General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Renault Tech here that can help me please?????!!!!???

Search this Thread

Old 27-06-2009, 01:59 PM
CosworthGuy
3dr Cosworth owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any Renault Tech here that can help me please?????!!!!???

Ive got a 2004 megane scenic 1.5 dci that has just come up with a rather random fault, When you driving at normal temp it come up with injection fault on the instrument panel when you get to around 3000 - 3500 rmp and it judders in a manner of speaking. So i took it to my local renault dealer to have the diagnostic plug in and they printed out the fault codes for me. Now when i asked them what the issue was they got very secretive i think and didnt want to tell me whats what, yhey just said id have to bring it back for the day for them to look at. Now when its not up to full temp it drives perfectly normal and also when it nuetral it revs cleanly all the way t maximum revs, No smoke or anything and you can here the turbo so i know its working fine

My main concern was it was either the high pressure pump on the turbo but they have confirmed it is neither of these, the print out comes up with fault code DF008 PEDAL POTENCIOMETER CIRCUIT RACK 1. And in the tech's handwriting it says Component blocked.

The second code reads DF053 RAIL PRESSURE REGULATION FUNCTION and again in the tech's own handwrititng it says at minimum limit.

Now when I asked about fixing it they didnt want to give me any more info just that i should bring it back to them.
Now i fully understand that they have to look after themselves and need to get work in but i didnt find them very helpful compared to other main dealers Ive used,
What i want to know is how do i go about sorting it myself rather than resorting to extorsionate prices etc etc. is there anyone out there that can help a fellow Passionforder. Cheers

Last edited by CosworthGuy; 27-06-2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: ,
Old 27-06-2009, 02:11 PM
swebber23
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Df008 - Fuel pump relay control circuit, something to do with injection relay.

Df053 - Possibly high pressure regulator or rail pressure sensor

Thats just what comes back with googling a few bits
Old 27-06-2009, 02:42 PM
blacky.
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take your fuel filter off ( remove the wheel arch liner on the drivers side front)

cover all the ports & give it a shake

then empty it in to a cup & stick a small magnet in

if the magnet comes out clean then i would be looking a fuel preshure reg on the pump

if there are filings on it then your looking at the high presh pump starting to fail

as for the pedal fault it could be the wire on track one starting to fail i have seen them go open circuit as all ren wireing is cheap & britle
Old 28-06-2009, 06:22 PM
CosworthGuy
3dr Cosworth owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blacky.
take your fuel filter off ( remove the wheel arch liner on the drivers side front)

cover all the ports & give it a shake

then empty it in to a cup & stick a small magnet in

if the magnet comes out clean then i would be looking a fuel preshure reg on the pump

if there are filings on it then your looking at the high presh pump starting to fail

as for the pedal fault it could be the wire on track one starting to fail i have seen them go open circuit as all ren wireing is cheap & britle
Why the fuck are you all the way up in stockton Blacky. Why cant you be down my way Id happily line your pockets with silver to sort it lol. I specifically asked the guys at renault if it was the high pressure pump and they said it was in normal working order, Ive noticed about the wiring though, Its got a sensor on the clutch pedal and brake pedal, You va eto put you fut on one or the other for it to satrt and dont work when you put it on the cluth, The wiring broke inside the connecting block. Sorted that now that tanks to a scrap yard near me.

Anyone else

Last edited by CosworthGuy; 29-06-2009 at 11:45 AM. Reason: .