General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

now i know why tvr's aint liked :wall:

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default now i know why tvr's aint liked :wall:

ive been sorting through problems with this fucking car for over a week, parts are like fucking gold dust to get hold of,,,,, and of all the parts that i managed to find,,,,,, i cant find a fucking airbox for it as mine is proper fucked, its a comon problem aswell ive been told so that means buy another one,,,,,,,, and again its gonna happen as the car is 4 years old ffs

it aint even moved for over a year too which is anoying

i dont get the whole " its unreliable" thing,,,, what im getting is " sorry mate thats not made anymore" thing

ive had to find someone to recon the steering rack, change all the suspension,, try and source wheels that,,,,, well are well over priced AND know for cracking too and its almost done,,,,,,, apart from a fucking airbox cover thats cracked and warped to fuck,,,,,, it was over 200 quid to buy new,,,,, and its no longer available,,, been told anywhere upto 400 quid for a bit of wanky plastic that cant take the under bonnet heat

been searching the net for HOURS and calling people just nobody has one

i fucking hate this car already and its just sitting in a yard on axel stands too

fuck would i spunk 20k plus on fucking tuscan and people who do must REALLY regret it

the only good thing was the injectors where 35 quid each new that i needed
Old 10-06-2009, 10:45 PM
J1mbo
B1mbo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get a airbox made ? get a fabricator to knock one up id do that and save yourself some ££ and last forever
Old 10-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by J1mbo
get a airbox made ? get a fabricator to knock one up id do that and save yourself some ££ and last forever
you aint seen this one though, ive not had chance to get down the garage and find what the airbox does and i cant find piccys of it

i was told to fibreglass it,,,, but its proper twisted and warped,,,,, and theres a large hole that im not sure if a maf sensor should be on there or just a hole....... and even the round hole aint round

its sort of shrunk where its all cracked apart as i was gonna get it plastic welded but that idea its fucked too

ps: any fabricators who you know of ?
Old 10-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

i can see this deal going bad on my part now, the current bill on parts alone with no labour is almost 3k, theres still other stuff needed too AND theres a repair on the rear quarter that needs doing now too

so much for a bargain deal my mate got that i started to jump in at feet first,,,,, wish i paied 10k for it and he got the cunt fixed now
Old 10-06-2009, 11:00 PM
J1mbo
B1mbo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ginge !
you aint seen this one though, ive not had chance to get down the garage and find what the airbox does and i cant find piccys of it

i was told to fibreglass it,,,, but its proper twisted and warped,,,,, and theres a large hole that im not sure if a maf sensor should be on there or just a hole....... and even the round hole aint round

its sort of shrunk where its all cracked apart as i was gonna get it plastic welded but that idea its fucked too

pro alloy, they would do something like that im sure
Old 10-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Madbradz
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ohh Not good, What is it? Any Pics??

They still look the tits though....
Old 10-06-2009, 11:35 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know of a good fabricator west of London that can make just about anything Get some photos and I'll see if he can make a new one

Trending Topics

Old 11-06-2009, 05:40 AM
p17fld
Advanced PassionFord User

ive been sorting through problems with this fucking car for over a week, parts are like fucking gold dust to get hold of,,,,, and of all the parts that i managed to find,,,,,, i cant find a fucking airbox for it as mine is proper fucked, its a comon problem aswell ive been told so that means buy another one,,,,,,,, and again its gonna happen as the car is 4 years old ffs

it aint even moved for over a year too which is anoying

i dont get the whole " its unreliable" thing,,,, what im getting is " sorry mate thats not made anymore" thing

ive had to find someone to recon the steering rack, change all the suspension,, try and source wheels that,,,,, well are well over priced AND know for cracking too and its almost done,,,,,,, apart from a fucking airbox cover thats cracked and warped to fuck,,,,,, it was over 200 quid to buy new,,,,, and its no longer available,,, been told anywhere upto 400 quid for a bit of wanky plastic that cant take the under bonnet heat

been searching the net for HOURS and calling people just nobody has one

i fucking hate this car already and its just sitting in a yard on axel stands too

fuck would i spunk 20k plus on fucking tuscan and people who do must REALLY regret it

the only good thing was the injectors where 35 quid each new that i needed
Have you tried douglasvalley.co.uk ?
Old 11-06-2009, 11:22 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know someone who could make you anything you want out of stainless, alloy etc, make it on the car too if you wanted so you know it's right, he's making Roosie's side exit exhausts at the mo, and made his own aluminium system for his 629bhp integra, though he's done all manner of other things.
In deepest darkest Norfolkshire though.
tabetha
Old 11-06-2009, 12:38 PM
johnny99
Regular Contributor

Speak to Claire at Dreadnought TVR in Scotland, she knows these inside out. I am pretty sure there is no MAF sensor on it, the ECU reads engine speed and throttle position. Also make sure you check the valve clearance's every 12K miles, and the rads are known to leak. Replace it with an alloy one. We look after a 04 one here and other than a battery, rad and a set of dampers, it never gives and trouble, this is his second TVR in 5 years.

John
Old 11-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've missed any chat you've had about the car. Whats the scoop with where you got it etc?