General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Any house alarm Engineers about

Search this Thread

Old 19-06-2009, 08:15 PM
tosh
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Any house alarm Engineers about

Right where do I start!

At the moment I have the alarm running from a plug in 12v transformer which I have wired to the backup battery terminals because something happened to the internal AC transformer side of things, NOT a good thing to do I know because it will piss of the neighbours when theres a power-cut etc (BOTHERED)

but now I need to turn off the Ring Circuit to do some other work so what I need to know is, is there a way I can isolate the external bell box via the engineers code or using a link wire between the terminals in the panel to stop the self powered bell box ringing.
Old 19-06-2009, 08:17 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

i can't help you exactly but make and model of your alarm would be really useful as it'll be different between them
Old 19-06-2009, 08:27 PM
tosh

It's the Ademco Microtech Accord also named Intellisense on another pannel that I have, but both are identical
Old 19-06-2009, 09:35 PM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

The bell box looks for a constant 12V 'hold off' supply or it will sound.

Your battery should supply this when the power is cut, so put one in! I have a stack of old panels here I can probably sort a transformer for you if that's what you need? PM me a pic dude. Where are you?
Old 19-06-2009, 09:45 PM
rstdave
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As above you should have a battery backup which powers the alarm in power cut situations. If you haven't you'll probably have to get up to the bellbox and disconnect the battery to stop it ringing.....there are some systems that allow you to disconnect the bellbox remotely from the keypad when you put the alarm in engineers mode but not all will have this function.
Old 20-06-2009, 08:20 AM
notroubleclubber
Back In The RS Game!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just stick a 12v battery on it where you have wired a 12v transformer.
Old 20-06-2009, 08:24 AM
focusv8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts

Use an extension lead and plug it in another socket, not on the ring you are switching off, cooker socket?

Old 18-07-2009, 06:06 PM
tosh

OK sorry guys for the late reply but can you still help me.

I have now acquired a couple or spare new panels which I want to use to replace the old one which still works but it is running from an external 12v mains power adapter which is connected to the Battery + & - terminals, I done this when the internal transformer packed up thinking that I could just leave the Battery back up in place (connected to the BAT +/- terminals) and then connect the plug in 12v mans adapter into the AC terminals but this did not work for some reason, so I'm presuming that there's a fault in the AC circuit somewhere, I know it's not the fuses because that was the first thing that I tried.

Anyway what I need to know is:

Question 1: which one of these should I use? the on with the extra resistors and coil on the back are from the Accord model (which is what mine is called) and the other one looks identical but without the extra resistors/coil, and is called an Intellisense ST900 but I think both are made by Ademco Microtech.

Question 2: I am going to change them over wire for wire which should be fool proof "I HOPE" but rather then trying to re-program the system I was thinking would it work if I just took the Chip out of mine and put it in the new circuit board, as it looks like they are removable like our ECU Chip's.

Question 3: do you think that the Chip in the ubove photos would be the on that holds the programing dater.

Question 4: Has any of this made any sense.

Question 5: Are you all still awake or have I bored you all to tears.

Question 6: Am I an idiot "DON'T ANSWER THIS ONE BECAUSE I HAVE FEELINGS"

Thanks in advance, I know it's all a bit complex and long winded but any help will be much appreciated.

Here is a few more pics to help you experts identify the alarm that i'm on about.

Old 18-07-2009, 06:16 PM
tosh

Originally Posted by focusv8
Use an extension lead and plug it in another socket, not on the ring you are switching off, cooker socket?

DER why didn't I think of that such a good idea mate
Old 20-07-2009, 05:05 PM
tosh

Bump scuse me
Old 25-07-2009, 03:12 PM
tosh

Yet another BUMP for the weekend

ANYONE