General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

If you could change..........

Search this Thread

Old 21-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyBravo
She did post it at 9.30pm not 1am

I think its good, some people need to talk and want to get things off their chest.
Im not saying its not good, im just wondering what the inspiration for it was??

Originally Posted by Alan_D
Why? Surely you would rather be here now than not existing at all and experiencing whatever else life has to offer?
I genuinely dont know. In my mind i have at present no good reasons to stay for my own purposes. But Obviously as i explained, my actions now have the potential to hurt others so its not really my choice.
Old 21-06-2009, 12:28 AM
whosyadaddy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If i could go back and change 1 thing, I would have told my mum i loved her the last time i ever spoke to her instead of being a typical teenager and wanting things my own way!
Old 21-06-2009, 12:29 AM
89xr2
Brap!

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
I genuinely dont know. In my mind i have at present no good reasons to stay for my own purposes. But Obviously as i explained, my actions now have the potential to hurt others so its not really my choice.
That's the one and only reason not to choose suicide... The pain and suffering it will cause those that you leave behind.
Old 21-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by 89xr2
That's the one and only reason not to choose suicide... The pain and suffering it will cause those that you leave behind.
That and the fact that life can be turned around so quickly. I mean for fucks sake, a year on and the same person could be at an all time high, and just for the sake of putting up with the pain that little bit longer.
Old 21-06-2009, 12:34 AM
dreamer
PassionFord Regular

Yeah
I tend to lurk a bit on this site rather than posting usually get shot down when I do but fuckin hell. But Ive read some of your posts on the subject

I've been suicidal for a long time before recently, never attempted tho-come to a decision now that it'd tear the family apart so haven't done it and things are headin the right way these days

If you'd done it you'd never have met your sister, wouldn't have your puma,that'd have been it

Get that under control you'll no doubt watch nephews/nieces growing up and maybe your own kids. Things can turn round very quickly
Old 21-06-2009, 12:36 AM
dreamer
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Alan_D
That and the fact that life can be turned around so quickly. I mean for fucks sake, a year on and the same person could be at an all time high, and just for the sake of putting up with the pain that little bit longer.

Jinx posted that at the exact same time-I believe strongly that things can change for the better and will
Old 21-06-2009, 12:39 AM
dreamer
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by 89xr2

If you consider those around you most people back out. Anyone I've known that done it(2 now) wasn't in a state to consider the wider implications.
Old 21-06-2009, 12:41 AM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boothy
Why what did he do must heve been bad
not that bad really,left me and my missus in marple coz we had a miss understanding over pick-up times,(his fault),mate picked me up instead,my brother came round a couple of days later we started arguing and ive got a viscious temper,we ended up outside with me kicking and punching him in the head and face,after it was all over he was getting dizzy and couldnt see straight so had take him hospital.

also tryed to hit my dad with a suspension leg,managed to calm my temper a bit now
Old 21-06-2009, 12:47 AM
KnoxyGtt
T34 just kicked in Yo

Not been a shiftless bastard and stuck in a school, if i did i wouldnt be 26 with no job and at the bottom of the education ladder trying to workout what i want to do, everything happens for a reason tho so who knows if i did then fuck knows, i could have been worse off then now maybe, ill play the story of life out and see how it goes
Old 21-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by dreamer
If you'd done it you'd never have met your sister, wouldn't have your puma,that'd have been it
i didnt know my sister existed then let alone have a family relationship with her and i didnt even have a decent car then. Plus i woudnt stay alive for a car!!

She is literally the only person who would be seriously effected by my death, so if i sabotaged the relationship the damage would be minimal.

You see then when you remove other people, if you have no reason to live for yourself (well no good reason!) its easy to end it.
Old 21-06-2009, 12:57 AM
dreamer
PassionFord Regular

i didnt know my sister existed then let alone have a family relationship with her and i didnt even have a decent car then. Plus i woudnt stay alive for a car!!

She is literally the only person who would be seriously effected by my death, so if i sabotaged the relationship the damage would be minimal.

You see then when you remove other people, if you have no reason to live for yourself (well no good reason!) its easy to end it.
Nobody posting on an internet forum is gonna improve your outlook on your self worth but I hope you've been seeking proper support for this. I'm not telling you anything you don't know
Old 21-06-2009, 12:59 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by KnoxyGtt
Not been a shiftless bastard and stuck in a school, if i did i wouldnt be 26 with no job and at the bottom of the education ladder trying to workout what i want to do
TBH in the current climate you could have got a great education and still been where you are. Ive got qualifications up the ying yang from school and the navy and management qualifications etc yet im merely a security guard

So dont worry yet!!!

Although what kids these days need is guys like you talking to them so they understand the need to study hard where as at the moment in deprived areas they just dont see the point, not to mention it being "cool" to be a dick and mess around and fail your exams.
Old 21-06-2009, 01:04 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Nobody posting on an internet forum is gonna improve your outlook on your self worth but I hope you've been seeking proper support for this. I'm not telling you anything you don't know
as you say i know this! I will have professional support possibly once this NHS psychologist finishes his assessment thats gone on for 3 months now!

I have very little self worth which is the main reason they took my driving license as i could totally justify taking excessive risks with my life on the road as it just didnt matter to me, where as they view it that even though im minimising the risk to others, there is still the potential for events beyond my control meaning a theoretical increased risk to others. So my license had to go pending a period of stability/lying to the docs so i could drive again.
Old 21-06-2009, 01:34 AM
dreamer
PassionFord Regular

as you say i know this! I will have professional support possibly once this NHS psychologist finishes his assessment thats gone on for 3 months now!

I have very little self worth which is the main reason they took my driving license as i could totally justify taking excessive risks with my life on the road as it just didnt matter to me, where as they view it that even though im minimising the risk to others, there is still the potential for events beyond my control meaning a theoretical increased risk to others. So my license had to go pending a period of stability/lying to the docs so i could drive again.

Its rediculous that your 3 months on waiting for a report/assessment but thats the standard here too. Your self worth does have a bearing on driving they're right.

I dunno mate but you seem pretty popular on here so build on that and keep looking forward. Being unemployed has dented my persona more than I would have thought possible but you have to keep looking forward

Last edited by dreamer; 21-06-2009 at 01:40 AM.
Old 21-06-2009, 01:39 AM
dreamer
PassionFord Regular

TBH in the current climate you could have got a great education and still been where you are. Ive got qualifications up the ying yang from school and the navy and management qualifications etc yet im merely a security guard

So dont worry yet!!!

Although what kids these days need is guys like you talking to them so they understand the need to study hard where as at the moment in deprived areas they just dont see the point, not to mention it being "cool" to be a dick and mess around and fail your exams.
I have 8 yrs experience as an electrician including mines in Oz as a chargehand and ESB(electricity providers) substation rebuilds-over which I was in charge, and I can't get a start. In actual fact my uncle has been trying for over a month to get me going as a security guard but the company isn't busy enough-I'm not able to even get work at that.

It will turn round though
Old 21-06-2009, 02:36 AM
TimC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I was 15/16 my mum was going to visit her parents and asked if I wanted to go along, I wanted to spend the day with my dad (as my parents where divirced) so that is what I did.

Later that week my Grandad suffered a heart attack and died and on my Nanas birthday.

My biggest regret in my life so far is never going to see him on that one last chance I had.

On the day he died I had to spend the night alone as my mum was with my nana and that is the most horrible time iv ever had to go through.
Old 21-06-2009, 02:42 AM
dreamer
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by AquariousRS
When I was 15/16 my mum was going to visit her parents and asked if I wanted to go along, I wanted to spend the day with my dad (as my parents where divirced) so that is what I did.

Later that week my Grandad suffered a heart attack and died and on my Nanas birthday.

My biggest regret in my life so far is never going to see him on that one last chance I had.

On the day he died I had to spend the night alone as my mum was with my nana and that is the most horrible time iv ever had to go through.
can't keep punishing yourself for that how were you to know. He'd want you to lose the guilt you're carrying
Old 21-06-2009, 03:06 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I must be quite lucky really, I have made big fuck ups like most people in life, but if you spend time regretting them you are only wasting your future! Live every day folks, do what you want when you want as you might not be here tommorow!
Old 21-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

There's many things I wish I had done, but never did, but not many I wish I hadn't. Right now it's got to be smoking though, I so wish I hadn't started again. I'm finding it very hard to get in the mindset to stop, and I'm sick of feeling like utter shit when I wake up. I sound like an old man coughing my lungs up in a morning.
Old 21-06-2009, 08:35 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Not being interviewed as a murder suspect 6 times would help, as would not being charged as one!!
That was quite stessful.
tabetha
Old 21-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Adam.
Needs Beer Tokens.....

Originally Posted by tabetha
Not being interviewed as a murder suspect 6 times would help, as would not being charged as one!!
That was quite stessful.
tabetha
Old 21-06-2009, 10:04 AM
GooseRST
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

I regret shaving my bollocks a while back... never again.
Old 21-06-2009, 10:22 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by coleman
Can i ask why?
Yeah, because if I hadn't, then I wouldn't have done this -

By far the single biggest regret of my life. The after effects changed so many things in my life, not least my finances and my career. It was one simple error of judgement that happened in a fraction of a second, but I'm still 'suffering' the repercussions to this day.
Old 21-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Yeah, because if I hadn't, then I wouldn't have done this -

By far the single biggest regret of my life. The after effects changed so many things in my life, not least my finances and my career. It was one simple error of judgement that happened in a fraction of a second, but I'm still 'suffering' the repercussions to this day.
i know its embarresing to be seen driving a Mx5 but doing that so that nobody sees you driving,, well thats just going too far imo pmsl

my one think to change would be not going home to change when i spilled coffee on my shirt at work,,,,, as i wrote off the scooby at the end of the road sliding on ice pmsl
Old 21-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eh change your name back for starters-can't be that hard

Would you be the person you are today if you hadn't been married? Would you be as strong?
Youre right iw ouldnt be the person i am now.... well... i dont think i would be, but you just dont know do ya?!

Maria, just out of interest, what made you post this thread??

Its a bit deep and phillosphical for 1am on a sunday morning!!
you know me, i like coming up with random questions to get people talking!

Originally Posted by Ginge !
i know its embarresing to be seen driving a Mx5 but doing that so that nobody sees you driving,, well thats just going too far imo pmsl
Old 21-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Id sooner regret things I did than things I didnt do.

That said I still wish I hadnt gone out for one last lap in the E30 at the ring when I knew the tyres were well past their best!
Old 21-06-2009, 11:37 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Statey
I didn't get convicted, as cps decided at the last moment to drop the charge, took them two years to decide to drop it.
tabetha
Old 21-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
Id sooner regret things I did than things I didnt do.
It's the other way round for me, not much point regretting the things you've done in my opinion.

Regret the things you HAVEN'T done and you can more than likely do something about it!
Old 21-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Paddy
It's the other way round for me, not much point regretting the things you've done in my opinion.

Regret the things you HAVEN'T done and you can more than likely do something about it!

So very true. But I'm more astounded by your sensible reply.....No mention of animals, midgets or dresses!! You feeling alright mate?
Old 21-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Paddy

Depends if the things you didnt do were things you can still do now or not, like for example the people wishing they had said goodbye properly to loved ones, once that chance is gone, its gone.
Old 21-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Kestrel77
Alive

Arrow ~ Oh ~

Hmmm... Leaving home at Sixteen to move in with an Older Lass ~
Huge~Mistake leading to many others . . .
Shoulda stayed to learn more about life first...
I know yo said one~thing so I'll limit mesel to One

Old 21-06-2009, 03:14 PM
truthordare
Omnomnomnom

Nothing at all, I believe in looking forward not back, life's for living, its not a rehearsal, if you think you are going to do something that you will regret and its avoidable then don't do it, life's too short for regrets imo.

Debs
Old 21-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

tabetha

Do you mind telling us the story? Or all 6?
Old 21-06-2009, 04:29 PM
cossie604
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tried harder at school.
Old 21-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Started smoking
Old 21-06-2009, 04:45 PM
p.cressie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kosman
not that bad really,left me and my missus in marple coz we had a miss understanding over pick-up times,(his fault),mate picked me up instead,my brother came round a couple of days later we started arguing and ive got a viscious temper,we ended up outside with me kicking and punching him in the head and face,after it was all over he was getting dizzy and couldnt see straight so had take him hospital.

also tryed to hit my dad with a suspension leg,managed to calm my temper a bit now
To be fair I'd have slapt him for leaving me in Marple lol
Old 21-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by Maria.
you know me, i like coming up with random questions to get people talking!
fair enough!!
Old 21-06-2009, 07:57 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

SO Tabetha, they obviously only JUST decided they wouldnt win the case..

so are you a murderer?? LOL

my biggest regret is not going to uni i think.. everything has been shit since then anyway.
Old 21-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

reading this thread

if you asked me this a year ago im sure i would of come out with some wrist cutting answer but personally i prefer paddys answer or better still dont live with regrets. you want something or do something then DO IT or get close enough to it or change it. only you can do it etc etc.
Old 21-06-2009, 08:07 PM
JayKay
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

As said before by others, don't regret anything I have done...a combination of all that has helped make me what I am now and made my values what they are

...although that fat 50yr old bird last year is maybe one id forget about