i could to sort it out, this isnt likely though because like i said above, my cats are mainly indoor cats and only go out into our back garden.

If the owner does nothing about it, then you could always speak to the RSPCA/environmental health, they will take action for you, so people like you and the rest of the morons on here dont need to resort to harming a defenceless animal after all, do you?

Unless, of course, it makes you feel more like a man??

We had a similar situation recently when one of the neighbours kept leaving her german shepherd out in the garden to bark all day/all night, with no clean water etc. Now, i could have taken the 'real man' attitude and just gone round and fed it rat poison or something but i attempted to speak to the owner, got no joy, so contacted the council, who in turn put me in contact with environmental health and the RSPCA, and its now sorted, and all without having to kill the dog!! Whoo hoo!!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:23 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by møffe
i just use a airgun. dont want them in my yard or on my cars, so killing them is a option. if people with cats have a problem with that, then they do like people with dogs, keep them i leasches.
Yeah, well done big man.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:36 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

whats with all this big man, hard man,coward etc stuff ? a crap attempt to belittle by nobbers on the internet? water of a ducks back. but for the record any ducks that come in my garden would also get it because im hard as nails me.
most people that will kill them will do so because they regard them as pests and not as some sort of measure of masculinity. one minute your saying theyre free roaming and uncontrolable then the next your saying go around and discuss ways to sort it with the owners? whats to discuss if theyre uncontrolable?instead of trying to shift the blame if people expect no harm to their cats then look after them better. my fence has small pins around the edge at 6ft up. that keeps my cats in and others out. they soon learned if they jump up they get a little jab.none have been injured more than a scratch and are still alive and living well with the 25metre garden for them to free roam in and none of my neighbours will be bothered by my cats shitting on their property or scratching their cars .

Last edited by fuzzy; 05-07-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

whats with all this big man, hard man,coward etc stuff ? a crap attempt to belittle by nobbers on the internet? most people that will kill them will do so because they regard them as pests and not as some sort of measure of masculinity. one minute your saying theyre free roaming and uncontrolable then the next your saying go around and discuss ways to sort it with the owners? whats to discuss if theyre uncontrolable?instead of trying to shift the blame if people expect no harm to their cats then look after them better. my fence has small pins around the edge at 6ft up. that keeps my cats in and others out. they soon learned if they jump up they get a little jab.none have been injured more than a scratch and are still alive and living well with the 25metre garden for them to free roam in and none of my neighbours will be bothered by my cats shitting on their property or scratching their cars .
They are only free roaming and uncontrollable if the owner doesn't take proper responsibility for them.

I totally understand that people are pissed off if a cat shits in their garden or scratches their car etc, i would be as well, which is why i always move our cars off the drive before we let the cats out.

I just think there are better ways to sort the problem out than harming the cats like some people on here have suggested.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:01 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

offer suggestions then as to what an owner can do realistically to stop the cats roaming into others property? im lucky enough to have a decent sized garden with a high fence all around but most dont have that.
my missus got us 8 cats 19 years ago, 2 are left ,the rest have died of old age and disease and in that 19 years weve tried all the sprays and ideas they sell and nothing ive seen works.

Last edited by fuzzy; 05-07-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:53 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

whats with all this big man, hard man,coward etc stuff ? a crap attempt to belittle by nobbers on the internet?
Its not an attempt to be little anyone mate. Anyone that would hurt a cat (or any defenceless animal) is a coward. Simple really. Just like men who hit women. Its a cowardly act. You wouldnt see these people attempting to hurt a lion if it strolled into their garden, they'd run a mile, so to try and hurt a cat makes them a coward, amongst other things.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Csm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Is it no about time you all got a new bone tae chew on as this one was finished a long time ago
Old 06-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Mark_w
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by S1rst
Its not an attempt to be little anyone mate. Anyone that would hurt a cat (or any defenceless animal) is a coward. Simple really. Just like men who hit women. Its a cowardly act. You wouldnt see these people attempting to hurt a lion if it strolled into their garden, they'd run a mile, so to try and hurt a cat makes them a coward, amongst other things.
If a lion strolled in my garden i would still throw a rock at it or fire a pellet at it,from a safe distance If it did not move i would not kick it up the arse and launch it over the fence as you would a cat,i would leave it a nice drink of antifreeze

mark
Old 06-07-2009, 03:12 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

whats with all this big man, hard man,coward etc stuff ? a crap attempt to belittle by nobbers on the internet?
No, because I think it's funny (and tragic) that someone can boastfully talk about hurting a little animal. It's like saying, "yeah, I punched that old lady and she went down like a sack of shit".
Old 06-07-2009, 05:33 PM
møffe
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by S1rst
to be honest. im a farmer. so a cat i not that big a problem. i do my job when animals (in this case pigs) have ingeruies (not that good at writing english) and that after the danish law. the danish law ewen says that im in facht are legally allowed to kill a cat if its trespases. and if i hit any animal with my car, then im one of thouse people ther goes back and finishes the job, i have ewen got things with me home to cook a couple of times. just not cats. more rabbits and a fasan.

but i bet your leion with one of the boars from work. dont think you will think you self so mutch of a man with a 400kg pig up yor ass..