General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

How well Known are UB40?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a few minor "connections" with Led Zeppelin. Robert Plant is often seen round the town of Bridgnorth (where I live). He lives in a huge farmhouse in Shatterford (between Bridgnorth and Kidderminster). I've been with or in a group around him at several Wolves matches.

And also in the early 1970's, my dad used to do some driving work of an evening, just Taxis and such like round the black country, and his most regular customer was John Bonham (Led Zeppelin drummer), who had a big house in Pedmore. He used to pick up his son (Jason Bonham, good drummer in his own right now, has his own band and has played for Led Zep and other big names) and take him to his nan's house when John went off on tour or out to a party or anything. Apprarently my old man said he used to open the door and stand there with the biggest wad of pound notes you ever saw, peel a few off to pay him and also say that whatever Jason asks for, just to get him!

Apparently even when he was a little kid at that time, he was already a useful drummer himself.

And my mum's late husband was one year above at the same school as Robert Plant. Forgot what it's called now, but it's the big posh old school at the top of Wollescote.

Last edited by Mike C; 01-07-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:33 PM
orionmojo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh cool. Nice info

John Bonham is a true legend. Rock and roll to the end (quite literally) Love it.

Crazy whats on your doorstep. they were the biggest band around for years, cracked the Uk, europe, America, yet they still came back to england, to west brom Awesome!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:13 PM
Cozzie Bhoy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love UB40 over here in Ireland. Seen them live a few times. Playing here again in october. Whats up with Ali Campbell, Is he gone for good ? Big fan of Led Zeppelin too!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:37 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

my mates unc was the black fella in ub40, that is also a 100% truth he used to come to their birthday party's and all that

met jasper carrot in the petrol station round the corner from mine he was driving a big lexus with all the gold badges on he used to live in earlswood, my mom has altered clothes for him before.

And orionmojo i was out driving last night and seen your orion outside your house i guess, yours is mateese (sp) blue isn't it, i remem it from the rose and crown, didn't realize you live so close.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:25 PM
orionmojo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh cool Astro? his son still drinks in the dogpool. my uncles knows him quite well. never seen jasper carrott.

yes thats my orion, Matisse blue and looking worse for wear after sitting under that tree for a week! it needs a space back on the drive but its timing it right when my dad is out and stealing one and yeah thats where i live, it hasn't moved since last sun.